black racism/stupidity alive and well (see article)

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
Jena 6 case wrapped up with plea bargain - Yahoo! News

JENA, La. – Five members of the Jena Six have pleaded no contest to misdemeanor simple battery and were sentenced to seven days probation and fined $500 plus court costs.

It was a far less severe end to their cases than seemed possible when the six students were initially charged with attempted murder in a 2006 attack on Justin Barker. They became known as the "Jena Six," after the central Louisiana town where the beating happened.

That's America today:

If you're black, you've got license to stomp a white kid nearly to death and then make it look like YOU are the victim because the prosecutor charged you.

If you're white... you're a sitting duck for a severe beating, and if you complain, YOU are the racist.

And people wonder how I turned into such an evil "racist"!

JENA, La. – Five members of the Jena Six have pleaded no contest to misdemeanor simple battery and were sentenced to seven days probation and fined $500 plus court costs.

It was a far less severe end to their cases than seemed possible when the six students were initially charged with attempted murder in a 2006 attack on Justin Barker. They became known as the "Jena Six," after the central Louisiana town where the beating happened.

I read the article and I saw no mention of racism nor any racism on the part of the sentences. Did I miss something?

I read the article and I saw no mention of racism nor any racism on the part of the sentences. Did I miss something?
The Jena Six are a group of six black teenagers charged (five of the six subsequently pleaded no contest [1]

) with the beating of Justin Barker, a white student at Jena High School in Jena, Louisiana, United States, on December 4, 2006. Barker was injured, but was released from the emergency room the same day.[1] He has since brought suit against members of the Jena Six, their parents, the school district, and others allegedly involved.[2] A number of events took place in and around Jena in the months preceding the Barker assault, which have been linked to an alleged escalation of racial tensions. These events included the hanging of nooses from a tree in the high school courtyard, two violent confrontations between white and black youths, and the destruction by fire of the main building of Jena High School. The incidents were often linked in the extensive news coverage regarding the Jena Six.[3]

Jena Six - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Jena Six are a group of six black teenagers charged (five of the six subsequently pleaded no contest [1]

) with the beating of Justin Barker, a white student at Jena High School in Jena, Louisiana, United States, on December 4, 2006. Barker was injured, but was released from the emergency room the same day.[1] He has since brought suit against members of the Jena Six, their parents, the school district, and others allegedly involved.[2] A number of events took place in and around Jena in the months preceding the Barker assault, which have been linked to an alleged escalation of racial tensions. These events included the hanging of nooses from a tree in the high school courtyard, two violent confrontations between white and black youths, and the destruction by fire of the main building of Jena High School. The incidents were often linked in the extensive news coverage regarding the Jena Six.[3]

I'm aware of the event and the circumstances surrounding it, but the OP said to read the article for what I thought was the racism he was referring to.

HA! charles bass calls someone ELSE a chimp! Urban monkeys must not comprehend what the word irony means.

I drove all through Mississippi this weekend, apeface. Strait up 55. I'm looking forward to exploring all the delta blues locations in that state next summer.

HA! charles bass calls someone ELSE a chimp! Urban monkeys must not comprehend what the word irony means.

I drove all through Mississippi this weekend, apeface. Strait up 55. I'm looking forward to exploring all the delta blues locations in that state next summer.

Sure you did you knuckle dragging savage baboon, tell the Bass anything.

think what you want to, tar baby. Mobile, Al to Jackson, Ms to Memphis, Tn to good ole St. L.

and, for real, dude... when you insinuate someone else is baboonish it's like a snowman calling someone else cold.

Racism in this case? No! Look the beat the kid to a bloody plump with their bare hands, no weapons. Yes there were 6 on 1, but attempted murder seems very harsh for a victim that got out of the hospital the same night and was able to go to school the next day! This should have been a battery the whole time. Kids fight! It happens. If these kids had a long rap sheet I would have understood the attempt of murder, but none of them did. In fact all but 1 graduated and is headed to college.

The black kids should have gotten probation and convicted of battery and the white kid should have sued and got restitution (which he did and which he received)!

As part of the deal, one of the attorneys read a statement from the five defendants in which they said they knew of nothing Barker had done to provoke the attack.

"To be clear, not one of us heard Justin use any slur or say anything that justified Mychal Bell attacking Justin nor did any of us see Justin do anything that would cause Mychal to react," the statement said.

hauntingly familiar right? smacks of "Reginald Denney" they should name something after "Reginald Denney" something along the lines of senseless savage brutality syndrome." What a legacy of hate huh? :lol:

my point was the continued racism of the black community, highlighted by this event.

I'm aware of the event and the circumstances surrounding it, but the OP said to read the article for what I thought was the racism he was referring to.

my point was the continued racism of the black community, highlighted by this event.
Six kids do not make a community. And from my understanding, this entire situation was from the racism of people in the black AND white communities (look up the noose incident). This particular incident was nationalized because of the assualt and battery of a high and aggravated nature by the black kids. They attacked what appeared to be an innocent white kid because of the seething hatred between some whites AND some blacks at the school AND in the community. It's not indicative of blacks as a whole nor does it represent black communities. Racists in all communities are problems. Some act on their hatred and some just pass on the hatred for others to act on. The racists should be separated from the rest of the civilized people to hash out thier differences by any means necessary. When they attack the innocent people, they then affect how those people view other races and racism in general.

I'm happy those kids got off. They didn't deserve the charge.

Just remember OJ would be in jail right now if people weren't racist.

Forum List

Back