Bipartisan budget agreement: I win, you win, taxpayers lose

So if this bill passes, I don't want to hear you libs stating that the out of control spending is all Trump's fault.
What happens under a President's "watch" is their responsibility. If partisans want to play that game for their advantage, they have to take the bad with the good. Or they're just blatant hypocrites.

Here's an easy fix for the GOP: No tax cuts until spending cuts are in place. Have your candidates run on gutting Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid and a few dozen departments. Let's see if they win. If they do, make those cuts first, THEN cut taxes.

Until then, the "party of fiscal responsibility" is a fraud, playing bait and switch. And their flock is swallowing it.

Easy fix there.

Really? So what do you suggest cutting that the Democrats would agree with besides the military?
That's not the point.

If you're so sure that making the cuts I mentioned will get Republicans elected in droves, you won't have to worry about the Democrats. You'll win big!

The GOP is either "the party of fiscal responsibility", or it's a bunch of economic hypocrites.

It's time to shit or get off the pot.

I go back to a scenario Dr Walter Williams created years ago.

"I am going to run for a federal elected office. My platform will be I will bring nothing home to my state. In fact, I will vote against any spending bill. Would you vote for me?"
Run with it!

Cut spending first. THEN cut taxes.

So if this bill passes, I don't want to hear you libs stating that the out of control spending is all Trump's fault.
What happens under a President's "watch" is their responsibility. If partisans want to play that game for their advantage, they have to take the bad with the good. Or they're just blatant hypocrites.

Here's an easy fix for the GOP: No tax cuts until spending cuts are in place. Have your candidates run on gutting Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid and a few dozen departments. Let's see if they win. If they do, make those cuts first, THEN cut taxes.

Until then, the "party of fiscal responsibility" is a fraud, playing bait and switch. And their flock is swallowing it.

Easy fix there.

Really? So what do you suggest cutting that the Democrats would agree with besides the military?
That's not the point.

If you're so sure that making the cuts I mentioned will get Republicans elected in droves, you won't have to worry about the Democrats. You'll win big!

The GOP is either "the party of fiscal responsibility", or it's a bunch of economic hypocrites.

It's time to shit or get off the pot.

I go back to a scenario Dr Walter Williams created years ago.

"I am going to run for a federal elected office. My platform will be I will bring nothing home to my state. In fact, I will vote against any spending bill. Would you vote for me?"
Run with it!

Cut spending first. THEN cut taxes.

Fine with me. Write to your Democrat leaders and ask them what they will cut for you.

And the wall that Americans voted for... no money for that. Instead free health care for illegals and whatever other stupidity is on the essential democrat vote buying programs.

And you god is going to sign it and brag about it while doing so...sucks to be you.

Do your really think that if Trump offered to cut military spending by 20 billion, the Democrats would do the same with social spending?

There is only one way for Trump to get anything he wants, and that is to give Democrats what they want.

As I told the others, you people that give your party/guy a free pass are the problem. The wingnuts from both sides blame the other side and never hold their side accountable, and thus nothing ever changes.

Till you people on both sides quit doing so, we will continue to add debt at records levels.

Yes, and only one side always seems to get the blame for it.

Yes you are correct. Your side blames the other side and the other side blames your side and it never changes because neither side will hold their own accountable.

And the wall that Americans voted for... no money for that. Instead free health care for illegals and whatever other stupidity is on the essential democrat vote buying programs.

And you god is going to sign it and brag about it while doing so...sucks to be you.

Do your really think that if Trump offered to cut military spending by 20 billion, the Democrats would do the same with social spending?

There is only one way for Trump to get anything he wants, and that is to give Democrats what they want.

As I told the others, you people that give your party/guy a free pass are the problem. The wingnuts from both sides blame the other side and never hold their side accountable, and thus nothing ever changes.

Till you people on both sides quit doing so, we will continue to add debt at records levels.

Ray, did you notice that the Democrats have completely IGNORED post 26?

They don't want to address the actual numbers because they are too busy being a democrat, when they should be a freethinking American instead. Party ideology doesn't address reality well as they have special interests to maintain and protect, this REDUCES the need for the pursuit of the truth and reality to be the guiding principle,

Being truly free from ideology must be a frightening thing for them to consider.

Write to your Democrat leaders and ask them what they will cut for you.
They're not the ones fooling their naive constituents into thinking they're going to cut spending.

Oh, so they bear no responsibility even though Democrats have the country's checkbook.

So Trump cuts X hundreds of billions, half of it from Democrat interests. The government shutdown again. Now what? Do you think the media will ever say Democrats shut the government down? Again I ask, when did Democrats ever get blamed for shutting down the government by the media????

Ray, did you notice that the Democrats have completely IGNORED post 26?

They don't want to address the actual numbers because they are too busy being a democrat, when they should be a freethinking American instead. Party ideology doesn't address reality well as they have special interests to maintain and protect, this REDUCES the need for the pursuit of the truth and reality to be the guiding principle,

Being truly free from ideology must be a frightening thing for them to consider.

The Democrats have a solution to that problem: Medicare for all.

This is what I call my Ray from Cleveland's raccoon theory.

You see a hungry raccoon digging in your garbage can. So you go inside the house and fetch that quarter ham you were going to throw away at the end of the week anyhow. You give it to the animal and he eats in delight. Now give it about 20 seconds and try to take that ham away from him.

The problem with social programs is everybody from the left and right are afraid to touch them. Once you give somebody something, it's rightfully theirs. Taking it away from people will only get your hand chewed up.

Democrats are well aware of this. That's why they want to make people as dependent on government as they can, because they know whatever they give away, it will be impossible to take back, and Republicans will have the same fear.

They're not the ones fooling their naive constituents into thinking they're going to cut spending.

Oh, so they bear no responsibility even though Democrats have the country's checkbook.

So Trump cuts X hundreds of billions, half of it from Democrat interests. The government shutdown again. Now what? Do you think the media will ever say Democrats shut the government down? Again I ask, when did Democrats ever get blamed for shutting down the government by the media????

Both sides bear responsibility, yet you only give it to one side.

The Republicans held up Obama, the Dems are holding up Trump.

Peas in a pod.

Both sides bear responsibility, yet you only give it to one side.

Didn't you read the OP? I said both sides are responsible. It's why I created the topic. But the truth of the matter is only Republicans get the blame thanks to their partners in the MSM.

The Republicans held up Obama, the Dems are holding up Trump.

Peas in a pod.

I don't recall anything but fighting between the congressional Republicans and DumBama when it came to spending. I also don't recall DumBama giving anything major to the Republicans.

In this article, it states that both Trump and Piglosi are delighted with the agreement.

the Bowles-Simpson plan is the only way to balance the budget.

it identifies 2 trillion dollars in corporate loopholes

i also like Jim Jordan's cut, cap and balance plan. its as simple as snap crackle & pop!
You can’t bitch about being short money you are spending because you can’t rob enough people.

The Trump administration and congressional leaders, including Democrats, have reached a critical debt and budget agreement that all but eliminates the risk of another government shut down this fall -- but that has already drawn fierce blowback from fiscal conservatives worried about overspending, as well as progressives unhappy with where the money could go.

The deal announced Monday evening, which requires congressional approval, would increase spending caps by $320 billion relative to the limits prescribed in the 2011 Budget Control Act, whose spending-control provisions have been repeatedly waived since 2014. It also would suspend the debt ceiling and permit more government borrowing until July 31, 2021 -- after the next presidential election.

In the end, domestic programs would on average receive 4-percent increases in the first year of the pact, with much of those gains eaten up by veterans increases and an unavoidable surge for the U.S. Census. Defense would jump to $738 billion next year, a 3-percent hike.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, a Republican, called the deal a "huge mistake" because it gets rid of automatic spending cuts.

“Democrats are also pleased to have secured robust funding for critical domestic priorities in this agreement," they said. "Democrats have always insisted on parity in increases between defense and non-defense, and we are pleased that our increase in non-defense budget authority exceeds the defense number by $10 billion over the next two years. It also means Democrats secured an increase of more than $100 billion in funding for domestic priorities since President Trump took office."

"I'm worried the House is willing to give him far too much discretion to take money and move it anywhere he wants including a wall," Leahy, D-Vt., told The Washington Post. "So the way it is now I will not vote for it. . . . The other 99 can vote for it, I won’t."

Trump announces 'real compromise' on budget deal, as fiscal hawks and some Dems cry foul

This is what a mixed party government looks like. To get what I want, I have to give you something that you want. In the end, it increases deficits and debt that will be a burden on all future taxpayers.

I get so sick of the uninformed voters placing blame on out of control spending exclusively on the President. In a mixed party government, everybody is responsible. If the President gets all what he wants and the Democrats get little, the government shuts down. If the Democrats get the largest piece of the cake and the President a slice, the government shuts down.

The Trump administration and congressional leaders, including Democrats, have reached a critical debt and budget agreement that all but eliminates the risk of another government shut down this fall -- but that has already drawn fierce blowback from fiscal conservatives worried about overspending, as well as progressives unhappy with where the money could go.

The deal announced Monday evening, which requires congressional approval, would increase spending caps by $320 billion relative to the limits prescribed in the 2011 Budget Control Act, whose spending-control provisions have been repeatedly waived since 2014. It also would suspend the debt ceiling and permit more government borrowing until July 31, 2021 -- after the next presidential election.

In the end, domestic programs would on average receive 4-percent increases in the first year of the pact, with much of those gains eaten up by veterans increases and an unavoidable surge for the U.S. Census. Defense would jump to $738 billion next year, a 3-percent hike.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, a Republican, called the deal a "huge mistake" because it gets rid of automatic spending cuts.

“Democrats are also pleased to have secured robust funding for critical domestic priorities in this agreement," they said. "Democrats have always insisted on parity in increases between defense and non-defense, and we are pleased that our increase in non-defense budget authority exceeds the defense number by $10 billion over the next two years. It also means Democrats secured an increase of more than $100 billion in funding for domestic priorities since President Trump took office."

"I'm worried the House is willing to give him far too much discretion to take money and move it anywhere he wants including a wall," Leahy, D-Vt., told The Washington Post. "So the way it is now I will not vote for it. . . . The other 99 can vote for it, I won’t."

Trump announces 'real compromise' on budget deal, as fiscal hawks and some Dems cry foul

This is what a mixed party government looks like. To get what I want, I have to give you something that you want. In the end, it increases deficits and debt that will be a burden on all future taxpayers.

I get so sick of the uninformed voters placing blame on out of control spending exclusively on the President. In a mixed party government, everybody is responsible. If the President gets all what he wants and the Democrats get little, the government shuts down. If the Democrats get the largest piece of the cake and the President a slice, the government shuts down.

Just when Democrats are trying to get traction from whining about the debt.....they reach an agreement to instead of letting spending caps kick in next year in July....they get an increase in spending of over $300 billion dollars.

So this act literally takes all of the air out of their "TRUMP IS SPENDING TOO MUCH" argument.

After all the whining about the tax cut, when the dems have the "power of the purse" in Congress, the deficit increases!! The dems didn't insist on raising the top tax rate?! WTF? The Budget Deficit is $1T now!! Medicare and SS are going bankrupt. I can see how Trump wouldn't want big spending cuts or tax increases, but the dems are more guilty since they ran on restraining Trump's spending in 2018.

Uh, sorry, the problem IS Trump's tax cuts, which the Democrats can't do all that much about.

after the economy crashes and Trump is gone, we'll see those get rolled back.

Uh, sorry about having to destroy you again(not really it's easy). Over 80% of Americans got a tax cut under Trump. The ones who paid more were the RICH, who you idiots always cried had to pay more anyway. So those were just more empty words from lefties.
How is that tax cut working out for you?

After all the whining about the tax cut, when the dems have the "power of the purse" in Congress, the deficit increases!! The dems didn't insist on raising the top tax rate?! WTF? The Budget Deficit is $1T now!! Medicare and SS are going bankrupt. I can see how Trump wouldn't want big spending cuts or tax increases, but the dems are more guilty since they ran on restraining Trump's spending in 2018.

Uh, sorry, the problem IS Trump's tax cuts, which the Democrats can't do all that much about.

after the economy crashes and Trump is gone, we'll see those get rolled back.

Uh, sorry about having to destroy you again(not really it's easy). Over 80% of Americans got a tax cut under Trump. The ones who paid more were the RICH, who you idiots always cried had to pay more anyway. So those were just more empty words from lefties.
How is that tax cut working out for you?

Worked out great for me, especially when I filed my taxes this year.

Just when Democrats are trying to get traction from whining about the debt.....they reach an agreement to instead of letting spending caps kick in next year in July....they get an increase in spending of over $300 billion dollars.

So this act literally takes all of the air out of their "TRUMP IS SPENDING TOO MUCH" argument.

I'm keeping this around so in the future when Democrats try to blame Trump alone, I can point to this budget that the Democrat party was more than happy to get.

I'm keeping this around so in the future when Democrats try to blame Trump alone, I can point to this budget that the Democrat party was more than happy to get.
Republicans are Elephants with long memories.

Democrats are jackasses without memories.

Republicans are Elephants with long memories.

Democrats are jackasses without memories.

Already I see several libs posting topics about "Trump's" deficit. Then they wonder why we call them the uninformed voters.

Forum List

Back