Bipartisan budget agreement: I win, you win, taxpayers lose

I guess the debt will not be dealt with under the Trump administration...

And the wall that Americans voted for... no money for that. Instead free health care for illegals and whatever other stupidity is on the essential democrat vote buying programs.

And you god is going to sign it and brag about it while doing so...sucks to be you.

Compared to being the self-hating Gator, being me is a winning ticket.

These traitors will be dealt with.

By traitors you mean your god Trump who is happy with the deal?

Has Trump committed treason?

No, so then the answer is no. Don't ask stupid questions gator. I am talking about the treasonous Americans who prefer their country invaded. People such as yourself who failed to defend the country are simply losers. There is a lot that you could learn from the God-Emperor.

I spent 20 plus years defending the country from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Unlike you I do not put a party or a man before the country or the constitution.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. You failed. Let the enemy march right through.

This is "GG" in action:

And you god is going to sign it and brag about it while doing so...sucks to be you.

Compared to being the self-hating Gator, being me is a winning ticket.

These traitors will be dealt with.

By traitors you mean your god Trump who is happy with the deal?

Has Trump committed treason?

No, so then the answer is no. Don't ask stupid questions gator. I am talking about the treasonous Americans who prefer their country invaded. People such as yourself who failed to defend the country are simply losers. There is a lot that you could learn from the God-Emperor.

I spent 20 plus years defending the country from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Unlike you I do not put a party or a man before the country or the constitution.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. You failed. Let the enemy march right through.

This is "GG" in action:

Well, sadly the civilian powers will not allow the military to do its primary function and defend this nation.

Were it up to me the military would secure the border and we would not have an illegal immigrant crisis.

After all the whining about the tax cut, when the dems have the "power of the purse" in Congress, the deficit increases!! The dems didn't insist on raising the top tax rate?! WTF? The Budget Deficit is $1T now!! Medicare and SS are going bankrupt. I can see how Trump wouldn't want big spending cuts or tax increases, but the dems are more guilty since they ran on restraining Trump's spending in 2018.

It was the Democrats who created these budget busting programs in the first place. It is nearly politically impossible to deal with them effectively because it has become so ingrained into the public dependence on it, from The Balance.

Current Federal Mandatory Spending

By Kimberly Amadeo
Updated April 24, 2019

Excerpt:

Mandatory spending is estimated to be $2.841 trillion for FY 2020. The two largest mandatory programs are Social Security and Medicare. That's 60% of all federal spending. It's almost three times more than the military budget.

Congress established mandatory programs under so-called authorization laws. These laws also mandated that Congress must appropriate whatever funds are needed to keep the programs running. The mandatory portion of the U.S. budget estimates how much it will cost to fulfill these authorization laws. These estimates are made by the Office of Management and Budget.

LINK
========================================
They did it to themselves, a relic of having a bunch of lawyers with ZERO economic backgrounds to pass laws that are destructive in the long term.

The Trump administration and congressional leaders, including Democrats, have reached a critical debt and budget agreement that all but eliminates the risk of another government shut down this fall -- but that has already drawn fierce blowback from fiscal conservatives worried about overspending, as well as progressives unhappy with where the money could go.

The deal announced Monday evening, which requires congressional approval, would increase spending caps by $320 billion relative to the limits prescribed in the 2011 Budget Control Act, whose spending-control provisions have been repeatedly waived since 2014. It also would suspend the debt ceiling and permit more government borrowing until July 31, 2021 -- after the next presidential election.

In the end, domestic programs would on average receive 4-percent increases in the first year of the pact, with much of those gains eaten up by veterans increases and an unavoidable surge for the U.S. Census. Defense would jump to $738 billion next year, a 3-percent hike.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, a Republican, called the deal a "huge mistake" because it gets rid of automatic spending cuts.

“Democrats are also pleased to have secured robust funding for critical domestic priorities in this agreement," they said. "Democrats have always insisted on parity in increases between defense and non-defense, and we are pleased that our increase in non-defense budget authority exceeds the defense number by $10 billion over the next two years. It also means Democrats secured an increase of more than $100 billion in funding for domestic priorities since President Trump took office."

"I'm worried the House is willing to give him far too much discretion to take money and move it anywhere he wants including a wall," Leahy, D-Vt., told The Washington Post. "So the way it is now I will not vote for it. . . . The other 99 can vote for it, I won’t."

Trump announces 'real compromise' on budget deal, as fiscal hawks and some Dems cry foul

This is what a mixed party government looks like. To get what I want, I have to give you something that you want. In the end, it increases deficits and debt that will be a burden on all future taxpayers.

I get so sick of the uninformed voters placing blame on out of control spending exclusively on the President. In a mixed party government, everybody is responsible. If the President gets all what he wants and the Democrats get little, the government shuts down. If the Democrats get the largest piece of the cake and the President a slice, the government shuts down.

So if this bill passes, I don't want to hear you libs stating that the out of control spending is all Trump's fault.

Sadly, this is true...but also, there was no other choice but Trump....as bad as this is, having democrats in control of the White House is far worse...... It is a case of holding the line as best we can till we can find someone better....

The Trump administration and congressional leaders, including Democrats, have reached a critical debt and budget agreement that all but eliminates the risk of another government shut down this fall -- but that has already drawn fierce blowback from fiscal conservatives worried about overspending, as well as progressives unhappy with where the money could go.

The deal announced Monday evening, which requires congressional approval, would increase spending caps by $320 billion relative to the limits prescribed in the 2011 Budget Control Act, whose spending-control provisions have been repeatedly waived since 2014. It also would suspend the debt ceiling and permit more government borrowing until July 31, 2021 -- after the next presidential election.

In the end, domestic programs would on average receive 4-percent increases in the first year of the pact, with much of those gains eaten up by veterans increases and an unavoidable surge for the U.S. Census. Defense would jump to $738 billion next year, a 3-percent hike.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, a Republican, called the deal a "huge mistake" because it gets rid of automatic spending cuts.

“Democrats are also pleased to have secured robust funding for critical domestic priorities in this agreement," they said. "Democrats have always insisted on parity in increases between defense and non-defense, and we are pleased that our increase in non-defense budget authority exceeds the defense number by $10 billion over the next two years. It also means Democrats secured an increase of more than $100 billion in funding for domestic priorities since President Trump took office."

"I'm worried the House is willing to give him far too much discretion to take money and move it anywhere he wants including a wall," Leahy, D-Vt., told The Washington Post. "So the way it is now I will not vote for it. . . . The other 99 can vote for it, I won’t."

Trump announces 'real compromise' on budget deal, as fiscal hawks and some Dems cry foul

This is what a mixed party government looks like. To get what I want, I have to give you something that you want. In the end, it increases deficits and debt that will be a burden on all future taxpayers.

I get so sick of the uninformed voters placing blame on out of control spending exclusively on the President. In a mixed party government, everybody is responsible. If the President gets all what he wants and the Democrats get little, the government shuts down. If the Democrats get the largest piece of the cake and the President a slice, the government shuts down.

So if this bill passes, I don't want to hear you libs stating that the out of control spending is all Trump's fault.

Sadly, this is true...but also, there was no other choice but Trump....as bad as this is, having democrats in control of the White House is far worse...... It is a case of holding the line as best we can till we can find someone better....

If Democrats were totally in charge, our military budget would be slashed and triple the amount for social programs, and we'd be in a worse position than today.

I guess the debt will not be dealt with under the Trump administration...

Perhaps not, but look at who he's trying to deal with.

Can anybody name a government shutdown that was ever blamed on the Democrats? If it's a Republican Congress and a Democrat President, the Republican Congress shut the government down. If it's a Democrat Congress and a Republican President, the Republican President shut the government down.

It's tough to make deals when nearly the entire media is owned by the Democrat party.

And the wall that Americans voted for... no money for that. Instead free health care for illegals and whatever other stupidity is on the essential democrat vote buying programs.

Do your really think that if Trump offered to cut military spending by 20 billion, the Democrats would do the same with social spending?

There is only one way for Trump to get anything he wants, and that is to give Democrats what they want.

After all the whining about the tax cut, when the dems have the "power of the purse" in Congress, the deficit increases!! The dems didn't insist on raising the top tax rate?! WTF? The Budget Deficit is $1T now!! Medicare and SS are going bankrupt. I can see how Trump wouldn't want big spending cuts or tax increases, but the dems are more guilty since they ran on restraining Trump's spending in 2018.

The deficit under Trump before the Dems took back the House was 35% higher than the last 3 years of the previous admin and yet you still cannot bring yourself to point your finger at Trump.

So who was running Congress those last three years?

Do your really think that if Trump offered to cut military spending by 20 billion, the Democrats would do the same with social spending?

There is only one way for Trump to get anything he wants, and that is to give Democrats what they want.

As I told the others, you people that give your party/guy a free pass are the problem. The wingnuts from both sides blame the other side and never hold their side accountable, and thus nothing ever changes.

Till you people on both sides quit doing so, we will continue to add debt at records levels.

The deficit under Trump before the Dems took back the House was 35% higher than the last 3 years of the previous admin and yet you still cannot bring yourself to point your finger at Trump.

So who was running Congress those last three years?

The same people that were running it under Trump the first 2 years.

Seems the only thing that changed was who was sitting in the White House.

What happens under a President's "watch" is their responsibility. If partisans want to play that game for their advantage, they have to take the bad with the good. Or they're just blatant hypocrites.

Here's an easy fix for the GOP: No tax cuts until spending cuts are in place. Have your candidates run on gutting Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid and a few dozen departments. Let's see if they win. If they do, make those cuts first, THEN cut taxes.

Until then, the "party of fiscal responsibility" is a fraud, playing bait and switch. And their flock is swallowing it.

Easy fix there.

Really? So what do you suggest cutting that the Democrats would agree with besides the military?

What happens under a President's "watch" is their responsibility. If partisans want to play that game for their advantage, they have to take the bad with the good. Or they're just blatant hypocrites.

Here's an easy fix for the GOP: No tax cuts until spending cuts are in place. Have your candidates run on gutting Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid and a few dozen departments. Let's see if they win. If they do, make those cuts first, THEN cut taxes.

Until then, the "party of fiscal responsibility" is a fraud, playing bait and switch. And their flock is swallowing it.

Easy fix there.

Really? So what do you suggest cutting that the Democrats would agree with besides the military?
That's not the point.

If you're so sure that making the cuts I mentioned will get Republicans elected in droves, you won't have to worry about the Democrats. You'll win big!

The GOP is either "the party of fiscal responsibility", or it's a bunch of economic hypocrites.

It's time to shit or get off the pot.

As I told the others, you people that give your party/guy a free pass are the problem. The wingnuts from both sides blame the other side and never hold their side accountable, and thus nothing ever changes.

Till you people on both sides quit doing so, we will continue to add debt at records levels.

Yes, and only one side always seems to get the blame for it.

Uh, sorry, the problem IS Trump's tax cuts, which the Democrats can't do all that much about.

after the economy crashes and Trump is gone, we'll see those get rolled back.

Uh, sorry about having to destroy you again(not really it's easy). Over 80% of Americans got a tax cut under Trump. The ones who paid more were the RICH, who you idiots always cried had to pay more anyway. So those were just more empty words from lefties.

Easy fix there.

That's not the point.

If you're so sure that making the cuts I mentioned will get Republicans elected in droves, you won't have to worry about the Democrats. You'll win big!

The GOP is either "the party of fiscal responsibility", or it's a bunch of economic hypocrites.

It's time to shit or get off the pot.

I go back to a scenario Dr Walter Williams created years ago.

"I am going to run for a federal elected office. My platform will be I will bring nothing home to my state. In fact, I will vote against any spending bill. Would you vote for me?"

Forum List

Back