Billy Graham Purchases Ads

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by PoliticalChic, Oct 19, 2012.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,029
    1. "Washington (CNN) - The most famous and revered pastor in America, Billy Graham, is calling on voters to cast a ballot for their faith in full-page ads in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today and other newspapers.

2. "As I approach my 94th birthday, I realize this election could be my last."

3. "I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel.

4. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman.

5. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God."

6. The ad hit the prominent papers Wednesday and Thursday, and could hit a dozen more newspapers, a week after the famed evangelist met with Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney at Graham's Montreat, North Carolina, home and less than a month after his son Franklin Graham issued a full-throated endorsement of Romney in a USA Today opinion piece.

7. "This ad is consistent with both the mission of the BGEA and Billy Graham's personal methodology to diligently and consistently remain politically neutral and nonpartisan throughout his public ministry," Ross said.

8. "Against the backdrop of moral decline and a cultural shift in our nation that reflects timely issues, Mr. Graham's quotation in the ad is an extension of his faithful preaching of a timeless message and strong stand on biblical values for more than six decades.""
    Billy Graham buys election ads after Romney meeting – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,029
    "Influential pastor Billy Graham is signaling to evangelical Christians that they shouldn't hesitate to vote for Mitt Romney because of his Mormon religion, further cementing Romney's strong standing with the key Republican voting bloc.

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association this week removed Mormonism from its list of religious cults, the Charlotte Observer reports. Mormons consider themselves Christians, though not all of their beliefs align with mainstream Christian doctrine."
    Billy Graham's organization removes Mormonism from its list of cults - CBS News

Will it influence evangelical Christians?

I wonder if my buddy Joe will stop hatin' on Mormons now?

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,368
    LOL. Senile old man, a TV evangilist, is what you consider a quality endorsement? One that has changed a lifelong aversion to the LDS simply on the basis of present politics?

People like Graham are why I changed my registration from Independent to Democrat many years ago. I really don't like the idea of an American Taliban.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  4. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,070
    Not at all.

You miss the point. I think ALL religion is bullshit.

The only thing Grahmnn has proved is that these guys are all phonies, which has always been my opinion of them.

How can it be that they thought Mormonism was a cult for something like 60 years, and then suddenly, it's not a cult when they are running against the black guy?

If you are an evangelical who is voting for Romney, you're a hypocrite. You really don't believe in your Sky Pixie as much as you claim.

5. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    I couldn't believe that when I read that the other day. The blatant hypocrisy of removing Mormonism from their cult list. These people have no shame.

6. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Organized religion, led by the infirmed elderly, is quite funny. :lol::lol::lol:

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Has he shut himself in a tower and said god will take him if his demands are not met?

Now which other renowned evangellist did that? Over money no less.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. tyroneweaver

tyroneweaver Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,872
    Wow I haven't read so many contradictions in two paragraphs since I read the Nicean Creed.

9. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ohvqwsNkk"]Would Jesus Wear a Rolex?[/ame]

10. there4eyeM

there4eyeM unlicensed metaphysician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,301
    Hurrah for freedom of expression. This is a person I admire as a man and a human. I disagree entirely, but that is another story.

Protestants do not have a central leader or even leadership, much to their credit. The advice of this preacher will influence some, but that could be offset by those who dislike him and his movement and would vote against anything he and they were for.

If the pope told Roman Catholics for whom to vote, would any of that faith care to opine here what they would do?