Bloomberg’s nannyism: It’s come to this

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The nanny state is going after moms.

Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so more new mothers will breast-feed.

Starting Sept. 3, the city will keep tabs on the number of bottles that participating hospitals stock and use — the most restrictive pro-breast-milk program in the nation.

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

They need a "medical reason" to use a bottle? How about "none of your fucking business"? I would ask them to write that down on my chart.

How did this clown get re-elected?

Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so more new mothers will breast-feed.

Starting Sept. 3, the city will keep tabs on the number of bottles that participating hospitals stock and use — the most restrictive pro-breast-milk program in the nation.

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

They need a "medical reason" to use a bottle? How about "none of your fucking business"? I would ask them to write that down on my chart.

Clearly you should be allowed to feed your newborn anything you like. In Mexico Coca-cola is a favorite.

Don't wanna play by hospital rules get a fucking midwife.

He's helping out the people by saving their money. Corporations try to sell us formula, when the real formula is free.

He's helping out the people by saving their money. Corporations try to sell us formula, when the real formula is free.

lol there are many reasons to have formula on hand. But now big government will tell you how....

Then you support such action.

Do any of you ass wipes understand what liberty is?

lol there are many reasons to have formula on hand.

Like - medical reasons?
But now big government will tell you how....

I have liberty to make my own hospital rules?

GReat. For kid #2 then, the rule will be daddy gets an IV and a button full of opiates, as well.

For many liberty means supporting republican candidates.
And not supporting liberal ones.

But what does liberty mean?
In the context of "with liberty and justice for all".

Last edited:

lol there are many reasons to have formula on hand. But now big government will tell you how....

Of course people are free to do what they want. This is about commercial interests telling us that formula is the standard, instead of the unfortunately necessary back-up that it should be, costing us all more in the long run.

lol there are many reasons to have formula on hand.

Like - medical reasons?
But now big government will tell you how....

I have liberty to make my own hospital rules?

GReat. For kid #2 then, the rule will be daddy gets an IV and a button full of opiates, as well.

You wouldnt know liberty if it hit you.

The variables are many, but peasants like you like being told how to act, It is people like you that need to be protected from yourselves.

Most drugs have side effects. Imagine if Nanny Bloomberg decided that pain meds. were unnecessary except in the most extreme circumstances?

I've heard that Vicoden is far more dangerous than baby formula. (sorry no link) :cuckoo:

I expect unintended consequences from this. :frown:

Of course Bloomberg would prefer this:

malnourished_child.jpg

to this:

baby_1442825c.jpg

does hungry qualify as a good medical reason to receive a bottle or is this going to be a late abortion?

Excellent point. Women can receive abortions for "no medical reason" but not a bottle of FDA approved Similac?

People can get elective surgery "for no medical reason", but not any baby milk?

I hated nursing. I did it for several weeks because I was pressured by the Le Leche people at the hospital, but if I were ever to do it again, I'd pass. It's a personal decision; not the mayor's.

Most drugs have side effects. Imagine if Nanny Bloomberg decided that pain meds. were unnecessary except in the most extreme circumstances?

I've heard that Vicoden is far more dangerous than baby formula. (sorry no link) :cuckoo:

I expect unintended consequences from this. :frown:

Of course Bloomberg would prefer this:

malnourished_child.jpg

to this:

baby_1442825c.jpg

why do you equate breast feeding with starving babies?

o let me guess you didnt breastfeed and have no concept of what you are endorsing or not endorsing....but you fully support the formula companies

Forum List

Back