Billy Graham Purchases Ads

Dry your tears, and answer as close to 'truth' as you can come....do you suppose that women who have been raped might fear the political power, media power, and physical power of the governor...or the President of the United States?

Ummm, no, not really. I think it's far more likely women will make stuff up when it's someone famous to get their 15 minutes of fame. Like that woman who said she was the mother of Justin Beiber's child. Until DNA proved otherwise.

No?

"drag a $20 through a trailer park and this is what you get....."

Of course, I read 'Blood Sport,' by Stewart....and you didn't.

Naw, back when I was right wing, I read all the bullshit stuff the right dragged out about Clinton.

And most of it was bullshit.

What I remember about Clinton today is that I had a pretty good life when he was president.

It should also be pointed out that Paula Jones herself (the person the "drag a $100 through a trailer park was directed at) indeed has admitted she was used.

It should also be pointed out that the guy who spread a lot of these rumors was David Brock, who now runs Media Matters after he discovered that he was just being used.

"What I remember about Clinton today is that I had a pretty good life when he was president."

While having nothing to do with the question at hand, it is an inadvertent explanation of your lack of honesty: how you felt was all that's important.

And....as feeling rather than knowing is your watchword, it lends credence to the thought ha you were never other than Liberal.

Very human....just not terribly respectable.

You will be calling the EC illegitimate in two weeks. :lol:

You see.....right there is the danger one runs into when he judges others by himself.
You skipped a post.

It just eats you alive every time i expose you as a faux intellectual. :lol:

"Intellectual"?

I don't recall ever applying said term to myself....but I do get a kick out of it whenever you Lefties attach it to moi.
An inadvertent compliment.

Those of us on the Right often use 'intellectual,' or 'elite' in the pejorative, as follows:

"Unlike advocates of the more conservative, constrained vision, this intellectual vanguard tends to take the “benefits of civilization for granted.” The “vision of the anointed” lacks respect for the wisdom inherent in experience and common opinion. Its practitioners value abstractions—dreams for a peaceful, egalitarian world where conflicts have been overcome—over the “tacit knowledge” available to the parent, the consumer, the entrepreneur, and the citizen.

Sowell vigorously defends wisdom—practical reason—against an abstract rationalism that values ideas over the experience of actual human beings. Intellectuals, he argues, are particularly suspicious of the ties ordinary men and women feel to family, religion, and country. They look down upon “objective reality and objective criteria” in the social sciences, art, music, and philosophy. Their “systems” tend to be self-referential and lack accountability in the external world."
From a review of Intellectuals and Society, by Thomas Sowell (Basic Books, 416 pp., $29.95)

Are you napping?
"It just eats you alive every time i expose you..."
According to Freud, wish fulfillment takes place during sleep.

You know, don't you, that you have zero effects on my mood.
An "intellectual" post might.....you have quite a ways to go.

You see.....right there is the danger one runs into when he judges others by himself.
You skipped a post.

"Intellectual"?

I don't recall ever applying said term to myself....but I do get a kick out of it whenever you Lefties attach it to moi.

Those of us on the Right often use 'intellectual,' or 'elite' in the pejorative, as follows:

"Unlike advocates of the more conservative, constrained vision, this intellectual vanguard tends to take the “benefits of civilization for granted.” The “vision of the anointed” lacks respect for the wisdom inherent in experience and common opinion. Its practitioners value abstractions—dreams for a peaceful, egalitarian world where conflicts have been overcome—over the “tacit knowledge” available to the parent, the consumer, the entrepreneur, and the citizen.

Sowell vigorously defends wisdom—practical reason—against an abstract rationalism that values ideas over the experience of actual human beings. Intellectuals, he argues, are particularly suspicious of the ties ordinary men and women feel to family, religion, and country. They look down upon “objective reality and objective criteria” in the social sciences, art, music, and philosophy. Their “systems” tend to be self-referential and lack accountability in the external world."
From a review of Intellectuals and Society, by Thomas Sowell (Basic Books, 416 pp., $29.95)

Are you napping?

So your answer to me calling you a faux intellectual is to bluster about intellectualism, and quote Sigmund Freud?

Thank you for proving my point. :lol:

Now answer the post about Billy Graham that you have desperately tried to ignore.

You skipped a post.

"Intellectual"?

Are you napping?

So your answer to me calling you a faux intellectual is to bluster about intellectualism, and quote Sigmund Freud?

Now answer the post about Billy Graham that you have desperately tried to ignore.

1. Once again, I appreciate your inadvertent compliment.

2. And, I'm so very sorry that your....limitations....prevented you from understanding the references you note.

3. I hate to rub it in.....but this is a perfect example of why you should have stayed in school.

[

"What I remember about Clinton today is that I had a pretty good life when he was president."

While having nothing to do with the question at hand, it is an inadvertent explanation of your lack of honesty: how you felt was all that's important.

And....as feeling rather than knowing is your watchword, it lends credence to the thought ha you were never other than Liberal.

Yawn... you brought up feelings, not me, snookums.

In a measurable way, I had a better life under Clinton. My assets were worth more, I made more money (after adjusting for inflation), I had more job security.

And at the time, I really, really got upset about such nonsense as "subornation of perjury".

You see, the beauty of Clinton was when you had 3.9% unemployment, like we had on his watch, you had managers who wouldn't screw with you because they knew they probably couldn't replace you. So you got decent wages and shit.

Five years ago, old Right Wing Joe got told by his boss that he was being screwed in a reorganization. Then I realized, that there is management's interest, and their working folks interests. And for all the whining about morality, and abortion, and gays... that's what the real divide is all about.

Clinton had my back as a working guy. Bush had my boss's back.

Some day when you grow up, you will probably get a similar education.

[

Yawn... you brought up feelings, not me, snookums.

In a measurable way, I had a better life under Clinton. My assets were worth more, I made more money (after adjusting for inflation), I had more job security.

And at the time, I really, really got upset about such nonsense as "subornation of perjury".

You see, the beauty of Clinton was when you had 3.9% unemployment, like we had on his watch, you had managers who wouldn't screw with you because they knew they probably couldn't replace you. So you got decent wages and shit.

Five years ago, old Right Wing Joe got told by his boss that he was being screwed in a reorganization. Then I realized, that there is management's interest, and their working folks interests. And for all the whining about morality, and abortion, and gays... that's what the real divide is all about.

Clinton had my back as a working guy. Bush had my boss's back.

Some day when you grow up, you will probably get a similar education.

"you brought up feelings, not me, [Ms.] snookums."

So....you don't realize that your post is subjective?

You do?

Good...

sub·jec·tive/səbˈjektiv/
Adjective:
Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions

"Intellectual"?

Are you napping?

2. And, I'm so very sorry that your....limitations....prevented you from understanding the references you note.

3. I hate to rub it in.....but this is a perfect example of why you should have stayed in school.

It's not a compliment, inadvertent or otherwise.

Are you going to continue to avoid the Billy Graham issue, in a thread about Billy Graham?

Are you going to continue to avoid the Billy Graham issue, in a thread about Billy Graham?

Not sure what you would like....

This from the OP:

"I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel.

4. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman.

5. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God."

Excellent advice.

I oppose any candidate who endorses infanticide, doesn't support Israel, and eschews biblical values.

If you care to take the opposite perspective,....go for it.

Billy Graham,the shuckster that stated deveral times that if his congregation did not raise X amount of dollars, God would take him away.

This from the OP:

"I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel.

4. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman.

5. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God."

Excellent advice.

I oppose any candidate who endorses infanticide, doesn't support Israel, and eschews biblical values.

While overtly skipping the part where he has always called Mormonism a cult to be avoided.. and removed that from his "biblical principles" for political expedience.

I'm very familiar with the bible. It has a few things to say about being a hypocrite.

Billy Graham,the shuckster that stated deveral times that if his congregation did not raise X amount of dollars, God would take him away.

But...if the suggestion in the ad had been written by another, you'd feel they were advisable?

Is that your point, dropsy?

This from the OP:

Excellent advice.

While overtly skipping the part where he has always called Mormonism a cult to be avoided.. and removed that from his "biblical principles" for political expedience.

I'm very familiar with the bible. It has a few things to say about being a hypocrite.

No doubt you are very familiar with Ecclesiastes 10:2

This from the OP:

Excellent advice.

I sincerely hope you're being cute with that, and don't actually thing that an ancient text is predicating the political choice between the right and the left.

I sincerely hope you're being cute with that, and don't actually thing that an ancient text is predicating the political choice between the right and the left.

I was applying it to you, Cheesy.

Surely you recognized that.

You do NOT want to get in to a war of biblical quotemining with me, sweetheart. You really don't.

Must everything be spelled out?

I called you a fool.

It's not necessary for you to continue verifying same.

You do NOT want to get in to a war of biblical quotemining with me, sweetheart. You really don't.

Must everything be spelled out?

I called you a fool.

It's not necessary for you to continue verifying same.

Then let's do the same thing. Let's quote the bible that you hold so dear.

Matthew 5:22 But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Stop playing the bible game. Particularly when you cherry pick what parts you think are important enough to pay attention to.

Edited to add: Ran like a little kid who was just spanked. Not surprised.

Last edited:
Now after reading PC's endless copy & paste posts, I thought I'd interject some thought. I like to post things that require thought, not other people's thoughts/opinions.
I can understand where Graham is coming from. He's sticking to the Word of God because it's what Christianity is built and based on. No problem there.
The thing that I always find rather puzzling is that the Bible mentions so many other things that Christians are to follow. Yet Graham and many Christians ignore those teaching when they get involved with political "wedge issues". Are they judging God's Word as mortals to what is the most important?
Anyway, The Bible is chock full of verses in reference to helping the poor and weak. The Bible is full of verses that tells us that we are to take care of God's Earth. Now these two issues, plus the two main issues that drive Graham and the Christian Right are not embraced by one party, two are embraced by the right and two are embraced by the left.
Now to me, all four issues, gay marriage, abortion, taking care of the poor/weak and taking care of God's Earth are all important for me. By following just some of God's instructions and not others seems wrong to me.
I don't think Graham is doing anything wrong, but I don't think he is doing everything right per all of God's Will.

The Bible is full of verses that tell INDIVIDUALS, not government, to help the poor and needy. Taking care of the earth, is just as important to Christians as it is to any of you heathens. The difference of opinion is over the level of care, and the evil intentions of many of those who want to lock it up and just look at it from afar.

This earth has to feed, clothe, house, and nurture almost 7 billion people, and that means we have to use the earth to do so. We have to dig out the minerals, pump out the oil, and plow tens of millions of acres to grow crops to feed people and livestock. That also means that our air and water will never be pristine (if it ever was), and the earth will have scars that take centuries to heal. We have to build roads, bridges, dams, dikes and levees, to ensure that people can do more than just survive.

Hey PC. Simple fact, Gore won more American votes than did Bush. But the way our electorial system is set up, Bush won the election. With the Supreme Courts help.

Now, were Romney to win the popular vote, but Obama the electorial vote, and all the marbles, of course, it would be kind of a sweet revisit of history. And you and the other "Conservatives" would be howling about second amendment solutions.

If Romney wins, I won't like it, but that is what elections are all about.

Have you ever heard of the 'electoral college'?
You will be calling the EC illegitimate in two weeks. :lol:

Only if romney looses. Great then we have to deal with retarded posts about the EC is a fraud.

"you brought up feelings, not me, [Ms.] snookums."

So....you don't realize that your post is subjective?

You do?

Only to you, Bizarro-Girl, but that's because of your lack of reasoning skills.

I realized I was being scammed. The GOP doesn't give a crap about guns, abortions, gays or any of that bullshit. They care about how much their rich donors can make at the expense of the rest of us. It's what happens when you let the wealthy buy your government. Kind of like leaving a chimp in charge of the bananas.

Forum List

Back