Boehner Holds Speaker

Put your butthurt aside, conservatives.

Boehner didn't fight a battle he couldn't win last week.

We are in a much improved position now, as evidenced by Obama running off the Hawaii and announcing he was going to refuse to negotiate from here on out.

Boehner has publicly announced that he will no longer negotiate in private with The Won.

That is a smart decision. It's impossible to negotiate in good faith with Obama, so best to have the conversation in public.

He is an imperfect man with a very difficult job.

Conservatives are not mindless drones like Liberals.

If you can't keep pledge-signing, Christian, old white men in line - what hope would you possibly have with a party that actually represents a diverse group of people and interests????

If you can't keep pledge-signing, Christian, old white men in line - what hope would you possibly have with a party that actually represents a diverse group of people and interests????

diverse?

LOL

hWanting%20a%20feed%20Small%20Web%20view.jpg

Did anyone actually think it would turn out different?

If so? I have some ocean front property in Arizona you may be interested in.

It was fun to watch though. The vote stayed tied for the first 60 votes or so and there were some looks of concern in the house. I guess that is like thinking your candidate might win after 5% of the vote is in. :rolleyes:

A fiscally responsible government IS in everyone's best interests moron.

diverse?

LOL

hWanting%20a%20feed%20Small%20Web%20view.jpg

You position is that the Democratic Party represents a more homogenous group than the Republican Party? In spite of all the data to the contrary?

And can you please point out where I suggested otherwise?

What has Boehner accomplished?

Oh yea......nothing

2 more years!.....2 more years!
Boehner sucks and so does Nancy Pelosi!

Pelosi has major accomplishments as speaker

Boehner? None

Now whether you agree with Pelosi's accomplishments are another matter and subject to debate. But yeah, she actually moved ideas into law. Boehner hasn't. I'm guessing he has ideas or that the Republicans he leads have ideas - but none of them are moving through the House or making it to votes on the House floor.

So yeah. He's ineffective.

Democrats are trying to expand the debt ceiling. Inept as they are, at least the Republicans claim to want spending cuts and a tightened debt ceiling.

Democrats are trying to expand the debt ceiling. Inept as they are, at least the Republicans claim to want spending cuts and a tightened debt ceiling.

Republicans "claim" to want spending cuts and a tightened debt ceiling.
But I haven't seen the evidence of that desire. I've only seem them whine and gripe when THEY aren't the ones who are spending the money.

But I'm glad you put those desires in the right order.

FIRST you make spending cuts - THEN the debt ceiling takes care of itself. Refusing to pay for the legislation you already passed, like defaulting on a loan, isn't a viable option or a political football. If refusing to pay for what you pass is now being translated as "fiscal responsibility" then I'm begening to see a wee problem my friend.

Last edited:
Boehner sucks and so does Nancy Pelosi!

Pelosi has major accomplishments as speaker

Boehner? None

Now whether you agree with Pelosi's accomplishments are another matter and subject to debate. But yeah, she actually moved ideas into law. Boehner hasn't. I'm guessing he has ideas or that the Republicans he leads have ideas - but none of them are moving through the House or making it to votes on the House floor.

So yeah. He's ineffective.

The way you get legislation into laws is compromise. When you are the minority party, "My way or the highway" is not a good strategy

Is there ANYTHING Boehner thought he could do for the country? Jobs maybe?

Republicans came up with no meaningful legislation

Forum List

Back