Blackest Schools Have Worst Academics, New Official US Statistics Show

Blackest Schools Have Worst Academics, New Official US Statistics Show - The New Observer

They REALLY needed to do a study on this? This is common fucking sense! Hell scores show that poor whites and asians out perform rich blacks! Its not about environment or wealth its about genetics.

The article has a clear agenda.

What seems to be the case here is that schools with a majority of students (60%+) that are black will have students, both black and white who are performing badly. The article claims this is somehow genetic. What, the white students in such a school have somehow become genetically black?

Perhaps a lot of these schools are in inner city areas where a lot of people are under-performing for a variety of reasons.

Here's one main point they chose to ignore:

"When the analysis examined variation in density by region and locale, the results showed that schools in the highest density category (60 percent to 100 percent Black students) were mostly located in the South and, to a lesser extent, the Midwest and tended to be in cities"

So the schools they've examined, ones with 60% or more black population, are mostly in the South, which has notoriously done badly for poorer students, and also the midwest, AND they're usually in cities.

Looking at figure 4 you can see that the South has 60% of schools within the range of 40-60% black students and 46% of those students in 60-100% black. Louisiana, for example, has a 30% black population, compared to 13% for the USA as a whole.

Black people have a poverty rate of 25%. White people have 7% poverty.

Poverty in a state like Louisiana is at 20%, and for blacks it will be much higher.

What all this tells us is that education in inner cities is poor, education in the South is poor, education in inner cities in the South is very poor and that falls on blacks the most. Racism is far more abundant in the South, and blacks are held back, and in society they suffer more because of the racism that exists there.

Then this gives the racists an excuse to point to black people being somehow inferior.

So, all you need to support your theory now is to show how blacks do just fine in nice northern cities away from the Evul Racist South, like in BOston, Baltimore and New York.

Link please.

And if you can't that pretty much shots your "racism" theory full of holes.

Not that you will ever admit that.

I've done research on other things, in other places, and found that generally this stuff comes down to POVERTY rather than race. There are plenty of other questions, like why are black people more likely to be in poverty, that can be answered in many different ways. However poverty is often a major factor in terms of education. Note this article said black people do better when they're in schools with a lower number of black people.

Are you telling me there aren't racists in the South? Are you telling me the South hasn't suffered from racism for a long time? Really? Really?

Like I said it's a fine theory. And all you need now is some evidence to support it.

SOme examples of blacks doing just as well as whites in NOrther CIties, or in Middle Class suburbs would be good.

Plenty of middle class black in the north, far away from the Evul white southerns to provide numbers for your theory.

Yeah, I could spend a lot of time working out a theory. I don't feel like doing it right now. Basically I see a lot of detailed posts being replied to by a few lines and basically passing off all the effort to nothing because it doesn't support their theory. What you've got it what you've got and right now it's all you're getting.

What you have said to use as examples I wouldn't say would pass any kind of test though. What would show is detailed statistics that would take hours to compiles that show that poverty is the main factor. Like I've said I've done it for other areas and that's exactly how it worked out.

Do you see those people who are claiming that it's all about blacks being super unintelligent going around making massive amounts of effort to prove this point? No... nor do I.

Blackest Schools Have Worst Academics, New Official US Statistics Show - The New Observer

They REALLY needed to do a study on this? This is common fucking sense! Hell scores show that poor whites and asians out perform rich blacks! Its not about environment or wealth its about genetics.

What seems to be the case here is that schools with a majority of students (60%+) that are black will have students, both black and white who are performing badly. The article claims this is somehow genetic. What, the white students in such a school have somehow become genetically black?

Perhaps a lot of these schools are in inner city areas where a lot of people are under-performing for a variety of reasons.

"When the analysis examined variation in density by region and locale, the results showed that schools in the highest density category (60 percent to 100 percent Black students) were mostly located in the South and, to a lesser extent, the Midwest and tended to be in cities"

So the schools they've examined, ones with 60% or more black population, are mostly in the South, which has notoriously done badly for poorer students, and also the midwest, AND they're usually in cities.

Looking at figure 4 you can see that the South has 60% of schools within the range of 40-60% black students and 46% of those students in 60-100% black. Louisiana, for example, has a 30% black population, compared to 13% for the USA as a whole.

Poverty in a state like Louisiana is at 20%, and for blacks it will be much higher.

What all this tells us is that education in inner cities is poor, education in the South is poor, education in inner cities in the South is very poor and that falls on blacks the most. Racism is far more abundant in the South, and blacks are held back, and in society they suffer more because of the racism that exists there.

Then this gives the racists an excuse to point to black people being somehow inferior.

So, all you need to support your theory now is to show how blacks do just fine in nice northern cities away from the Evul Racist South, like in BOston, Baltimore and New York.

Link please.

I've done research on other things, in other places, and found that generally this stuff comes down to POVERTY rather than race. There are plenty of other questions, like why are black people more likely to be in poverty, that can be answered in many different ways. However poverty is often a major factor in terms of education. Note this article said black people do better when they're in schools with a lower number of black people.

Are you telling me there aren't racists in the South? Are you telling me the South hasn't suffered from racism for a long time? Really? Really?

Like I said it's a fine theory. And all you need now is some evidence to support it.

SOme examples of blacks doing just as well as whites in NOrther CIties, or in Middle Class suburbs would be good.

Plenty of middle class black in the north, far away from the Evul white southerns to provide numbers for your theory.

Yeah, I could spend a lot of time working out a theory. I don't feel like doing it right now. Basically I see a lot of detailed posts being replied to by a few lines and basically passing off all the effort to nothing because it doesn't support their theory. What you've got it what you've got and right now it's all you're getting.

What you have said to use as examples I wouldn't say would pass any kind of test though. What would show is detailed statistics that would take hours to compiles that show that poverty is the main factor. Like I've said I've done it for other areas and that's exactly how it worked out.

Do you see those people who are claiming that it's all about blacks being super unintelligent going around making massive amounts of effort to prove this point? No... nor do I.

Considering the subject, I would assume that other researchers have ALREADY done that work.

Because let's face it, the world is full of libs who would want to prove that. If they could.

Because the idea of a real racial difference is taboo to them.

What stops Americans from moving to another part of the country where things are better? It's not like they have to move to another country like many of our ancestors did.

We lived in Detroit. My dad got a job at Ford and we got the hell out.

There isn't anything stopping them, except perhaps that they're poor and don't have enough money to pick up and get out, not a good enough education to get a decent job outside of their area, and I don't know, other sentimental reasons.

It's the richer people who usually get out of these places, like in Detroit, the poor are often stuck there.
Why do you think there are more black people in the South? You think this has to do with the slave trade and cotton farms etc? Detroit has a large black population because a lot of poor blacks did get out, thrown from one hell hole into another that was much worse.

Link please.

3 of the most dangerous cities are flint Saginaw and detroit Michigan. That's up north.

Are we really thinking inside a little box and nothing happens outside of the box?

We all know what Detroit is like, we know it's different to many northern cities, and we know why. Let's not act like fools.

Considering the subject, I would assume that other researchers have ALREADY done that work.

Because let's face it, the world is full of libs who would want to prove that. If they could.

I have no problem with acknowledging racial differences. However the website that the OP presented claims black people have, in general, an IQ which is bordering on mental problems. Clearly not true.

However, if you look at statistics that say that white people in poverty are just as likely to be in the same predicament as black people in poverty, and the only difference is there are more black people in poverty, then what?

You can look at social reasons why black people are in poverty.

The question is why aren't 25% of black people in the UK in poverty?

UK: low income and ethnicity - The Poverty Site

In the UK there are "low income households"

• 20% for White people.
  • 30% for Indians and Black Caribbeans.
  • 50% for Black Africans.
  • 60% for Pakistanis.
  • 70% for Bangladeshis.
So, in the US white people are at 7% poverty. White people in the UK are at 20% low income. Clearly low income and poverty are different. It's just a different way of looking at it.

But if we take 20% and we divide it by 3, to make around 7% and we take 50% for blacks and divide it by three we get about 17%, rather than 25%. So is this about race?

figure03_education.gif

Why in the 1970s did 56% of black people in the US have less than a high school diploma, and not it's only 10%? Have black people changed in this time? From 8% to 23% have a degree or higher. Again. What changed?

I can tell you what has changed. Society has changed. Society is more open to black people now than it was before. It's still struggling though.

67958373271803509.gif

Within education black people have been progressing to be closer to white people in terms of scores. Again, have black people changed or society has changed?

Research is often targeted towards what people want to show. People on a forum like this might want to show something different to what the govt wants to show. So, often, I find I have to take stats that are out there and make my own calculations to come to a view that I think represents the truth of what is out there.

I have no problem with acknowledging racial differences. However the website that the OP presented claims black people have, in general, an IQ which is bordering on mental problems. Clearly not true.

However, if you look at statistics that say that white people in poverty are just as likely to be in the same predicament as black people in poverty, and the only difference is there are more black people in poverty, then what?

• 20% for White people.
  • 60% for Pakistanis.
  • 70% for Bangladeshis.
So, in the US white people are at 7% poverty. White people in the UK are at 20% low income. Clearly low income and poverty are different. It's just a different way of looking at it.

But if we take 20% and we divide it by 3, to make around 7% and we take 50% for blacks and divide it by three we get about 17%, rather than 25%. So is this about race?

figure03_education.gif

Why in the 1970s did 56% of black people in the US have less than a high school diploma, and not it's only 10%? Have black people changed in this time? From 8% to 23% have a degree or higher. Again. What changed?

I can tell you what has changed. Society has changed. Society is more open to black people now than it was before. It's still struggling though.

67958373271803509.gif

Within education black people have been progressing to be closer to white people in terms of scores. Again, have black people changed or society has changed?

Research is often targeted towards what people want to show. People on a forum like this might want to show something different to what the govt wants to show. So, often, I find I have to take stats that are out there and make my own calculations to come to a view that I think represents the truth of what is out there.

Nice post and very informative too. I think it has much more to do with social status than any kind of genetics. Your chart shows some definite progress in the black community though, and that is hopeful.

You shouldn't really blame people for thinking the way they do. That is more the fault of the media, I think. There is no doubt that there is room to grow though.

• 20% for White people.
  • 60% for Pakistanis.
  • 70% for Bangladeshis.

figure03_education.gif

67958373271803509.gif

Nice post and very informative too. I think it has much more to do with social status than any kind of genetics. Your chart shows some definite progress in the black community though, and that is hopeful.

You shouldn't really blame people for thinking the way they do. That is more the fault of the media, I think. There is no doubt that there is room to grow though.

Well people have a choice, they have a choice to listen to what people say and to try and find the truth, or they have the choice to reinforce their prejudices.

You'd think with people who come onto forums like this that they'd be looking to find stuff out, most aren't though.

• 20% for White people.
  • 60% for Pakistanis.
  • 70% for Bangladeshis.

figure03_education.gif

67958373271803509.gif

Well people have a choice, they have a choice to listen to what people say and to try and find the truth, or they have the choice to reinforce their prejudices.

You'd think with people who come onto forums like this that they'd be looking to find stuff out, most aren't though.

A lot of them who come here to "spout off" are just angry. That much is apparent.

• 20% for White people.
  • 60% for Pakistanis.
  • 70% for Bangladeshis.

figure03_education.gif

67958373271803509.gif

A lot of them who come here to "spout off" are just angry. That much is apparent.

Problem is there are a lot of people who are either angry or misinformed and they vote.

My sister is a perfect example. She seems to get off on getting angry at people on Facebook, don't even know how that one works, but then she'll tell everyone on Facebook why she's so damn clever and everyone else is stupid.

There is nothing strawmen about it. People compare IQ to crime rates instead of getting into the decision making of the person. There are many many other threads talking about the same topic, and is almost always leads back to something similar. That post is directed towards some people on this site, and they know exactly who they are.

There are many intelligence's, but I'm pointing out that there is no "main" intelligence that a human being has to work with. It all depends on the scenario that the person is in for their high/low IQ to take any kind of effect.

• 20% for White people.
  • 60% for Pakistanis.
  • 70% for Bangladeshis.

figure03_education.gif

67958373271803509.gif

1. The average iq mentioned in the OP linked article does seem lower than I recall seeing it. I was waiting for someone to actually address the facts claimed instead of just screaming racist.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by "same predicament". If you are claiming that adjusting for socio-economic status makes the gap go away, I'm sure if that was true it would have been greatly publicized by now.

3. IMO, the primary cause of poverty is illegitimacy, ie having a family without having a primary breadwinner.

4. Comparing 1970 and 2008 degree numbers IMO, has to many other factors, such as degree inflation and the decline of manufacturing and agricultural employment to be useful to this thread.

5. Yes, the narrowing of the gap is not likely to be caused by a change in the people. But all that demonstrated is that there is some environmental factor as part of the cause, not that there is NOTHING BUT environmental factor..

1. The average iq mentioned in the OP linked article does seem lower than I recall seeing it. I was waiting for someone to actually address the facts claimed instead of just screaming racist.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by "same predicament". If you are claiming that adjusting for socio-economic status makes the gap go away, I'm sure if that was true it would have been greatly publicized by now.

3. IMO, the primary cause of poverty is illegitimacy, ie having a family without having a primary breadwinner.

4. Comparing 1970 and 2008 degree numbers IMO, has to many other factors, such as degree inflation and the decline of manufacturing and agricultural employment to be useful to this thread.

5. Yes, the narrowing of the gap is not likely to be caused by a change in the people. But all that demonstrated is that there is some environmental factor as part of the cause, not that there is NOTHING BUT environmental factor..

It's a bit hard not to shout racist at an article which is clearly twisting things and making stuff up in order to put black people in some bad place.

What you have to remember about black people in the US is that they've often come from a situation where they've found things harder. In certain states in the US, mostly in the South, being black meant people were fighting against you all the time. Things just weren't open to you not matter what. Things have been changing, but they're not totally equal as they should be.

Also you're looking at a situation when maybe the most adventurous of the black people probably got out. Those that stayed might be those who were willing to accept their situation.
This is just one example of how poor black people were left where they were. There are also plenty of other reasons.

Maybe illegitimacy is a cause of poverty. So who is doing anything about making sure kids growing up in poverty understand what it takes to make a marriage work? No one? Oh, but they still expect them to figure it out when they simply haven't had the right role models. Then people will come along and say it's not the school's place to teach such things, it's for the parents. Do we get that irony? I certainly do.

Comparing 1970 to 2008 can show a lot of change in the US. You talk about degree inflation, okay. But then again I showed another chart which showed that the gap between white education and black education had closed in this time too.

Yes, jobs have changed, and the whole workforce in the US needs to be more educated in order to get a job in a country with higher expectations of jobs. But then again if black people are taking these jobs which earn more money and require better skills, then it kind of shows they're not genetically morons, right?

There are lots of factors here. What often happens is that the people who shout their mouths off that black people are this or that, are often the people who can't put lots of statistics together, look at the reality of each of the statistics within the context of the US and come to a decent conclusion.

It's easier to use one fact, make a short comment, one or two sentences, and proclaim that blacks are stupid, hey? But a lot of people do this on forums such as this. Not just with black people, but with everything. Hence why they love Trump, it's simple enough to understand.

It's a bit hard not to shout racist at an article which is clearly twisting things and making stuff up in order to put black people in some bad place.

What you have to remember about black people in the US is that they've often come from a situation where they've found things harder. In certain states in the US, mostly in the South, being black meant people were fighting against you all the time. Things just weren't open to you not matter what. Things have been changing, but they're not totally equal as they should be.

Also you're looking at a situation when maybe the most adventurous of the black people probably got out. Those that stayed might be those who were willing to accept their situation.
This is just one example of how poor black people were left where they were. There are also plenty of other reasons.

Maybe illegitimacy is a cause of poverty. So who is doing anything about making sure kids growing up in poverty understand what it takes to make a marriage work? No one? Oh, but they still expect them to figure it out when they simply haven't had the right role models. Then people will come along and say it's not the school's place to teach such things, it's for the parents. Do we get that irony? I certainly do.

Comparing 1970 to 2008 can show a lot of change in the US. You talk about degree inflation, okay. But then again I showed another chart which showed that the gap between white education and black education had closed in this time too.

Yes, jobs have changed, and the whole workforce in the US needs to be more educated in order to get a job in a country with higher expectations of jobs. But then again if black people are taking these jobs which earn more money and require better skills, then it kind of shows they're not genetically morons, right?

There are lots of factors here. What often happens is that the people who shout their mouths off that black people are this or that, are often the people who can't put lots of statistics together, look at the reality of each of the statistics within the context of the US and come to a decent conclusion.

It's easier to use one fact, make a short comment, one or two sentences, and proclaim that blacks are stupid, hey? But a lot of people do this on forums such as this. Not just with black people, but with everything. Hence why they love Trump, it's simple enough to understand.

1. Shouting Racist is dead. Sorry, that doesn't fly. If that means sometimes you have to make your case when racism is really actually present, blame the last 60 years of libs for killing it.

2. I went to school with plenty of blacks. They had the same environment I had. I had plenty of black neighbors. They had the same environment I had.

3. Plenty of people are talking about illegitimacy and how to avoid it. They are generally shouted down as racist or old fashioned or naive or ect ect ect.

4. The gap has narrowed some. Still pretty significant.

5. Nothing about pointing out the gap indicates that blacks are "genetically morons", that's a strawman.

6. If you think your strawmen explain Trump, you understand nothing about it.

1. Shouting Racist is dead. Sorry, that doesn't fly. If that means sometimes you have to make your case when racism is really actually present, blame the last 60 years of libs for killing it.

2. I went to school with plenty of blacks. They had the same environment I had. I had plenty of black neighbors. They had the same environment I had.

3. Plenty of people are talking about illegitimacy and how to avoid it. They are generally shouted down as racist or old fashioned or naive or ect ect ect.

5. Nothing about pointing out the gap indicates that blacks are "genetically morons", that's a strawman.

"Shouting Racist is dead." What?

How about if I say it in a clear and concise way backing it up with reasoned logic?

A racist is a racist, and if they are, I will say so.

So, you went to school with black people. Well done. So did I. I also went to school with plenty of white people, many of them failed in their studies. So what?

Illegitimacy might be an okay topic if it were about how to educated kids in how to be decent adults. But then the right shouts this down as doing the job of parents.

The gap has narrowed. So what? You're telling me stuff without any information.

And then you keep throwing out "strawman" as if this somehow acts as an argument. Try actually saying something useful next time.

How about if I say it in a clear and concise way backing it up with reasoned logic?

So, you went to school with black people. Well done. So did I. I also went to school with plenty of white people, many of them failed in their studies. So what?

Illegitimacy might be an okay topic if it were about how to educated kids in how to be decent adults. But then the right shouts this down as doing the job of parents.

And then you keep throwing out "strawman" as if this somehow acts as an argument. Try actually saying something useful next time.

1. Yep. Same way I can't just call some one a Pinko and have that be the end of the conversation. Deal with it.

2. So going on about their environment being so different doesn't fly.

3. "Educating kids"? "Parents"? Illegitimacy is a valid issue and the people that shout it down are from the Left. And it is one of, if not the, primary contributor to the difference in black/white poverty levels and many other social ills.

4. You told ME the gap narrowed. I pointed out that it was still significant.

5. Equating discussing the Gap with trying to call blacks "genetically morons" is a strawman. It is not related in any way to anything I said. What more is there to say about that?

I for the life of me cannot understand why people still cling to race science even though its been dismissed as pseudoscience, and all books about this topic receive harsh criticism and their methods to determine if race is a factor with intelligence is heavily questioned.

There is a reason why race science isn't taken seriously in the scientific community. One of the criticism some of the books get is by simply looking at white dominated countries and others that are not, and trying to compare them without much (if any) knowledge of the others history on why things are the way there are. A country is not going to be prosperous because its populated by whites, and a country will not necessarily fall apart because of lack of whites.

Why does NO ONE ever talk about human decision or free will? Why does everything have to be IQ? IQ is not morality. IQ is not the will to learn something. IQ is not persistence and practice. IQ is not overall intelligence, and anybody that tries to make it appear so is mislead.

IQ is such a tainted term that few will openly talk about it now. 'executive function' has taken its place. still hereditary, still racially divergent, but it doesnt bring down a ton of abuse for studying it or publishing the results.

1. Yep. Same way I can't just call some one a Pinko and have that be the end of the conversation. Deal with it.

3. "Educating kids"? "Parents"? Illegitimacy is a valid issue and the people that shout it down are from the Left. And it is one of, if not the, primary contributor to the difference in black/white poverty levels and many other social ills.

5. Equating discussing the Gap with trying to call blacks "genetically morons" is a strawman. It is not related in any way to anything I said. What more is there to say about that?

Do you actually want me to reply to what you've said? This is soundbite city and nothing you've said has enough substance to warrant a response.

Do you actually want me to reply to what you've said? This is soundbite city and nothing you've said has enough substance to warrant a response.

I responded seriously to each point you made. If you can't dispute anything I said, or offer any reason why my criticism of your points are not valid, you can concede all of them.

Save your Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Ridicule for someone who might fall for it.

Whoa this is the wrong thread for that.

Correll is the wrong person for that also, probably the worst person to ask for proof of anything

Here is one of the people that killed the Race Card for you, thought overuse.

If you want to bitch at someone, CC would be a valid choice.

Forum List

Back