Bloomberg To Force Flu Vaccines For All NYC Children...

Exactly.

If the people of New York City don't like it, they're going to have to do something about it themselves. Namely, quit electing liberals like Bloomberg, and put in office people who believe that government's functions should be limited to things ordinary private citizens CAN'T do.

Until the people of New York City do that, they're going to get exactly the government they deserve - the government they voted for.

I think most people are okay with kids being protected by a flu shot when their parents won't do the job. Same with mandatory seat belts for minors. I'm sure a large majority support such measures.

The 16 oz. cup limitation (or whatever it was), on the other hand, is just stupid.

Unfortunately, you can't pick and choose which big-government laws you can obey and which ones you don't have to. Once you elect big-government politicians, you have to accept and obey ALL of them... plus all the ones they will impose on you in the future. And history shows that once the govt is given such broad power, they will ALWAYS use it, and expand it, and regulate and restrict you more and more, without end.

That's why some people believe it's better to keep the power to make all those laws, OUT of the hands of the politicians. And put up with the responsibility of doing the important things themselves, and talking their friends and neighbors into doing them too.

Neither of these solutions is perfect. But some people believe the latter solution is the better one.

Those people are called "conservatives".

They are called "idiots" and cause their children to suffer the penalty of their stupidity.

You are assuming no politicians take the moderate road of leaving adults to decide for themselves but making seat belts and flu shots for children mandatory.

Last edited:
I don't get flu shots, never have. My kids don't get flu shots. My immediate family doesn't get flu shots. We're all as healthy as can be.

That is because you have what is known in epidemiology as the "herd immunity". You are protected by the people around you who are vaccinated.

When the number of vaccinated people begins to drop, the herd immunity is compromised.

That is what occurred in the recent measles and whooping cough outbreaks.

Last edited:
Oh bull. When the smallpox vaccine came out, police went door to door and literally dragged children out for their vaccinations.

People in this country have no idea what epidemic looks like. Trust me, you don't want to watch your kids and parents die of the flu, and you don't want to be in a place where 7 out of 10 of the families you know have lost someone(s) to it.

There are serious problems with Vaccines. And those serious problems aren't often realized for many years after the fact. It is a complicated issue. Government using intimidation and force is always something to be concerned with. How far will they go? These days, that's a very important question. How many injections should a child be forced to endure? What will the long-term effects be? There are so many unknowns. Asking these questions doesn't necessarily make you 'Anti-Vaccine.' That's like declaring anyone asking questions about the NSA and IRS, 'Anti-American.'

Hate to tell you, but a flu vaccine is not going to prevent that 100%. With the number of different types of flu viruses, and that fact that the vaccine can only prevent so many, you could still catch the flu from someone that's been vaccinated after you've been vaccinated.

I have a right to prevent you from infecting me either via vaccines or quarantine.

That mentality can lead to a very dangerous Slippery Slope.

Unfortunately, every power can be abused.

So we must be ever vigilant and challenge authority.

But I don't see the different between aggression via pathogens or bullets, do you?

Oh bull. When the smallpox vaccine came out, police went door to door and literally dragged children out for their vaccinations.

People in this country have no idea what epidemic looks like. Trust me, you don't want to watch your kids and parents die of the flu, and you don't want to be in a place where 7 out of 10 of the families you know have lost someone(s) to it.

There are serious problems with Vaccines.

Bullshit. Unmitigated bullshit.

Whatever problems there are with vaccines don't even approach the problems which occur from non-vaccination.

I'm in my late 40's and never got a flu shot until this year, because last year I got the flu and was more ill than I have ever been in my life. It was nightmarish and I probably should have been hospitalized at one point because my kidneys felt like they had been beaten with sledge hammers.

If this story was Giuliani and not Bloomberg, I think a lot less people would take issue.

When we are in danger of epidemic, then you take drastic measures. Epidemic is one of the surest ways to bring martial law down upon one's community. If you don't like martial law, I suggest you get your vaccines, or move to an area where you are not putting other people at risk by your refusal to do so.

Your *rights* only extend to the point where they aren't infringing upon the rights of others. YOU may not be at risk of dying from the flu..but my 5 week old grandson definitely is. Get your fucking flu shots and stop being a baby.

Whatever problems there are with vaccines don't even approach the problems which occur from non-vaccination.

Yeah but you're one of those people who's constantly here preaching that there's no problems with the NSA, IRS, and so on. So it kind of makes sense you would feel the same about Government-Forced Vaccinations. You always fall in line. I bet you even think it's 'Anti-American' to question this.

When we are in danger of epidemic, then you take drastic measures. Epidemic is one of the surest ways to bring martial law down upon one's community. If you don't like martial law, I suggest you get your vaccines, or move to an area where you are not putting other people at risk by your refusal to do so.

Your *rights* only extend to the point where they aren't infringing upon the rights of others. YOU may not be at risk of dying from the flu..but my 5 week old grandson definitely is. Get your fucking flu shots and stop being a baby.

Like i said earlier, that mentality leads to a very dangerous Slippery Slope.

Yes everybody knows that the flu vaccination at any one season is a guess at which is going to be the most virulent, and does not cover ALL the strains of influenza. Yes yes yes, we get it.

It will, however, protect against THAT strain, which might be lethal to my babies, and may be the only strain they are exposed to.

I got my flu shot this year, and I've got a nasty case of the flu right now. I think I've got pnemonia, in fact. I'm terribly worried that my kids, who were also vaccinated, are going to get it, because they are not as strong and don't have as much immunity as I do.

But trust me, I did not get sick BECAUSE I got my flu vaccine. I got sick because I was exposed to a strain that my vaccine didn't cover...not unexpected, I am exposed to people from all over the place every single day.

So now that we've addressed the technicalities of what the flu vaccine can and can't do (no it won't cure world hunger) get your fucking shots and stop whining about it. Every kid in the US should be vaccinated.

90 percent who died were not vaccinated.

This is what pisses me off about these morons. The kids pay the price of their parents' stupidity.

You do know that even with the vaccination you can still get the flu, don't you?

Of course.

Flu shots can only protect you from whatever Flu is going around that year. There is no all-encompassing influenza vaccine.

One other thing, the harmful effects of DDT have been thoroughly debunked but millions of people, mostly children, die every year from preventable malaria.

The difference is..... One side (liberal scum) is not at all reasonable and will NEVER admit to being wrong.... Never. Even if it means the deaths of millions of children.

While the other side (libertarians and conservatives) is reasonable and will listen.

And Malaria isn't even contagious. Flu is. Highly.

I'm in my late 40's and never got a flu shot until this year, because last year I got the flu and was more ill than I have ever been in my life. It was nightmarish and I probably should have been hospitalized at one point because my kidneys felt like they had been beaten with sledge hammers.

If this story was Giuliani and not Bloomberg, I think a lot less people would take issue.

I take issue with any and all mandates the government makes.

I take issue with any politician who believes he knows what's better for me and my family than I do.

I take issue with anyone attempting to take my freedoms away.

SO in 40 years you have never had a flu shot and exhibited good health. The one time you get the flu you immediately forget the past 40 years of good health and rely on a vaccine that will not prevent you from getting the flu again. Where is the logic?

Like i said earlier, that mentality leads to a very dangerous Slippery Slope.

No, it really doesn't. Communities have always enlisted extreme measures to prevent/contain epidemic. Read up on it, educate yourself.

The smallpox vaccine was visited upon NYC by policemen, who did literally drag children out of their homes over the protestations of their irate and terrified parents. During the plague, there were varieties of actions taken to prevent the spread of disease that quite did away with any *rights* that those affected had.

It's the way it works. Like I said, if you don't like it I suggest you move to an extremely sparsely populated rural area, where not only are you unlikely to be exposed to most viruses, you are also unlikely to be able to spread them, and thus not likely to be required to get a shot.

This is what pisses me off about these morons. The kids pay the price of their parents' stupidity.

You do know that even with the vaccination you can still get the flu, don't you?

You do know that without any vaccination at all, your chances are worse, don't you? That's why 90 percent who died had NO VACCINATION AT ALL.

The flu shot is for the virus that is the most prevalent.

Of course.

Flu shots can only protect you from whatever Flu is going around that year. There is no all-encompassing influenza vaccine.

One other thing, the harmful effects of DDT have been thoroughly debunked but millions of people, mostly children, die every year from preventable malaria.

The difference is..... One side (liberal scum) is not at all reasonable and will NEVER admit to being wrong.... Never. Even if it means the deaths of millions of children.

While the other side (libertarians and conservatives) is reasonable and will listen.

Unfortunately, the effects of many of these current Vaccines will not be known for many years from now. And as you so succinctly stated, most who force Vaccinations will never admit it when they're wrong. I think it's anything but 'Anti-American' to question Government-Forced Vaccinations. In fact, i think it's the exact opposite. It's a Patriotic Duty.

Yeah but you're one of those people who's constantly here preaching that there's no problems with the NSA, IRS, and so on.

That is a lie.

So it kind of makes sense you would feel the same about Government-Forced Vaccinations. You always fall in line. I bet you even think it's 'Anti-American' to question this.

Your conclusion fails as it based on a false premise.

Yeah but you're one of those people who's constantly here preaching that there's no problems with the NSA, IRS, and so on.

That is a lie.

So it kind of makes sense you would feel the same about Government-Forced Vaccinations. You always fall in line. I bet you even think it's 'Anti-American' to question this.

Your conclusion fails as it based on a false premise.

Come on, admit it. You know you wanna start screeching that 'IT'S DAMN ANTI-AMERICAN TO QUESTION THIS!!!' Be honest.

Of course.

Unfortunately, the effects of many of these current Vaccines will not be known for many years from now. And as you so succinctly stated, most who force Vaccinations will never admit it when they're wrong. I think it's anything but 'Anti-American' to question Government-Forced Vaccinations. In fact, i think it's the exact opposite. It's a Patriotic Duty.

I question the motives of those who would force vaccinations on those among us who have the strongest immune systems -- Children.

I never had the Flu in my life until I joined the Army and got a Flu shot.... :dunno:

My wife is north of 50 and won't get a Flu Shot -- For which I may have to spank her if she doesn't cooperate.

Because her immune system isn't what it used to be. I get one every year when I think about it. Last year I didn't and, hoo-boy, did I ever pay for it. Ouch.

Got one this year. Betcha.

I guess, maybe, in a City as crowded as New Yawk, maybe I could see the necessity for mandatory Flu Shots.

Or if you work with kids. Or in the Health Care Industry. Or in the Food Service Industry.

If it were me? I'd take a wait and see approach. If my kid showed a proclivity to catch the Flu, I'd start getting him/her a Flu shot from then on. If he or she was strongly resistant to Flu? :dunno:

Just my opinion. Follow it at your own peril

I take issue with any and all mandates the government makes.

I take issue with 99.9% of the mandates. Now well

th

James Eagan Holmes

Would you accept as his defense the claim that moviegoers knew or should have known that by going to a public place they were subjecting themselves to the possibility that they would be shot at?

Would you accept as his defense the claim that by going to a public place without wearing bullet proof vests and other protection that they were not REALLY concerned about their health?

Did the police have a right to shoot at the suspect given the fact that Mr. Holmes has NEVER CONSENTED to have government bureaucrats penetrate his body with possibly deadly substances, ie, lead, ?

Forum List

Back