Book of mormons another gospel.

would we be so eager to accept the bible if not for the dead sea scrolls,and ancient manuscripts and archeology findings? All the bible is believable and make sense.

Considering we were accepting it for thousands of years before we found those things... yes

This raises questions about the KING JAMES version of the Bible. How are we to know the translators, scriveners and helpers were not influenced by the King? Where are their affidavits? :lol:

Well, in fact they were. For example in the ten commandments the King James I believe says "Thous Shalt not kill.' When in fact a closer translation would read more like ' Dude, don't go out and murder anyone."

Considering we were accepting it for thousands of years before we found those things... yes

This raises questions about the KING JAMES version of the Bible. How are we to know the translators, scriveners and helpers were not influenced by the King? Where are their affidavits? :lol:

Well, in fact they were. For example in the ten commandments the King James I believe says "Thous Shalt not kill.' When in fact a closer translation would read more like ' Dude, don't go out and murder anyone."

It seems probable, yes.

would we be so eager to accept the bible if not for the dead sea scrolls,and ancient manuscripts and archeology findings? All the bible is believable and make sense.

People believed and followed the Bible for centuries before the dead sea scrolls. I don't really get your point.

The bible was written by the the prophets of God Jesus and his Disciples, the book of mormon was written by a fanatic who used it to get money and gain social and political power, now which one would you Athiests choose if you were to make a choice?

i don't care about another mans religion.......

agreed!

You too, get the hell out of here and let someone in that do care. It is a christian obligation to expose false religion.

•Paul named and rebuked Peter publicly. - See Galatians 2:11-14
•Paul named Demas for loving the world. - See 2 Timothy 4:10
•Paul named Hymenaeus and Alexander. - See 1 Timothy 1:18-20
•Paul named Hymenaeus and Philetus. - See 2 Timothy 2:15-18
•Paul named Alexander the coppersmith. - See 2 Timothy 4:14-15
•John named Diotrephes. - See 3 john 9-10
•Moses called the name of Balaam. - See Num. 22-25 (Peter also exposed "the way of Balaam ... who loved the wages of unrighteousness " in 2 Peter 2:15)

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;" 1Ti 4:1

To people of other faiths, Chritianity is a false religion. To people of no faith, they are all false.

Who is right?

The bible was written by the the prophets of God Jesus and his Disciples, the book of mormon was written by a fanatic who used it to get money and gain social and political power, now which one would you Athiests choose if you were to make a choice?

Simply not true. But you go ahead and be stupid.

I've never understood the "my religion is best" game.

I have mine and you have yours and your faith brings me joy...because it brings you joy.

As long as you aren't trying to kill me, forcibly convert me or stifle my freedom to worship....we will live in harmony.

Last edited:

You've proposed a false dichotemy. It's not the Bible or the Book of Mormon. It's the Bible alone on one hand and the Bible & Book of Mormon on the other.

I would presume that if someone was going to make a choice, they would actually read the materials first. At least if they were being honest in that choice.

Oh and if the Book of Mormon was supposed to get people money, then it failed miserably. Especially since it got them dead instead.

I started to read the Book of Mormon........ A very slow read..............

I felt the same way my first time. When the Spirit started touching me when reading it was when i really got into it. It came alive then.

To people of other faiths, Chritianity is a false religion. To people of no faith, they are all false.

Who is right?

The one God says is right.

That's one of the amazing things about Mormonism. it always directs a person to inquire for themselves before the Lord. When I was studying it out, I was always impressed that people would be like "here is some evidence, but dont rely on that, go to the Lord and find out from Him."

What really amazes me is how many beliefs tell people it's a sin to ask God whether something is true and encourage people not to pray about it. I've never understood that. After all how do you learn the things of God if it's not done by the Spirit of God?

One of the reasons this spoke true to me:

10 And now come, saith the Lord, by the Spirit, unto the elders of his church, and let us reason together, that ye may understand;

11 Let us reason even as a man reasoneth one with another face to face.

12 Now, when a man reasoneth he is understood of man, because he reasoneth as a man; even so will I, the Lord, reason with you that you may understand.

13 Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question—unto what were ye ordained?

14 To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth.

15 And then received ye spirits which ye could not understand, and received them to be of God; and in this are ye justified?

16 Behold ye shall answer this question yourselves; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto you; he that is weak among you hereafter shall be made strong.

17 Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?

18 And if it be by some other way it is not of God.

19 And again, he that receiveth the word of truth, doth he receive it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?

20 If it be some other way it is not of God.

21 Therefore, why is it that ye cannot understand and know, that he that receiveth the word by the Spirit of truth receiveth it as it is preached by the Spirit of truth?

22 Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

23 And that which doth not edify is not of God, and is darkness.

24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day. (D&C 50: 10-24)

I have mine and you have yours and your faith brings me joy...because it brings you joy.

As long as you aren't trying to kill me, forcibly convert me or stifle my freedom to worship....we will live in harmony.

For some it's a matter of pride. It's easy to fall into the pride.

But for others it's a matter of truth. If a religion teaches more truth than another, is it not better than the other? Because the truth gives us power to function properly and succeed in life and the hereafter.

But for others it's a matter of truth. If a religion teaches more truth than another, is it not better than the other? Because the truth gives us power to function properly and succeed in life and the hereafter.

And every faith believes they possess the lions share of truth...if you don't believe me, just ask them. :D

And every faith believes they possess the lions share of truth...if you don't believe me, just ask them. : D

Actually ANY religion that believes in the New Testament must spread the word, it is commanded by their God.

BOOK OF MORMONS ANOTHER GOSPEL.

The book of Mormon is a lie. If book of Mormon is true, then the bible is a lie because it contradicts GOD’s word.

What happen to Christ after the resurrection? The bible did not say he went to America? 3 Nephi 11;3-10. He when back to heaven where he had a job to do.
Where are the pages of the Book of Mormon that Joseph Smith found under a rock and translated that were written on golden plates? Did they really exist?

In the words of LDS historian Richard Bushman, "For most modern readers, the [golden] plates are beyond belief, a phantasm, yet the Mormon sources accept them as fact." Because Joseph Smith said he returned the plates to an angel after he finished translating them, their authenticity cannot be determined by physical examination. Most Mormons believe in the golden plates as a matter of faith.
Golden plates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If someone come to you with another gospel? 1 Cor 11;4
What happen to Christ after he was resurrected? 3 Nephi 11;3-10 or John 14;6.
One GOD, one faith, one baptism. Eph 4;5
You shall not add or take away from GOD’s word. Deut 4;2, Eccl 3;14, Rev 22;18.

Richard Bushman believes nonetheless in the Book of Mormon.

My fellow Christians, tend to your own fields, my friends, and abide.

And every faith believes they possess the lions share of truth...if you don't believe me, just ask them. :D

Well, of course they do. If they didnt believe what they believed was the lions share of the truth, then they wouldnt believe as they do. No one consciously wants to believe lies.

Last edited:

Well, of course they do. If they didnt believe what they believed was the lions share of the truth, then they wouldnt believe as they do. No one consciously wants to beleive lies.

Exactly right.

Well, of course they do. If they didnt believe what they believed was the lions share of the truth, then they wouldnt believe as they do. No one consciously wants to beleive lies.

Exactly right.

But that doesn't mean some faiths dont have more truth than others. Nor that there isnt one that God says is His.

Forum List

Back