Birth Control and Boycotts

Cue Sarah Palin: "The liberals are attacking our 1st Amendment rights.".... by exercising their first amendment right to encourage others to boycott a business...

With these boycotts instigated by the exercising of religious rights, it seems like the 1st Amendment is alive and well in the U.S. We are all exercising it as we see fit.

This individual doesn't care to pay for others' contraception or abortions through taxes.

Please, please, please use my taxes to pay for as many abortions as possible.

In fact, I'll pay extra if they promise it all goes to abortions.

Hell, if the locals high schools would let me, I'd put a candy bowl full of Plan B in the front office and girls restroom.

Wait, wait...This gives me an idea for a new Charity:

"Plan A - we put Plan B in all American Schools."

43,000,000 women in this country would like to control their families and their bodies. And they vote.

Contraceptive Use in the United States

So why are some of them demanding the government and their employers have control of their families and their bodies?

See, the real deal is they want everyone else to pay for their decisions, whether they be good or bad decisions.

Gimme, gimme, gimme. And make that guy over there pay for it.

Or else.

It's textbook extortion.

I dropped out of high school. Pay for my health insurance.

I had unprotected sex and got pregnant. Pay for my kid or I will kill it.

I don't want to use my paycheck to pay for stuff I think I need. YOU pay for it.

If you don't do these things I will say you are trying to control my body and are waging a war on women.

EXTORTION.

See, the real deal is they want everyone else to pay for their decisions, whether they be good or bad decisions.

Or else.

It's textbook extortion.

Women don't take a lot of ED drugs or get many prostate exams, but they pay for them eh...

This individual doesn't care to pay for others' contraception or abortions through taxes.

Please, please, please use my taxes to pay for as many abortions as possible.

In fact, I'll pay extra if they promise it all goes to abortions.

Hell, if the locals high schools would let me, I'd put a candy bowl full of Plan B in the front office and girls restroom.

Wait, wait...This gives me an idea for a new Charity:

"Plan A - we put Plan B in all American Schools."

More weeds to be cleared?

Or else.

It's textbook extortion.

Women don't take a lot of ED drugs or get many prostate exams, but they pay for them eh...

I don't believe employers should be sponsoring health insurance, so you are barking up the wrong tree.

This is how it should be: You get a paycheck, you spend it as you see fit. NO ONE has control over what insurance coverage you get except YOU. When you are the only one making decisions that affect your health care, you make much better decisions. Gee, I better not drop out of high school or I'm fucked. Gee, I better use birth control if I am going to have sex.

See how that works?

Last edited:
Wait... I thought there were still sixteen forms of birth control available to Hobby Lobby employees...

That doesn't strike me as "not covering birth control..."

Or do I have some bad information?

Or else.

It's textbook extortion.

I don't believe employers should be sponsoring health insurance, so you are barking up the wrong tree.
I agree. Universal Single-payer is the way to go...

And the tree is correct, we all pay something for what we ourselves do not use...

Wait... I thought there were still sixteen forms of birth control available to Hobby Lobby employees...

That doesn't strike me as "not covering birth control..."

Or do I have some bad information?

That is correct.

I agree. Universal Single-payer is the way to go...

That would be doubling down on the retardation. Handing total control over to the government. It does not get dumber than that.

Oh, sorry! Political budget cuts. We are going to have to forego that breast cancer screening you needed.

Last edited:

Or else.

It's textbook extortion.

This is how it should be: You get a paycheck, you spend it as you see fit. NO ONE has control over what insurance coverage you get except YOU. When you are the only one making decisions that affect your health care, you make much better decisions. Gee, I better not drop out of high school or I'm fucked. Gee, I better use birth control if I am going to have sex.

See how that works?

Insurance companies prefer group plans also. Easier to track, fewer employees needed to handle. I respect your opinion, but there are two sides to the issue. Why be saddled with the insurance your employer chooses? Because many do not make enough to afford anything but, or get on Medicaid.

See how that works?

Insurance companies prefer group plans also. Easier to track, fewer employees needed to handle. I respect your opinion, but there are two sides to the issue. Why be saddled with the insurance your employer chooses? Because many do not make enough to afford anything but, or get on Medicaid.

Wages would adjust if employers didn't have to divert so much money to sponsoring health insurance.

If you work for a small company, your employer has almost no bargaining leverage with the insurance company.

Likewise, when an insurance company is geographically limited by the government, it has that much less leverage with the health care provider.

You should be buying health insurance the same way you choose your auto insurance. YOU decide what and how much you want. Not your boss, not the government. YOU.

You become a wiser consumer when your outcomes are dependent on the choices you make in life. When we disconnect consequences from our choices, we encourage irresponsibility, poor choices, and an entitlement mentality.

And here we are. People thinking they are entitled to birth control from their employer! From their employer!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back