Black Swan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs]YouTube - BLACK SWAN - Official HD trailer[/ame]

I've always loved Natalie Portmans acting, especially starting with "Where the Heart Is" where is the first movie I saw her in. (If you haven't seen it, its a great movie). But Black Swan totally blew me away. She deserved that award 100 times over for that part, wow.

Natalie Portman is amazing and so is Mila Kunis, but they should have cast my girl Scarlett Johannson as the lead. :thup:

Beautiful woman but doesn't have a dancers body, too top heavy.

It was only alright for me. Yes she did a great job acting it, but the story was lacking for me somehow.

I watched it, and it was interesting. Natalie Portman and Mila are always great.

Personally, I thought the story was stupid. I never did fully get it, it irritated me. It seemed to be a portrait of crazy people. The end I found RIDICULOUS. Completely balls to the wall silly.

It was only alright for me. Yes she did a great job acting it, but the story was lacking for me somehow.

i'm with you. the story seemed muddled and directionless. a lot of stuff happened, but truthfully when we got to the end of it i wondered what the point of most of the movie was.

i'm not saying it was a bad movie - but there was the potential for a much better movie.

I kept waiting for a plot, a hitch, something to tie the whole damn convoluted thing together, and it never came. I thought it was weird, over dramatized for no reason, and the ending left me thinking... "is that fucking it?!"

Horrible movie.

I kept waiting for a plot, a hitch, something to tie the whole damn convoluted thing together, and it never came. I thought it was weird, over dramatized for no reason, and the ending left me thinking... "is that fucking it?!"

Horrible movie.

Somehow I don't think the movie was aimed at you! Not quite Sons of Anarchy...:cool:

Natalie Portman is amazing and so is Mila Kunis, but they should have cast my girl Scarlett Johannson as the lead. :thup:

Beautiful woman but doesn't have a dancers body, too top heavy.

as pretty as she is, she also doesn't have the depth to play a role like that, imo.

natalie was perfect for the part, though i see the point about the story. but i guess i like darren aronofsky's films and a lot of them deal with the descent into madness issue. it seems to be compelling to him. so they're more character studies than anything else.

i loved his movie Pi.

I probably won't watch it cause movies about water fowl give me the creeps.

You wouldn't like this then. She periodically grows feathers out of her back, and finally turns into a fucking swan in the end, and the movie leaves you wondering if it's real or her imagination. Strange flick, very strange.

I probably won't watch it cause movies about water fowl give me the creeps.

You wouldn't like this then. She periodically grows feathers out of her back, and finally turns into a fucking swan in the end, and the movie leaves you wondering if it's real or her imagination. Strange flick, very strange.

Holy crap, I didn't wonder. She was a nutcase, and I don't find entire movies about nutcases particularly entertaining.

If I have to watch a loon, I should get paid.

Forum List

Back