Boehner Holds Speaker

Put your butthurt aside, conservatives.

Boehner didn't fight a battle he couldn't win last week.

We are in a much improved position now, as evidenced by Obama running off the Hawaii and announcing he was going to refuse to negotiate from here on out.

Boehner has publicly announced that he will no longer negotiate in private with The Won.

That is a smart decision. It's impossible to negotiate in good faith with Obama, so best to have the conversation in public.

lol.. is that what you think?

it's because he can't control his caucus so he can't make promises.

His caucus probably told him not to talk anymore behind closed doors. Who could trust him?

Boehner has publicly announced that he will no longer negotiate in private with The Won.

That is a smart decision. It's impossible to negotiate in good faith with Obama, so best to have the conversation in public.

lol.. is that what you think?

it's because he can't control his caucus so he can't make promises.

His caucus probably told him not to talk anymore behind closed doors. Who could trust him?

In all honesty, Obama might just as well talk to one of the members of the Capital Janitorial staff. They have as much authority to negotiate as Boehner does

We are in a much improved position now, as evidenced by Obama running off the Hawaii and announcing he was going to refuse to negotiate from here on out.

What are you talking about?? He is on vacation. I know you nuts think he should work without any vacations, but that's tough. He didn't, "run", anywhere.

What are you talking about?? He is on vacation. I know you nuts think he should work without any vacations, but that's tough. He didn't, "run", anywhere.

I'd actually consider a vacation in order right now. It was the Holiday season and post campaigning. Has to be very tiring to run for office and then immediately have a big political battle like the fiscal cliff. Hopefully we will see him focused on spending cuts with a similar intensity upon his return. The nation needs him to do that.

Boehner sucks and so does Nancy Pelosi!

Pelosi has major accomplishments as speaker

Boehner? None

How much of an accomplishment can it be to open your mouth and say no?

Since any two-year old can do it - I'm guessing it isn't that much of an accomplishment for a grown man.

How about coming up with an alternative? A better way forward? You have the majority in your chamber - bring it to a vote.

I'd actually consider a vacation in order right now. It was the Holiday season and post campaigning. Has to be very tiring to run for office and then immediately have a big political battle like the fiscal cliff. Hopefully we will see him focused on spending cuts with a similar intensity upon his return. The nation needs him to do that.

I agree.

Boehner says he'd done negotiating with obama. Let's see if he means it.

Boehner tells GOP he

that's really stupid of him to say that up front....like lots of other things he's said and done up front....the guy just doesn't know how to negotiate....

at least with his F-U to Harry Reid let's hope that indicates he finally has an inkling of understanding how they operate....

Boehner tells GOP he

I won't assume that Boehner not meeting one-on-one with Obama neccessarily means he will not negotiate. It might be better for him to 'stand on his own two feet', so to speak.

Cantor spoke to the House a few minutes ago. He is no less Tea Party then he ever was. I think Pete Sessions is the one to watch. He is taking the role of Dreier a House rules committee committee. Both Dreier and Sessions voted yes for the fiscal bill. If Boehner breaks Sessions' way things will get passed. If Boehner breaks Cantor's way let's hope 2014 will be the change we need to break the gridlock. It largely depends how many Tea Party republicans got replaced which will free up Boehner to be able negotiate with the Democrats.

There is a vote for the Sandy relief bill tomorrow. Should be very telling.

I feel for the House. They have been going hard all week and tomorrow is sure to be intense.

ke846o.jpg

*sob* I-I-I-I tried, my friends. I tried. But then he pinched my nipple really hard, like this...

Pelosi has major accomplishments as speaker

Boehner? None

Pelosi's major Accomplishment is the Pelosi Rule:

We have to pass a bill before we can find out what is in it.

And that's worked out really well.

Well....Boehner knows nothing about passing a bill does he?

You act like you have a personal stake in defending Pelosi and sound really childish.. WOw.. how embarassing to be you. WHO CARES ABOUT EITHER OF THEM??

Boehner tells GOP he

I won't assume that Boehner not meeting one-on-one with Obama neccessarily means he will not negotiate. It might be better for him to 'stand on his own two feet', so to speak.

Cantor spoke to the House a few minutes ago. He is no less Tea Party then he ever was. I think Pete Sessions is the one to watch. He is taking the role of Dreier a House rules committee committee. Both Dreier and Sessions voted yes for the fiscal bill. If Boehner breaks Sessions' way things will get passed. If Boehner breaks Cantor's way let's hope 2014 will be the change we need to break the gridlock. It largely depends how many Tea Party republicans got replaced which will free up Boehner to be able negotiate with the Democrats.

No Boehner did not say he won't negotiate at all. He said he won't do it one-on-one. katz left out some crucial words that change the meaning quite a bit.
Kinda like NBC and the Zimmerman 911 call.

Boehner tells GOP he

No Boehner did not say he won't negotiate at all. He said he won't do it one-on-one. katz left out some crucial words that change the meaning quite a bit.
Kinda like NBC and the Zimmerman 911 call.

No, I assumed as much.

(I admit had to refresh my Zimmerman knowledge.) Yeah, kind of like that. Don't mean to get to personal but it is like when I have to back my wife up all to way to she admits what she said, and then she says I should not get hung up on the words. "You mean what you say is not what you mean and I am suppose to know the difference?" :eusa_eh:

Pelosi's major Accomplishment is the Pelosi Rule:

We have to pass a bill before we can find out what is in it.

And that's worked out really well.

Well....Boehner knows nothing about passing a bill does he?

You act like you have a personal stake in defending Pelosi and sound really childish.. WOw.. how embarassing to be you. WHO CARES ABOUT EITHER OF THEM??

I'm just stating that by any comparison, Pelosi was much more successful than Boehner

Care to compare?

Forum List

Back