Boehner Holds Speaker

Too bad Pelosi didn't win

Maybe the House could actually accomplish something

What was accomplished from 2009 through 2010 when she was speaker???
Was a budget passed? Did they do ANYTHING but line their pockets and spend like there was no tomorrow? And don't mention OBAMACARE! THAT was shoved down our throats behind closed doors....and we're all going to find out soon what that shit's going to do to us!

Back in the days when a Speaker actually accomplished things?

Obamacare
Stimulus
Repeal of DADT
TARP
Lily Ledbetter Act
Financial Reform
Credit Card Reform
Student Loan Reform
START Treaty

What did Boehner accomplish?

He blocked tax increases on the wealthy for one year, 364 days

How many bills again are sitting in the house to be voted on and Reid won't touch them??? Congress HAS submitted bills, many of them, and the dems won't vote on them! So how in hell is Congress supposed to accomplish anything? So they're doing what we put them in office to do...stop the crazy spending!

And i wouldn't brag on some of the items on your list....the first 3 things you listed should never have been passed. Obamacare was pushed through behind closed doors, the stimulus didn't stimulate crap and was only a payoff to big business and unions, and i for one was against the repeal of DADT. I'm sure i'm not alone on that......

Too bad Pelosi didn't win

Maybe the House could actually accomplish something

Was a budget passed? Did they do ANYTHING but line their pockets and spend like there was no tomorrow? And don't mention OBAMACARE! THAT was shoved down our throats behind closed doors....and we're all going to find out soon what that shit's going to do to us!

So you are saying you don't approve of a momumental piece of legislation.
But you can't deny they passed it - something Democrats have been trying to do since Truman and couldn't do it. But Pelosi did.

Sometimes you just have to give the devil his due. That WAS a HUGE deal. I don't like the way they did it. But there is no denying they did it.

Yes it was a huge deal...but that doesn't mean it's going to be good for us! And i believe we're all going to be sorry it happened. I just hope everyone that thinks it'll be so great will admit they were wrong when it happens......

Obamacare
Stimulus
Repeal of DADT
TARP
Lily Ledbetter Act
Financial Reform
Credit Card Reform
Student Loan Reform
START Treaty

How many bills again are sitting in the house to be voted on and Reid won't touch them??? Congress HAS submitted bills, many of them, and the dems won't vote on them! So how in hell is Congress supposed to accomplish anything? So they're doing what we put them in office to do...stop the crazy spending!

And i wouldn't brag on some of the items on your list....the first 3 things you listed should never have been passed. Obamacare was pushed through behind closed doors, the stimulus didn't stimulate crap and was only a payoff to big business and unions, and i for one was against the repeal of DADT. I'm sure i'm not alone on that......

How many of these bills are concerning topics such as support of the Defense of Marriage Act? Can you name any of these all important bills or was this just another item in the RDB (Rightie Daily Brief)?

Well....Boehner knows nothing about passing a bill does he?

You act like you have a personal stake in defending Pelosi and sound really childish.. WOw.. how embarassing to be you. WHO CARES ABOUT EITHER OF THEM??

I'm just stating that by any comparison, Pelosi was much more successful than Boehner

Care to compare?

I told you, they both stink as far as I'm concerned. They're both worthless partisans who line their own pockets.

You act like you have a personal stake in defending Pelosi and sound really childish.. WOw.. how embarassing to be you. WHO CARES ABOUT EITHER OF THEM??

I'm just stating that by any comparison, Pelosi was much more successful than Boehner

Care to compare?

I told you, they both stink as far as I'm concerned. They're both worthless partisans who line their own pockets.

You have a personal favorite or are you one of these '"he federal government sucks no matter what it does?"

Obamacare
Stimulus
Repeal of DADT
TARP
Lily Ledbetter Act
Financial Reform
Credit Card Reform
Student Loan Reform
START Treaty

Boehner has been around for over 20 years. He knows what it takes to get a bill into law. The concept has remained the same for over 200 years. You write a bill. You work with other Congressmen to get a consensus. You work with the Senate to include provisions that will enable them to pass it also.

If you don't, the bill gets tabled

Sending up bill after bill filled with rightwing poison pills is not the way to get legislation passed

The Senate and the House must work together.

To blame speaker or majority leader without blaming the other reeks of simple partisanship.

Obamacare
Stimulus
Repeal of DADT
TARP
Lily Ledbetter Act
Financial Reform
Credit Card Reform
Student Loan Reform
START Treaty

Do you know the answer to your own question?
How many bills has the House passed?

And just because you don't like what was passed, doesn't change the fact that Pelosi actually got things passed.

Exactly...Boehner saved the GOP last week by preventing obamination's evil plan of letting the Fiscal Cliff blow up in our face while he blamed the GOP for raising taxes on EVERYONE.

The Democraps wanted taxes to go up on everyone then they would blame the GOP for letting it happen, Boehner saw the trap and stopped it.

Put your butthurt aside, conservatives.

Boehner didn't fight a battle he couldn't win last week.

We are in a much improved position now, as evidenced by Obama running off the Hawaii and announcing he was going to refuse to negotiate from here on out.

The screaming by the ultra left and the ultra right and the libertarians informs thinking Americans we are in a better placed today than earlier in the week.

Now the Dems and the Pubs have to govern together, in part by beginning the cutting process and reduction of the amount of $$$ our federal government is spending.

Exactly...Boehner saved the GOP last week by preventing obamination's evil plan of letting the Fiscal Cliff blow up in our face while he blamed the GOP for raising taxes on EVERYONE.

The Democraps wanted taxes to go up on everyone then they would blame the GOP for letting it happen, Boehner saw the trap and stopped it.

We are in a much improved position now, as evidenced by Obama running off the Hawaii and announcing he was going to refuse to negotiate from here on out.

it was a clever trap.........a very cunning and devious trap in fact.......which imo Boehner did not really stop......but just took the lesser of two evils...

BO took over the Republican stance against taxes......except for raising taxes on a singled-out group.....those horrible rich Americans.....:mad:

The GOPers that agreed to the let the Bush Tax Cuts expire at the end of the year and the Sequestration Cuts deal are also to blame for this crap. They didn't realize obamination is evil and would use these deals against them the past week.

The learning lesson from this is to not make deals with obamination where he promises to make a cut here and there down the road.

it was a clever trap.........a very cunning and devious trap in fact.......which imo Boehner did not really stop......but just took the lesser of two evils...

BO took over the Republican stance against taxes......except for raising taxes on a singled-out group.....those horrible rich Americans.....:mad:

The GOPers that agreed to the let the Bush Tax Cuts expire at the end of the year and the Sequestration Cuts deal are also to blame for this crap. They didn't realize obamination is evil and would use these deals against them the past week.

The learning lesson from this is to not make deals with obamination where he promises to make a cut here and there down the road.

open negotiation will be better......but someone with talent needs to write Boehner a script so he can get the conservative message across clearly whenever he speaks to the media.....

An open and clear negotiation between GOP and Dems is absolutely necessary. The left of center to the right of center must make the deal, without the ultras from either side preventing it.

Obamacare
Stimulus
Repeal of DADT
TARP
Lily Ledbetter Act
Financial Reform
Credit Card Reform
Student Loan Reform
START Treaty

Do you know the answer to your own question?
How many bills has the House passed?

And just because you don't like what was passed, doesn't change the fact that Pelosi actually got things passed.

Here's some interesting reading............

PolitiFact Tennessee | Bob Corker says Senate has not passed a budget in more than three years

To back up the senator’s claim about congressional inaction on a budget and spending bills, Corker’s office pointed us to two documents compiled by Republicans on the Senate Budget Committee.

The first was a timeline indicating that the last time the Democratic-led Senate passed a budget was on April 29, 2009. The other document was a status report on all 12 of the annual spending bills that provide funding for federal departments and agencies. According to that document, not one of the 12 spending bills has been considered by the full Senate this year.

The U.S. House passed seven of the 12 annual appropriations bills this year and sent them to the Senate for consideration, according to the status report by Republicans on the Senate Budget Committee. The Senate Appropriations Committee also approved 11 of the 12 spending bills and sent them to the full Senate for consideration.

But none of the bills approved by the House or the Senate Appropriations Committee were ever brought to the Senate floor for a vote. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., who decides which bills will be considered, told reporters on July 10, 2012, that no spending bills were likely to be approved this year because of an ongoing dispute with House Republicans over how much the federal government should spend.

Well....Boehner knows nothing about passing a bill does he?

Care to compare?

Yep we went from 400 billion dollar deficits to trillion dollar plus deficits under Pelosi, with baseline budgeting that spending is set. Thank you Pelosi, quite an accomplishment, the first speaker in history to accomplish such a feet:clap2:

Care to compare?

Yep we went from 400 billion dollar deficits to trillion dollar plus deficits under Pelosi, with baseline budgeting that spending is set. Thank you Pelosi, quite an accomplishment, the first speaker in history to accomplish such a feet:clap2:

Interesting

Can you spell out what part of that trillion dollars was from Pellosi legislation?

Can we all try to understand one thing - just one simple thing.

EVERY new POTUS and EVERY new Congress has been committed to honoring a lot of the spending that was approved by previous congresses. You can't just suddenly stop funding a war (or two) or social programs or defense contracts or road contracts.

The vast majority of money that EVERY Congress and EVERY administration spends is money that was obligated by previous leaders.

And EVERY Congress and EVERY POTUS has asked for new spending to go on top of that spending that has already been authorized. It is hypocrisy at it's worst to claim "no, you can't spend any money because we already spent it all when we held the purse strings."

My personal preference is 5% spending cut - across the board - no sacred cows. And let's see where we can get from there.

Care to compare?

Interesting

Can you spell out what part of that trillion dollars was from Pellosi legislation?

It's spelled Pelosi and she ran the house and passed the budgets, she's didn't wright anything on her own idiot, the last budget during Bush was so loaded with spending even he didn't sign the last one, he left it for Obama who gladly did:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back