Book of mormons another gospel.

For some it's a matter of pride. It's easy to fall into the pride.

But for others it's a matter of truth. If a religion teaches more truth than another, is it not better than the other? Because the truth gives us power to function properly and succeed in life and the hereafter.

And every faith believes they possess the lions share of truth...if you don't believe me, just ask them. : D

Actually ANY religion that believes in the New Testament must spread the word, it is commanded by their God.

I agree.

Well, of course they do. If they didnt believe what they believed was the lions share of the truth, then they wouldnt believe as they do. No one consciously wants to beleive lies.

Exactly right.

But that doesn't mean some faiths dont have more truth than others. Nor that there isnt one that God says is His.

Ok, I'll bite...which one is it.

I'll go out on a limb here and place my bet on yours...what ever it is.

Exactly right.

But that doesn't mean some faiths dont have more truth than others. Nor that there isnt one that God says is His.

Ok, I'll bite...which one is it.

I'll go out on a limb here and place my bet on yours...what ever it is.

lol. Of course, I would say that. If I didnt think that, as mentioned earlier, I wouldnt believe it.

But I think God will grant mercy to more of us than some of us realize. He is going to correct our errors with love and lead many people to Redemption regardless of the specific Church they go to.

Yes, the Book of Mormon is "another gospel" like Paul mentioned in Galatians. Paul said "even if an angel brings it"......

Well, guess what? An angel is supposed to have given it to Joe Smith. I can't accept it simply because my bible tells me not to and that's good enough for me.

Although I agree with your conclusion, your reasoning is off. Your Bible tells you to do many things you would not do at all.

would we be so eager to accept the bible if not for the dead sea scrolls,and ancient manuscripts and archeology findings? All the bible is believable and make sense.

You gotta be kidding!!

Yeah.

What, the in the (christian) bible makes any sense at all?

The incest and murder or children?

Suspend all logic and intelligence and then, MAYBE ...

Nope. Doesn't work. The Christian bible is still a mish mash of nonsense and incredible violence against anyone who cannot fight back.

Yes, the Book of Mormon is "another gospel" like Paul mentioned in Galatians. Paul said "even if an angel brings it"......

Well, guess what? An angel is supposed to have given it to Joe Smith. I can't accept it simply because my bible tells me not to and that's good enough for me.

yeah, welcome to the planet of kolob.

Jeez, if people really took the time to research mormonism, they'd run for cover.

THEY ARE FREAKS.

Sure, I defend their right to be freaks. I defend the right of hari krishnas to do their thing too but that doesn't mean I would vote for one.

OTOH, hari krishnas don't claim to have their own planet that women can't get in to (on to?) without a man. Nor do they plan to take over the United States.

Our president is a southern baptist. That's bad enough.

Although I agree with your conclusion, your reasoning is off. Your Bible tells you to do many things you would not do at all.

My conclusion is biblical and so is my reasoning. You're gonna have to be specific.

Your Bible tells you to do many things that you won't do today. At least I hope not, and, no, since you say you are literate about the Bible, you know what I mean. We don't need to cast pearls before swine.

For a moment aside, one who believes in deity has hope; the atheist is a broken soul and depraved mind. That is sad.

And yet John the Revelator Prophecied that in the last days God would send an angel carrying the Gospel to the world.

So what Gospel do you believe? The one Joseph Smith taught was as follows:

“The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it.” - Joseph Smith Jr.

So if that's the one Joseph recieved, which one do you believe?

would we be so eager to accept the bible if not for the dead sea scrolls,and ancient manuscripts and archeology findings? All the bible is believable and make sense.

You gotta be kidding!!

Yeah.

What, the in the (christian) bible makes any sense at all?

The incest and murder or children?

Suspend all logic and intelligence and then, MAYBE ...

Nope. Doesn't work. The Christian bible is still a mish mash of nonsense and incredible violence against anyone who cannot fight back.

The entire book makes sense. Read it sometimes.

Avatar4321, the broken soul and depraved mind of the apostate rests solely on the mercy and intervention of deity. Nothing else will work.

yeah, welcome to the planet of kolob.

Jeez, if people really took the time to research mormonism, they'd run for cover.

THEY ARE FREAKS.

Sure, I defend their right to be freaks. I defend the right of hari krishnas to do their thing too but that doesn't mean I would vote for one.

OTOH, hari krishnas don't claim to have their own planet that women can't get in to (on to?) without a man. Nor do they plan to take over the United States.

Our president is a southern baptist. That's bad enough.

What the heck are you smoking? Where on earth do you think that in anyway reflects what Mormons believe?

The Bible speaks of other works of God. The Book of Mormon does not contradict the Bible at all. The Bible says Jesus had other works to do, it does not say none of that work was not here on Earth.

Meanwhile the Bible does say no one that has not first descended has ever ascended to heaven, yet most Christian religions teach that when you die you go to Heaven.

The Bible clearly states that when you die you are "asleep" as in dead. It further states that on judgement day those that have died will be called forth FROM the Grave to be judged.

Further in the Bible Hell is nothing more then being dead. Yet most Cristian religions teach that Hell is a fiery place ruled by Satan. Further the Bible states that Satan actually rules the EARTH until the final battle.

As the CONSTITUTION directly states "NO RELIGIOUS TEST", I'll accept the Founders MEANT that.

The founders didn't know about Jim Jones, David Koresh or the Mormans.

The Bible speaks of other works of God. The Book of Mormon does not contradict the Bible at all. The Bible says Jesus had other works to do, it does not say none of that work was not here on Earth.

Meanwhile the Bible does say no one that has not first descended has ever ascended to heaven, yet most Christian religions teach that when you die you go to Heaven.

The Bible clearly states that when you die you are "asleep" as in dead. It further states that on judgement day those that have died will be called forth FROM the Grave to be judged.

Further in the Bible Hell is nothing more then being dead. Yet most Cristian religions teach that Hell is a fiery place ruled by Satan. Further the Bible states that Satan actually rules the EARTH until the final battle.

As the CONSTITUTION directly states "NO RELIGIOUS TEST", I'll accept the Founders MEANT that.

The founders didn't know about Jim Jones, David Koresh or the Mormans.

Jim Jone's religion was communism. And no they didnt know about that.

Nor did they forsee David Koresh and the small miniscule impact he had on American society.

Regardless, they wrote the Constitution to protect people from corrupt individuals like yourself.

Forum List

Back