Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud

Why don't you want those 1800 other special districts to pay their fair share? (using your "logic" here)
name one. be specific.

Why do you think Disney doesn't?
doesn't what?

I can't answer your question because you are claiming something I haven't said.
so to be clear, you absolutely DO want Disney to pay their fair share? then we are done. Awesome.

It is up to YOU to define "fair share" because YOU made a point of it.
absolutely not. im simply using LEFTIST talking points. I want YOU to define it.

im glad we have FINALLY come to the conclusion that you absolutely DO WANT Disney to pay their fair share. Glad thats over.

• Sad
Reactions: cnm
DeSantis opposes teachers pushing sexual orientation and gender identity on young children. I agree with DeSantis and feel Disney should stay out of the controversy. I don’t want some teacher messing with my great grandchildren’s sexual orientation or gender identity as they are not mature.
Should all companies and businesses stay out of political affairs then?

Special districts in Florida were never intended as a means of increasing a private for-profit company's bottom line.

Special districts were created to support Florida citizens with needed services and to support communities facing difficulty. Here is an excerpt of a report put out years before the Disney issue:

"Under law, special districts are tasked with serving “a public purpose with accountability to the public and general-purpose local governments.” This seems to directly contradict the often confusing set of laws, the number of establishing and implementing documents available, and the completeness of the financial reporting. Although they may not be “hidden” from the constituents they serve, and notwithstanding the reforms of the 1980s, they still can be considered veiled, with complicated statutory laws, incomplete financial reporting, and limited reporting of their creating documents. This observed outcome limits the potential for concerned constituents to understand the purpose and services provided by special districts and the relationship between the service provided by special districts and services provide by general purpose governments."

"In 2012, there were 1,007 independent districts in Florida (fifteen are inactive). They provide 55 different types of service ranging from mosquito districts to children’s services, community development to hospital districts. The seats of 826 special districts are filled by elections, 148 governing boards are appointed, 23 are filled through a mixture of appointed and elected seats and 5 are congruent with local governing authority. Another five governing boards are filled by
other methods.
"

"Other frequently found special districts deal with drainage and water control, soil and water conservation, hospitals, recreational facilities, housing, mosquito control, libraries, water/wastewater, airports, and waterways. In addition, there are special districts in Florida dealing with children’s services, downtown development, expressways and bridges, libraries, regional transportation and port facilities."

Bringing an investment like an NFL franchise to a city may justify short-term tax abatement. Disney however has received special consideration for over 50 years. Maybe it's time to offer the same conditions to every business? I'm sure every company would be more profitable if we did so.

name one specific company and lets discuss. Now why not Disney? now why the hypocrisy. YOU ARGUED others should pay, but don't think Disney should? Why is that?
The issue is surely one of fairness, Defacist id using his power to try and crush people who disagree with his political nonsense.
The question of Disneys tax breaks are not the issue. The issue is one of fairness before the law.

name one specific company and lets discuss. Now why not Disney? now why the hypocrisy. YOU ARGUED others should pay, but don't think Disney should? Why is that?

Why do you think Disney does not pay taxes?

They paid more than a billion dollars of taxes in Florida in 2022.

Bringing an investment like an NFL franchise to a city may justify short-term tax abatement. Disney however has received special consideration for over 50 years. Maybe it's time to offer the same conditions to every business? I'm sure every company would be more profitable if we did so.

Do you think most business want to build and maintain their own roads, have and pay for their own fire department, have and pay for their own water treatment plant?

How many businesses do you think would sign up for those things?

The issue is surely one of fairness, Defacist id using his power to try and crush people who disagree with his political nonsense.
The question of Disneys tax breaks are not the issue. The issue is one of fairness before the law.
When the local areas asked for help from Disney for improvements and other infrastructure upgrades, Disney has punted many times. The local highway systems need massive upgrades. There was a proposal for a train expansion from the airport to Disney. This since the region is building and expanding train service which is local and progressing statewide. Which is taxpayer supported to keep afloat.

your unfounded, dumbass opinion is duly noted.

Should all companies and businesses stay out of political affairs then?
If I ran a company I would avoid politics unless it directly affected my business. For example say I made firearms.

This post make me think you do not know what stocks are or what stock losses mean.

You have no clue how any of this works or what any of those terms even mean.
Disney’s financial situation isn’t all that great at this time. Some unbiased reporters are saying that was the reason Disney canceled the expansion, not the fight with DeSantis.

The liberal media wants to make DeSantis look bad. If Trump drops out, DeSantis would be a strong candidate against Joe Biden.

I'm just a few miles from the cost in Virginia. Out homeowners insurance is about $3000 a year.

WW
Compared to some midwestern states that's high. The one with the $60,000 I should have said it is quite a large house or mansion and only about 10 years old. My house was built in 1971 and I have hurricane straps, a 2 year old roof and last year replaced all the windows with 155 mph wind resistance. All insurances cost me around $5000 with $10,000 deductible except flood deductible is a lot less.

WHY DON'T YOU WANT OTHER COMPANIES TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE?
Disney does pay over a billion a year in taxes and there were 300 and some companies that came out against the so called Don't Say Gay bill but no retaliation against them, at least yet.

name one. be specific.

doesn't what?

so to be clear, you absolutely DO want Disney to pay their fair share? then we are done. Awesome.

absolutely not. im simply using LEFTIST talking points. I want YOU to define it.

im glad we have FINALLY come to the conclusion that you absolutely DO WANT Disney to pay their fair share. Glad thats over.
One specific is the villages another Ave Maria.

Disney’s financial situation isn’t all that great at this time. Some unbiased reporters are saying that was the reason Disney canceled the expansion, not the fight with DeSantis.

The liberal media wants to make DeSantis look bad. If Trump drops out, DeSantis would be a strong candidate against Joe Biden.

If you bother to look it up the Chairman I believe his name is D'Araco or something like that said "Florida is no longer a good business climate" thus the scrapping of the project.

Do you think most business want to build and maintain their own roads, have and pay for their own fire department, have and pay for their own water treatment plant?

How many businesses do you think would sign up for those things?

Many of the big companies like Google, Amazon and Tesla build their own roads, have on-site water treatment, have a private facility fire brigade to see to their needs and increasingly try to generate their own electricity.

Forum List

Back