Bombshell to Rock White House: Obama Adm. Offered Bribe to Candidate in Specter Race

This is pretty fucked up:

(Sestak)
"I'm not going to say who or how and what was offered," Sestak told The Inquirer on Thursday. "I don't feel it's appropriate."
Sestak holds to story of job offer | Philadelphia Inquirer | 02/20/2010

Can anyone show where the obama admin made the offer? Sestak's credibility is in high question. If he doesn't feel it is "appropriate" to report an actual crime then (a) why did he make the claim? and (b) if this is true it means he does not value upholding the law, which if I'm not mistaken, is usually a vital part of being an elected official.

Who do you think can offer SecNav as a position, do you think Burger King offered it?

Do you have evidence that contradicts:

(Sestak)
"I'm not going to say who or how and what was offered," Sestak told The Inquirer on Thursday. "I don't feel it's appropriate."

(Sestak)

Can anyone show where the obama admin made the offer? Sestak's credibility is in high question. If he doesn't feel it is "appropriate" to report an actual crime then (a) why did he make the claim? and (b) if this is true it means he does not value upholding the law, which if I'm not mistaken, is usually a vital part of being an elected official.

Who do you think can offer SecNav as a position, do you think Burger King offered it?

(Sestak)

Don't you love those kinds of people who hint around to something inappropriate but when called on it, start getting REEEEEALY vague?

burger-king.jpg

How would you like to be SecNav?

so we've got a guy who says he won't comment on theparticulars of this office that he was allegedly offered, and a WH official denying it on condition of anonymity.

i'm going with the guy who answered a question and put his name to the answer.

ymmv

(Sestak)

(Sestak)
Maybe he has been advised by his lawyers to be quite for now.

(Sestak)

Then call us when you've got more than conjecture. See this is the kind of partisan crap that makes some people not worth reading on this forum. As a Centrist, I don't care if you're Right or Left...just dont be a wingnut.

burger-king.jpg

How would you like to be SecNav?

So basically you don't have any evidence but you want to whine. Typical fucking bullshit.
I don't know what the issue is in this thread, but when it comes to Progressives trying to act all innocent in a misdeed, a little blue dress always seems to show up sooner or later to prove differently.

Last edited:
so we've got a guy who says he won't comment on theparticulars of this office that he was allegedly offered, and a WH official denying it on condition of anonymity.

ymmv

He's not saying a lot more than that.

(Sestak)

This could be true or false and right now there is insufficient evidence to prove his claim. It almost looks like a campaign strategy because he claims he was offered this back in July. Why wait so long to report a crime? If this did happen doesn't he have an obligation to make formal charges? He's not much of a threat to specter so why would he be offered a bribe? Unless new evidence surfaces I'm guessing right now he's trying to dirty specter through obama since he can't outright beat specter in the face of DNC's support for specter.

I'm willing to bet he just feels bitter about the Democratic support of Specter. The fact a Democrat is coming out and saying this is no surprise. Political ideology doesn't matter when it comes to feeling like you got a knife in your back.

(Sestak)

Who are his lawyers? As a Congressman hasn't he already violated his oath? Is this about you guys giving too much credit to sestak because partisanship has clouded your views? I fucking can't stand obushama but I'm not going to jump on a bandwagon of scollywagging rumors.

Last edited:

Poor excuse on your part and you know it. If he had any decent lawyer then he would of kept his trap shut in the first place.

I don't care how many accusations this guy makes, until he has some sort of evidence to prove it, I see of him as just another bitter politician who feels like he didn't get his turn.

ymmv
If it were true or is true the guy/gal would have no protection from future blacklisting the way politics is currently operated. Most people are not willing to stand on truth when it comes right down to it, they prefer the security of being played by the system.

Figures:

The American Spectator : About Us

Internships

The American Spectator takes pride in its history of providing meaningful experience to young conservatives. Duties don't involve sorting mail or making copies, but rather giving you the tools and clips necessary to succeed as a journalist. While there are no requirements, it is highly recommended that applicants have experience writing for a college newspaper and a GPA above 3.0. Please send a resume, writing samples, and references to [email protected], with the subject line "INTERNSHIP."

Alfred S. Regnery

Publisher

Alfred S. Regnery is the publisher of The American Spectator. He is the former president and publisher of Regnery Publishing, Inc., which produced twenty-two New York Times bestsellers during his tenure. Regnery also served in the Justice Department during the Reagan Administration, worked on the U.S. Senate staff, and has been in private law practice. He currently serves on several corporate and non-profit boards, and is the Chairman of the Intercollegiate Studies Institute.

His first book, Upstream: The Ascendance of American Conservatism, was published in 2008. The book has been praised as one of the best authoritative accounts on the history of the American conservative movement.

The American Spectator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The American Spectator is a conservative U.S. monthly magazine covering news and politics, edited by R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. and published by the non-profit American Spectator Foundation. From its founding in 1967 until the late 1980s, the small-circulation magazine featured the writings of authors such as Thomas Sowell, Tom Wolfe, P.J. O'Rourke, George F. Will, Malcolm Gladwell, Patrick J. Buchanan, and Malcolm Muggeridge, although today the magazine is best known for its attacks in the 1990s on Bill Clinton and its "Arkansas Project" to discredit the president, funded by businessman Richard Mellon Scaife and the Bradley Foundation.[1]

History has a way of repeating itself. Follow the money, who's doing it this time.

What a ridiculous premise.

Easy defense here? The Obama administration was merely saying they'd like to hire the individuals involved, but could not if they were busy with a position as a Senator.

Duh.

Not to mention that giving appointments in return for political considerations has been common practice in every administration since Washington.

Do you also plan to bring Bush, Bush, Carter and Clinton to trial for this? Perhaps indict Reagan posthumously?

Hell, while we're at it, let's indict all of Congress for similar behavior with their staffs and interns.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back