LoL this thread fails..

Let's see in the United States historically whites were known for:

Designing Jim Crow Laws
Slavery
Segregation
Institutional racism
classification of humans via using the term race

Ah yes your as observant as a kid with downsyndrome

Historically, yes. The country WAS racist.

It still is.

We currently have no White Entertianment Television network, no National Association for the Advancement of White People, no American Caucasian College Fund and no Congressional White Caucus.

Who's racist now?

National Association for the Advancement of White People

White Entertainment Television network; the majority of the networks are owned and dominated by white people.

Republicans are 90% white but vote 100% for white Republicans.

You mean democrats elected Allen West?

Blacks no matter their party voted 95% for Obama in 2008.
Are you saying there was no racism there?

LoL this thread fails..

Designing Jim Crow Laws
Slavery
Segregation
Institutional racism

And in Modern America, whites are known for Affirmative Action, white guilt, bending over backwards to make amends and electing a black president.

Welcome to the 21st Century my brotha! :afro:

Your argument fails miserably and so does that trailer trash tramp for an avatar

Republicans are 90% white but vote 100% for white Republicans. All you have do to is look at these threads and you can pretty much see that the Republican Party is the home of Racism in America.
This just might be the dumbest post I have ever read.

Are you positive you read this carefully before you clicked "post"?

If so, you have some serious brain function and comprehension issues rdean.

It just might be his most intelligent post ever as well. Rdweeb is not known for critical thinking.

Oh God....

The reason why there are no white television networks is because majority of the whites own them. Guess who owns (or partially owns) BET? A white person. Guess who is the majority in the U.S? White people. Guess who is the top 1% White People!

The reason why white representation outside of radical racist groups have no direct representation is because these individuals underdstand they are over-represented as is, both historically and currently. These individuals understand that in a sea of diversity people of color, or people from foreign countries need representation which is why you see:

Telemundo
Chinese and Japanese Television
Black Entertainment Television

The United States is a country that is about making society a safe haven for all humans regardless of their race, sex, religion.

Last edited:
Hardcandy

I am a black man.

Al Sharpton does not speak for me

Generalization fail.....

LoL this thread fails..

Designing Jim Crow Laws
Slavery
Segregation
Institutional racism

It still is.

We currently have no White Entertianment Television network, no National Association for the Advancement of White People, no American Caucasian College Fund and no Congressional White Caucus.

Who's racist now?

If there's a BET or an NAACP, somewhere along the road of their advent, a white person helped make that happen. How you ask? Because the whites still hold the purse strings ultimately. They still hold the vast majority of this nations highest and most powerful positions in both the public and private sector. Magazines like Fortune and Forbes put out lists regularly that are dominated by them. Hell, I'll even chuck Maxim and Sports Illustrated into that.

Non-Caucasian President or not, Whites still call the shots in this country. I am enough of a realist to never have thought otherwise. Despite the advent and rise of hispanic and black leaders and pioneers in a number of areas, There are large scores of whites that command our military, man our space program, direct our movies, coach our sports teams, and lead our wealthiest and most successful companies etc and so forth. Are there minorities sprinkled in among those areas? Absolutely, but the emphasis must be put on "sprinkled". They are still a small, small minority in largely white-dominated fields.

Let's consider this: Whites started, own and/or run the vast majority of the TV networks we watch such as FX, TNT,ESPN, MTV, ABC, NBC, FOX etc etc. College funds, such as the Pell Grant and a plethora of scholarships our students apply for were also created and our still managed by whites, these scholarships far outnumber those started by minorities. As for Civil rights groups like the NAACP, The SPLC and ALCU were started by whites and still led by whites.

So knowing this, this kinda makes your point a little silly as well as very fallacious.

I felt compelled to answer it however since it's an argument I've seen thrown out before, but I've not seen a proper rebuttal to it.

Last edited:
LoL this thread fails..

Designing Jim Crow Laws
Slavery
Segregation
Institutional racism

It still is.

Who's racist now?

If there's a BET or an NAACP, somewhere along the road of their advent, a white person helped make that happen. How you ask? Because the whites still hold the purse strings ultimately. They still hold the vast majority of this nations highest and most powerful positions in both the public and private sector. Magazines like Fortune and Forbes put out lists regularly that are dominated by them. Hell, I'll even chuck Maxim and Sports Illustrated into that.

Non-Caucasian President or not, Whites still call the shots in this country. I am enough of a realist to never have thought otherwise. Despite the advent and rise of hispanic and black leaders and pioneers in a number of areas, There are large scores of whites that command our military, man our space program, direct our movies, coach our sports teams, and lead our wealthiest and most successful companies etc and so forth. Are there minorities sprinkled in among those areas? Absolutely, but the emphasis must be put on "sprinkled". They are still a small, small minority in largely white-dominated fields.

Let's consider this: Whites started, own and/or run the vast majority of the TV networks we watch such as FX, TNT,ESPN, MTV, ABC, NBC, FOX etc etc. College funds, such as the Pell Grant and a plethora of scholarships our students apply for were also created and our still managed by whites, these scholarships far outnumber those started by minorities. As for Civil rights groups like the NAACP, The SPLC and ALCU were started by whites and still led by whites.

So knowing this, this kinda makes your point a little silly as well as very fallacious.

I felt compelled to answer it however since it's an argument I've seen thrown out before, but I've not seen a proper rebuttal to it.

Very good post

Attachments

• $Candy 10.jpg
    $Candy 10.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 77
Essence of the Liberal Outlook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Perhaps the essence of the Liberal outlook could be summed up in a new decalogue, not intended to replace the old one but only to supplement it. The Ten Commandments that, as a teacher, I should wish to promulgate, might be set forth as follows:

1. Do not feel absolutely certain of anything.
2. Do not think it worth while to proceed by concealing evidence, for the evidence is sure to come to light.
3. Never try to discourage thinking for you are sure to succeed.
4. When you meet with opposition, even if it should be from your husband or your children, endeavour to overcome it by argument and not by authority, for a victory dependent upon authority is unreal and illusory.
5. Have no respect for the authority of others, for there are always contrary authorities to be found.
6. Do not use power to suppress opinions you think pernicious, for if you do the opinions will suppress you.
7. Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.
8. Find more pleasure in intelligent dissent that in passive agreement, for, if you value intelligence as you should, the former implies a deeper agreement than the latter.
9. Be scrupulously truthful, even if the truth is inconvenient, for it is more inconvenient when you try to conceal it.
10. Do not feel envious of the happiness of those who live in a fool’s paradise, for only a fool will think that it is happiness.
by Bertrand Russell

I noticed your sig Pheonixops. I thought you would enjoy this advice from Russell to teachers.

Very Interesting Comparison

A2OFo9VCMAEcZl3_zpsdb87e802.jpg

What about his father's church at that time, what was their doctrine regarding "the Blacks"?

so the Romney family has a background of doing what they think is right rather than following religious dogma?

That's a good answer, it would be nice if the other side said the same thing about the Obamas instead of railing against them regarding Rev. Wright.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Perhaps the essence of the Liberal outlook could be summed up in a new decalogue, not intended to replace the old one but only to supplement it. The Ten Commandments that, as a teacher, I should wish to promulgate, might be set forth as follows:

2. Do not think it worth while to proceed by concealing evidence, for the evidence is sure to come to light.
4. When you meet with opposition, even if it should be from your husband or your children, endeavour to overcome it by argument and not by authority, for a victory dependent upon authority is unreal and illusory.
5. Have no respect for the authority of others, for there are always contrary authorities to be found.
6. Do not use power to suppress opinions you think pernicious, for if you do the opinions will suppress you.
7. Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.
8. Find more pleasure in intelligent dissent that in passive agreement, for, if you value intelligence as you should, the former implies a deeper agreement than the latter.
9. Be scrupulously truthful, even if the truth is inconvenient, for it is more inconvenient when you try to conceal it.
10. Do not feel envious of the happiness of those who live in a fool’s paradise, for only a fool will think that it is happiness.
by Bertrand Russell

I noticed your sig Pheonixops. I thought you would enjoy this advice from Russell to teachers.

Thank you very much! I have to look this guy up now. :)

Quote:

by Bertrand Russell

Thank you very much! I have to look this guy up now. :)

I looked him up and realized that my dd was a fan of his when I was a kid. Thanks for bringing him up. Are you from the UK?

LoL this thread fails..

Designing Jim Crow Laws
Slavery
Segregation
Institutional racism

LOL they had one hellava negative rep back then

It still is.

Thats your fault,you didn't think fast enough

Who's racist now?
"guess who"

If there's a BET or an NAACP, somewhere along the road of their advent, a Black helped make that happen. How you ask? Because the whites still hold the purse strings ultimately. They still hold the vast majority of this nations highest and most powerful positions in both the public and private sector. Magazines like Fortune and Forbes put out lists regularly that are dominated by them. Hell, I'll even chuck Maxim and Sports Illustrated into that.

Non-Caucasian President or not, Whites still call the shots in this country. I am enough of a azzhole to have thougt therwise. Despite the advent and rise of hispanic and black leaders and pioneers in a number of areas, There are large scores of whites that command our military, man our space program, direct our movies, coach our sports teams, and lead our wealthiest and most successful companies etc and so forth. Are there minorities sprinkled in among those areas? Absolutely, but the emphasis must be put on "sprinkled". They are still a small, small minority in largely white-dominated fields. And getting larger every day

Let's consider this: Whites started, own and/or run the vast majority of the TV networks we watch such as FX, TNT,ESPN, MTV, ABC, NBC, FOX etc etc. College funds, such as the Pell Grant and a plethora of scholarships our students apply for were also created and our still managed by whites, these scholarships far outnumber those started by minorities. As for Civil rights groups like the NAACP, The SPLC and ALCU were started by whites and still led by whites. Bullshit lie

I think slavery plays a big role in why blacks may seem to be more racists than whites in America today.
Many blacks feel that slavery is an issue that whites have not done anything to repair the damage cause by slavery, and many whites are againsts slavery reparations.

I think slavery plays a big role in why blacks may seem to be more racists than whites in America today.
Many blacks feel that slavery is an issue that whites have not done anything to repair the damage cause by slavery, and many whites are againsts slavery reparations.

So you admit that blacks live in the past.

Slavery ended about 150 years ago. No black American alive today has ever been a slave.

Why would whites be against something that doesn't exist?

What damage has been done directly to you from slavery?

So you admit that blacks live in the past.

Slavery ended about 150 years ago. No black American alive today has ever been a slave.

Why would whites be against something that doesn't exist?

I wouldn't say blacks are living in the past, Slavery is an ssue from the past that subconsciously causes blacks to be on edge a bit more than the average American.
And given the fact that many whites still engage in out right racists actions.

Forum List

Back