Boehner Holds Speaker

So

After two years, it seems the best way to define John Boehner is an empty chair

Too bad Pelosi didn't win

Maybe the House could actually accomplish something

You betcha!

San Fran Nan did a BANG UP JOB when she was House Speaker from 2007-2011.

The economy tanked, millions of people lost their jobs, billions of dollars were spent on bailouts, and the U.S. debt increased by several trillion dollars. Great job!

Too bad Pelosi didn't win

Maybe the House could actually accomplish something

You betcha!

San Fran Nan did a BANG UP JOB when she was House Speaker from 2007-2011.

The economy tanked, millions of people lost their jobs, billions of dollars were spent on bailouts, and the U.S. debt increased by several trillion dollars. Great job!

Unfortunately, you can't name a piece of legislation she passed that would cause the economy to tank

However, she did pass Obamacare, Stimulus, TARP, repeal DADT, Credit card reform, finance reform...

You know.......actual legislation

Well....Boehner knows nothing about passing a bill does he?

You act like you have a personal stake in defending Pelosi and sound really childish.. WOw.. how embarassing to be you. WHO CARES ABOUT EITHER OF THEM??

I'm just stating that by any comparison, Pelosi was much more successful than Boehner

Care to compare?

By sucessful if you mean did more damage to the country then I agree.

You act like you have a personal stake in defending Pelosi and sound really childish.. WOw.. how embarassing to be you. WHO CARES ABOUT EITHER OF THEM??

I'm just stating that by any comparison, Pelosi was much more successful than Boehner

Care to compare?

Sorry....but shouting fail at every turn does not work

Pelosi has an impressive legislative resume......Boehner, however is a FAIL

Care to compare?

Really??

EXACTLY what legislation would that be?

You DO realize that the entire congress votes on legislation, right?

So, EXACTLY what did she do that caused damage to the country?

Truth is, you don't know what she did. All you know is that she's a Democrat.

Silly partisan diot.

Anyone watch him today?

How DARE he bring out his Vick's tears when he's busy kissing teepotter butts in back rooms.

Nothing has changed. He is still the yes man for the radicals who want to bring the country down.

In what way was Pelosi even an option?

You'd think they'd push a repug, not a Dem.

Gonna go out on a limb and suggest that perhaps the Pelosi votes cam from Democrats.

btw - I stand corrected. I believe 7 other Republicans received votes (tha I've been ade aware of) and not 6. But since ]bone was cast for Colin Powell (not eligible since he isn't a member), I hope I'll be excused for this oversight.

It's nice to see that someone realizes how much of a joke this all is.

Is anyone actually surprised about this? Lockstep Reublicrat morons voted back in Speaker Crybaby.

Republicrat is now my new favorite word. :D

Boehner says he'd done negotiating with obama. Let's see if he means it.

Boehner tells GOP he

that's really stupid of him to say that up front....like lots of other things he's said and done up front....the guy just doesn't know how to negotiate....

at least with his F-U to Harry Reid let's hope that indicates he finally has an inkling of understanding how they operate....

Except he later reneged on that. That was a dumb move IMO.

I've gotta believe that to get the fiscal cliff thing passed with no spending cuts means he told the Republican delegation that they'll make a big stand on the debt ceiling and have a real dogfight in a couple of months.

If so, then its not too much of a surprise that he's been re-elected. If not, then the Tea Party really have been emasculated.

Let's hope so. There are far fewer than in the election of 2010 and do not carry the same weight as they did on New Year's Eve and New Years. Now the TPM weakens, falters, and will die away.

How I wish both parties will govern together.

Let's hope so. There are far fewer than in the election of 2010 and do not carry the same weight as they did on New Year's Eve and New Years. Now the TPM weakens, falters, and will die away.

How I wish man would govern himself.

King Benjamins exist because of Korihors.

That nature of man is exactly why communism and libertarianism are destined always to fail in the end.

That nature of man is exactly why communism and libertarianism are destined always to fail in the end.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about, do you?

Well we're not off to a good start unfortunately. The first resolution, H RES 5, was passed straight down party lines. Only a single member crossed over.
(Couldn't possibly write something that members could agree on could they? It must be great to rule the House.)

On Agreeing to the Resolution: H RES 5
_______Totals________Republican___Democrat
Yea____228_53%_____228_________0
Nay____196_46%_____1___________195
Not Voting_5_1%______3___________2

Required: Simple Majority
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/113-2013/h6

(Anyone know how I can post tables.)

Last edited:
Well we're not off to a good start unfortunately. The first resolution, H RES 5, was passed straight down party lines. Only a single member crossed over.
(Couldn't possibly write something that members could agree on could they? It must be great to rule the House.)

On Agreeing to the Resolution: H RES 5
_______Totals________Republican___Democrat
Yea____228_53%_____228_________0
Nay____196_46%_____1___________195
Not Voting_5_1%______3___________2

Required: Simple Majority
On Agreeing to the Resolution: H RES 5 -- GovTrack.us

(Anyone know how I can post tables.)

The only one who broke from party was this guy:
Walter Jones Jr., Representative from North Carolina's 3rd District - GovTrack.us

I know exactly of what I write, and I believe on the board that several have the stuff of a Korihor hiding inside them.

The Rule of Law prevents the Rule of Man.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about, do you?

Last edited:
This might explain some of the decisiveness. Ironic how the republican party claims to want smaller government maybe even try to adhere to the Constitution, except when it comes to moral oversight that is.

House Rules Package, Written By GOP, Adopted For 113th Congress
Members from each party debated many of the issues that divide them. Democrats tried unsuccessfully to include provisions against corporate political donations from secret contributors, ensuring that voters don't wait in long lines and opposing intervention in same-sex marriage court cases.

The rules would allow the House to continue to intervene on behalf of the Defense of Marriage Act, which forbids same-sex marriage. The Supreme Court has agreed to take a potentially historic look at the law, planning to hear two cases that challenge the government's different treatment of gay Americans.

Republicans ignored the plea of openly gay Rep. Jared Polis, D-Colo., who argued that Republicans should remove the provision because they were supporting a "federal takeover of marriage and a lawyer stimulus. It's the wrong foot to start on."

:night:

Forum List

Back