Bombshell to Rock White House: Obama Adm. Offered Bribe to Candidate in Specter Race

So now your "Faux News" is the news that lends a story credibility.

You make me laugh sometimes...I just hope it is intentional on your part.

You can not be that stupid.

Faux News couldn't be credible if their life depended on it. They are an entertainment channel and nothing more. The fact that you actually consider this news worthy shows just how stupid you are. Of course, after your hissy fit about "the Family Guy" last week, we already knew that about you.

Hey....YOU are the one who implied that the story has no credibility since it is not being reported on Fox News...not me.

So, nice try at discrediting me in an attmpet to cover up the fact that You admit that YOU see Fox news as a sign of credibility.

ANd for Family Guy...that was quite disingenuous of you. All along I admitted I do not watch it nor did I see the clip in question...and when I did, I went right into the thread and admitted that after seeing the clip, I saw absolutely nothing wrong with it and retreated from my argument.

Of course, you neglect to mention that as you try to discrefit me.

I know..it is hard for someone like you to recognize when someone admits they were wrong. It is not part of your way of life.

Don't worry, OldFart....after your initial welcome to these boards, your latest rants and temper tatrums have done all of your discrediting for you. Too bad.

Yes. If and when that happens.

seems to me it already did. he just wouldn't confirm which office he was offered.

"During the taping of my Comcast Network Voice of Reason show, which airs Sunday night at 9:30, I asked Congressman Joe Sestak: “Is it true that you were offered a high ranking job in the administration in a bid to get you to drop out of the primary against Arlen Specter?”

Sestak looked a little surprised by the question. He said, “Yes.”

I asked him if the job was Navy Secretary. He said, “I can’t comment on that.” In the next few seconds, he admitted that it was a “high up’ job, that it came from the White House, and that he didn’t accept the offering. He proceeded to say that nothing will stop him from completing the race against Specter for the Democratic nomination."

Sestak Surprises Me With A Bombshell Answer at The Larry Kane Report

initially, the WH had no comment and then came out with this.

"The White House official would not elaborate on the statement, given under condition of anonymity, that Sestak's account was false."

Sestak holds to story of job offer | Philadelphia Inquirer | 02/20/2010

seems pretty clear cut to me who is willing to be accountable and who isn't.
OK, sounds clear to me too. Now the question is....is offering a member of your party a job in government (a job that is usually offered to members of your own party) a crime?

no, just sleazy politics to appease specter.

some might even call it politics as usual, but i know it can't be, because mr obama ran on a platform of change and transparency.

so i guess it's just unusually sleazy politics, but at least it is transparent, at least to me.

:eusa_angel:

Yes. If and when that happens.

seems to me it already did. he just wouldn't confirm which office he was offered.

"During the taping of my Comcast Network Voice of Reason show, which airs Sunday night at 9:30, I asked Congressman Joe Sestak: “Is it true that you were offered a high ranking job in the administration in a bid to get you to drop out of the primary against Arlen Specter?”

I asked him if the job was Navy Secretary. He said, “I can’t comment on that.” In the next few seconds, he admitted that it was a “high up’ job, that it came from the White House, and that he didn’t accept the offering. He proceeded to say that nothing will stop him from completing the race against Specter for the Democratic nomination."

"The White House official would not elaborate on the statement, given under condition of anonymity, that Sestak's account was false."

OK, sounds clear to me too. Now the question is....is offering a member of your party a job in government (a job that is usually offered to members of your own party) a crime?

The difference is offering a position to fellow party member as a favor for dropping out of a primary is not the same as offering a position to a fellow party member...

Faux News couldn't be credible if their life depended on it. They are an entertainment channel and nothing more. The fact that you actually consider this news worthy shows just how stupid you are. Of course, after your hissy fit about "the Family Guy" last week, we already knew that about you.

Hey....YOU are the one who implied that the story has no credibility since it is not being reported on Fox News...not me.

So, nice try at discrediting me in an attmpet to cover up the fact that You admit that YOU see Fox news as a sign of credibility.

ANd for Family Guy...that was quite disingenuous of you. All along I admitted I do not watch it nor did I see the clip in question...and when I did, I went right into the thread and admitted that after seeing the clip, I saw absolutely nothing wrong with it and retreated from my argument.

I know..it is hard for someone like you to recognize when someone admits they were wrong. It is not part of your way of life.

Don't worry, OldFart....after your initial welcome to these boards, your latest rants and temper tatrums have done all of your discrediting for you. Too bad.

Excellent comeback.

The difference is offering a position to fellow party member as a favor for dropping out of a primary is not the same as offering a position to a fellow party member...

Like offering a senate seat in return for cash is not the same as offering a senate seat to a memeber of your party.

Excellent comeback.

VaPudYank5150 is a bitter leftist who bought the whole Hope/Change bullshit... He'll defend his 0ssiah with his last breath...

Like offering a senate seat in return for cash is not the same as offering a senate seat to a memeber of your party.

Precisely....

Geez some people are so partisan that they are either liars or in utter denial, of corruption and crime when it is being committed right before their very eyes.

It is a shame that you have to explain this to bodecea

how do you think people get backing?

they either indicate they want to run and get support on their own, or they're asked to run.

and should they give it to a memeber [sic] of the other party?

I believe you misunderstand the topic.

What you say is correct, valid, and ethical.

But to attach a stipulation to a WH appointment is not in the best interest of the people

IF that is what was done here is the topoic of conversation.

they either indicate they want to run and get support on their own, or they're asked to run.

i think he was referring to blagoyovich's scam in IL, which really seems to me not to be the same thing at all.

i've been wrong before, though.

frequently :D

i think he was referring to blagoyovich's scam in IL, which really seems to me not to be the same thing at all.

At least you are willing to admit it...

Not at ALL the same thing.
I used that analogy to show how doing something unethical if it includes a move WITHIN your own party does not make it simply "ok to do".

Geez some people are so partisan that they are either liars or in utter denial, of corruption and crime when it is being committed right before their very eyes.

It is a shame that you have to explain this to bodecea

I'm not saying a crime was committed yet, but if this is true then it's not going to go well for the person who offered the position...

i've been married a long time.....

Lots of "accusations", don't see any proof. And givce me a break, Palin had many ethics accusations. THis one is damning, but you Palin blinders claimed it was all false claims. But this "accusation" comes out and you think its damning. You guys are so full of shit.

Yep....25 years of saying I am sorry takes it's toll/
VaY does not want to recognize it....but I have admitted wrong and actually THANKED the opposition for opening my eyes more than once on this board.

What I stand on with conviction, I stand on with coinviction...and VaY sees that as being a partisan hack...even when I admit I erred with my thinking on other topics.

I wonder why that is. Does VaY want EVRYONE to think the same way about everything?

Oh yeah..the liberal way.....If you do not agree with me then you are a person of "no"

Yep....25 years of saying I am sorry takes it's toll/
VaY does not want to recognize it....but I have admitted wrong and actually THANKED the opposition for opening my eyes more than once on this board.

What I stand on with conviction, I stand on with coinviction...and VaY sees that as being a partisan hack...even when I admit I erred with my thinking on other topics.

I wonder why that is. Does VaY want EVRYONE to think the same way about everything?

Oh yeah..the liberal way.....If you do not agree with me then you are a person of "no"

i agree with VA on almost nothing, but he seems to give back what he receives.

just my deuce.

Can we all agree that unless Faux News thinks this is a story, that it probably is just BS? Faux News is anti-Obama and if this was real news, it would have been a headline for them by now.

So now your "Faux News" is the news that lends a story credibility.

You make me laugh sometimes...I just hope it is intentional on your part.

You can not be that stupid.

Wow, you really showed us how to win a debate there. :cuckoo:

Lots of "accusations", don't see any proof. And givce me a break, Palin had many ethics accusations. THis one is damning, but you Palin blinders claimed it was all false claims. But this "accusation" comes out and you think its damning. You guys are so full of shit.

Hmmmm...comparing the actions of a former politician turned TV commentator who has no role in law making with the actions of the President....who is DIRECTLY involved with our law making.

Are you aware that Palin has no affect on your life at all?

Or does she?

Forum List

Back