BOOM: DISNEY $125 Million In Employee Bonuses, Credits Tax Cuts...

I'm thrilled that Mickey Mouse and pals are going to get a break, and I am sure that it will be worth the $1.5 trillion that us taxpayers will have to absorb sooner or later.

Actually it is not even that... The Obama Economy has brought unemployment down to close to full employment.
upload_2018-1-24_20-22-13.png

Disney like any other organisation is now competing for employees, this is typical grand standing for attracting the better candidates. Walmart did the same thing, this is supply and demand for workers.

So these bonuses are coming out to do three things:
  • Retain there staff using the minimum wage risess
  • Attract the best possible candidates for new jobs
  • Blow smoke up Trumps ass, the guy(& supporter) is so gullible to this stuff

Who cares? Companies weren’t doing it during the Obama Error.

Okay, well at least you admit they were doing it for headlines and PR. Additionally, their employees know that the company they work for got a whopping tax break. The big corporations who don't offer something ultimately are shamed into doing it.

It's a token gesture to appease the masses prior to the employees getting PO'd and hitting back via social media and bad word of mouth.
Why should companies need good PR on how they treat employees?

Oh yeah, Trump economy has the lowest unemployment numbers and companies are raising wages to draw people in.

Yes, you lefties do hate Americans.

I'm thrilled that Mickey Mouse and pals are going to get a break, and I am sure that it will be worth the $1.5 trillion that us taxpayers will have to absorb sooner or later.

Actually it is not even that... The Obama Economy has brought unemployment down to close to full employment.
View attachment 173247

Disney like any other organisation is now competing for employees, this is typical grand standing for attracting the better candidates. Walmart did the same thing, this is supply and demand for workers.

Yes, you lefties do hate it when average Americans are making higher wages.

Oh yeah, Trump economy has the lowest unemployment numbers and companies are raising wages to draw people in.

Link to widespread wage increases?
We just named off over a dozen mega corporations increasing wages and offering bonuses.

You Leftards hate to see people making higher wages.

Okay, well at least you admit they were doing it for headlines and PR. Additionally, their employees know that the company they work for got a whopping tax break. The big corporations who don't offer something ultimately are shamed into doing it.

It's a token gesture to appease the masses prior to the employees getting PO'd and hitting back via social media and bad word of mouth.

Look at the graph above... Trump just hasn't managed to screw it up... But it is a Obama win...

Nice try.

I am sure that this tax reduction is going to be great for the middle class, like me. I feel sure that all of us Social Security recipients will get a $1,000 bonus any day now!

View attachment 173247

Yes, you lefties do hate it when average Americans are making higher wages.

Where did I say I hated it, this is the result of Obama doing a really good job...

You just want the orange one to take credit for the black man... But with so little success you have to rob someone elses...

Link to widespread wage increases?
We just named off over a dozen mega corporations increasing wages and offering bonuses.

You Leftards hate to see people making higher wages.

Why are you trying to steal Obama's success... Does Trump have so much failure that ye need to rob success from anyone?

View attachment 173247

(un)employment rates dont tell the full story, because when you stop looking for a job, youre not counted as part of the labor force. Its best too look at labor participation rate.
Not_in_labor_force%2C_participation_rate.jpeg

Calling it the "Obama Economy" is a bit out there, considering the obstruction we had with a republican controlled congress thru most of his term.

Look at the graph above... Trump just hasn't managed to screw it up... But it is a Obama win...

Nice try.
Sorry. Nobel Prize economist Paul Krugman says Trump owns the economy.

Paul Krugman: The Economic Fallout

Nice job Disney. And you too President Trump. :clap:

The Walt Disney Company announced Tuesday it will give a one time, $1,000 cash bonus to 125,000 U.S.-based employees, for a whopping total of $125 million. And according to an internal memo obtained by TheWrap, Disney CEO Bob Iger said the bonuses come “as a result of the recently enacted tax reform” passed by Republicans in December.

The one-time $1,000 cash bonus will be distributed in two payments of $500, the first in March and the second in September. All U.S.-based Disney employees, either hourly or salaried, who have been with The Walt Disney Company since Jan. 1 of this year will be eligible. In accordance with federal law, the company said it will work separately with union representatives to determine possible distribution plans for union employees...

Disney to Hand Out $125 Million in Employee Bonuses Due to Trump Tax Cuts
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Disney will now pay about $1500 million less in taxes, effectively increasing our debt by about 17000 million over ten years assuming some growth in the company.

But you are celebrating Disney throwing $125 million crumbs at their workforce, which is less than 10% of their FIRST YEAR tax-cut?... YOU SHOULD, because that is right about $125 million more than they WOULD HAVE without public pressure on corporations to do SOMETHING with the ridiculous windfall Republicans gave away to them.

90% or so of increased corporate after-tax profits, financed by our national debt, will go to corporate share holders who are mostly rich and of whom 25% ARE FOREIGNERS.

Good job Trump, you really showed that Wall Street how to sucker the shit out of Main Street - they will eat this shit and ask for seconds.

I notice it is only the trolls that love this post by him.proof the post is BS.LOL

Last edited:
I know that I am going to get beat up for this, but...

While it is a nice thing and it makes for great headlines, does not also not seem just a little bit like a condescending pat on the head? $1000 spread out over 6 months. And not even a pay raise?

Bonuses and pay raises aren't mutually exclusive and no where does it say that Disney employees are getting bonuses instead of pay raises, in addition to cash bonuses Disney also announced that it's also starting a new higher education initiative for 88,000 eligible employees with an initial investment of $50 million and $25 million annually.

... A for effort in your attempt to turn good news for workers into something negative, F for execution.:rolleyes:

Nowhere does it say they are getting raises. They are getting bonuses that are taxed at 40%. So the $1000 is really $600.

You are SPINNING! Yes you pay 40% until tax time, then you pay whatever your rate is meaning--------->if your tax rate is LESS THAN 40%.........which everybody's is, then you get a larger refund!

But they did not get a pump in pay, they got a bonus, a bonus that is taxed at 40%.

Oh, the horror! They got a bonus. Man, y'all Dem Hater-Bots have lost it. I'll take a bonus.

So now I am back to being a Dem, a few threads ago the Dems were calling me a Trump worshiper.

you zealots are the same no matter which party your are loyal to.

So you would decline your bonus? Ok. :cuckoo:

No, I would not decline it but I would take it for what it was worth, a pat on the head.

Some people are easier to buy off than others I suppose. I guess there are benefits to having such a low price as you seem to

Yeah seriously, you need to lay off hateful delusional Democrat Fake News. It's got you all twisted up. A bonus is a good thing to real people in the real world.
:udaman::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

So you would decline your bonus? Ok. :cuckoo:

No, I would not decline it but I would take it for what it was worth, a pat on the head.

Some people are easier to buy off than others I suppose. I guess there are benefits to having such a low price as you seem to

Yeah seriously, you need to lay off hateful delusional Democrat Fake News. It's got you all twisted up. A bonus is a good thing to real people in the real world.

Let me put it to you this way.

Right before Christmas I got a $400 bonus (it had nothing to with the tax change).

On Jan 10th of 2018 my promotion was official and I got a raise of just a tad over 12 grand a year.

Which one do you think I was more thrilled about?

Yes, raises and bonuses are good things to real people in the real world. That's what i've been saying. Thanks.

Is debt (this is financed on the back of) also "good things to the real people in the real world"?

There seems to be a lot of compartmentalization going on here.

So how about I agree with you! Amazing, yes!

But, lets do it this way----------------> if total receipts by the federal government for income is LESS THAN it was in 2017, then you got a case. DEAL?

Forum List

Back