Billy Graham Purchases Ads

Not sure what you would like....

This from the OP:

"I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel.

4. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman.

5. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God."

Excellent advice.

I oppose any candidate who endorses infanticide, doesn't support Israel, and eschews biblical values.

If you care to take the opposite perspective,....go for it.
So, you admit that you have no defense of Billy Graham's lack of integrity?

As I predicted.

You really must avoid getting into debates with me, Political Chic - you always lose.

What a stupidly self-congratulatory post.

It is not stupid to recognize the self-evident.

The point under discussion is the advice that Graham gave in the ad.

FALSE.

The point is the question I asked you, that you have desperately avoided...like pinkeye. :lol:

I think you miss the point.

Mormons believe that dark skin is a curse from God and that all other churches are from Satan.

If anyone is intolerant, they are.

I'm certainly proud to have cured you of your fatuous "everybody knows," but sure would like to see a link for the above post.

Perhaps you can can be cured of prevarication....

...what am I saying???

]

Well, honestly, I stopped using that, because there are ignorant people like you who make a point of NOT trying to understand facts that upset your worldview. You don't know, and you don't want to know.

And the same reason I won't waste my time on a link like this about Mormons

Mormons and Black Skin

which give you chapter and verse from the Mormons OWN WRITINGS that they endorse racism and dark skin as a curse from God. because you won't educate yourself on it.

Or what they think of other churches..

The Mormon Church does Teach about the Great and Abominable Church

Because frankly, Romney could offer to make you a human sacrifice to the Great Angel Moroni and the White Salamander, and you'd still go along with him...

1. Did you know that Brigham Young and Joseph Smith are no longer with us?

2. "... there is no question that the LDS Church has a racist past. Just like the United States of America. And there is no question in my mind that racism does not fade easily—whether from Mormonism, or from American culture at large. But there are many African-American Mormons and their allies who work hard to address it. To get a sense of their lives and their experience, check out this site or this article or this movie.

It’s impossible to generalize how Black people are treated by Mormons, but a little data helps to fill in the story. Although the Church doesn’t keep track of members’ racial identities, folks in the know have estimated that there are between 500,000 and 1,000,000 LDS Church members of African descent worldwide.
What do Mormons believe about African-Americans? | Ask Mormon Girl

3. As you may recall, I have posted that I've been to Salt Lake City and met black officials of the Mormon Church.

4. What do you think of folks who slander the current members with past memories?
What did you say your ethnic background is....and when did they give up owning slaves?

So, you admit that you have no defense of Billy Graham's lack of integrity?

As I predicted.

You really must avoid getting into debates with me, Political Chic - you always lose.

FALSE.

The point is the question I asked you, that you have desperately avoided...like pinkeye. :lol:

Why don't you simply begin a thread with that question?

As I'm certain you recognize in your myriad interactions in real life.....nobody follows your instructions.

Care to guess why not?

I'm certainly proud to have cured you of your fatuous "everybody knows," but sure would like to see a link for the above post.

...what am I saying???

]

Well, honestly, I stopped using that, because there are ignorant people like you who make a point of NOT trying to understand facts that upset your worldview. You don't know, and you don't want to know.

Mormons and Black Skin

which give you chapter and verse from the Mormons OWN WRITINGS that they endorse racism and dark skin as a curse from God. because you won't educate yourself on it.

Because frankly, Romney could offer to make you a human sacrifice to the Great Angel Moroni and the White Salamander, and you'd still go along with him...

2. "... there is no question that the LDS Church has a racist past. Just like the United States of America. And there is no question in my mind that racism does not fade easily—whether from Mormonism, or from American culture at large. But there are many African-American Mormons and their allies who work hard to address it. To get a sense of their lives and their experience, check out this site or this article or this movie.

It’s impossible to generalize how Black people are treated by Mormons, but a little data helps to fill in the story. Although the Church doesn’t keep track of members’ racial identities, folks in the know have estimated that there are between 500,000 and 1,000,000 LDS Church members of African descent worldwide.

3. As you may recall, I have posted that I've been to Salt Lake City and met black officials of the Mormon Church.

4. What do you think of folks who slander the current members with past memories?
What did you say your ethnic background is....and when did they give up owning slaves?

How did the Mormon's God change his mind about race? And about polygamy for that matter?

Why would GOD be making mistakes, and then finding himself standing corrected by the secular, temporal world?

Mormons and Black Skin

How did the Mormon's God change his mind about race? And about polygamy for that matter?

Why would GOD be making mistakes, and then finding himself standing corrected by the secular, temporal world?

Are you disagreeing with the adjustment to modernity?

How do you feel about the Protestant Reformation?

Our Founders were deeply religious folks.....would you like to repeal the 13th amendment?

Bravo on contributing your usual level of erudition and understanding of the human condition.

FALSE.

As I'm certain you recognize in your myriad interactions in real life.....nobody follows your instructions.

Care to guess why not?
At least you are admitting that you have failed in this thread.

Succeeding would be answering the question.

ONe of the few things I would thank a God for if there was one.

Ummm, what does that have to do with my point? the thing was, they did not go back and edit the Book of Mormon and the Pearl of Great Price and get rid of the offending passages that said dark skin was a curse from God infliced either in "Pre-Life" (another one of those whacky LDS beliefs) or because of what their ancestors did. Dark Skin is God's curse of choice, apparently.

NO, I don't recall that. And I'm sure there are black folks who are so self-loathing they sign up for that shit.

When I was growing up, we had a clown named Frank Collins who was the head of the Nazi Party in Chicago. He had about six followers.. Anyway, after they did some research, they found out his real name was Frank Cohen, and yup, you guessed it, his father was Jewish. Why people do crazy shit is something I don't waste a lot of time thinking about.

Now, there's an interesting point. I'm of German ancestory. My grandfather fought in the Kaiser's Army. But here's the thing. I don't hold allegience to the House of Hollenzollern. I can denounce what they did because, HEY, I had nothing to do with them and I admit they were wrong.

Mormons, however, can't go ahead and renounce their racist/homophobic/misogynist past, becuse the whole premise of their belief was Joseph Smith was God's Prophet. So how could the Prophet get it soooooo wrong. Well, they hem and haw and no one asks Romney with a straight face.

[

Are you disagreeing with the adjustment to modernity?

How do you feel about the Protestant Reformation?

Our Founders were deeply religious folks.....would you like to repeal the 13th amendment?

Bravo on contributing your usual level of erudition and understanding of the human condition.

YOu are dodging the point again.

It isn't what the FLAWED people thought. Yeah, they were wrong about a lot of stuff, which is why I always find it amusing when idiots like you say, "Well, they never put universal health care in the constitution, so it must be unconstitutional!" (Keeping in mind, their idea of good health care was leeches!)

But Joseph Smith, according to Mormons- WAS TALKING TO GOD. In fact, God told him all the other religions were wrong, and he had to start his very own. Now, maybe Joseph Smith might have been limited by the thinking of a 19th century con-man with a sex addiction, but God certainly couldn't have messed it up that bad.

...what am I saying???

]

Mormons and Black Skin

Excellent reply PoliticalChic!! Here is something else, MIA LOVE, who is black and also Mormon is running as a Republican for the U.S. House of Representatives in Utah. So, these people who think the Mormon church is racist should get with Mia, too on that one.

All the lefties have is racism, big bird, binders of women, inflated job numbers, personal attacks and ZERO idea and ZERO solutions.

1. "Washington (CNN) - The most famous and revered pastor in America, Billy Graham, is calling on voters to cast a ballot for their faith in full-page ads in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today and other newspapers.

2. "As I approach my 94th birthday, I realize this election could be my last."

3. "I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel.

4. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman.

5. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God."

6. The ad hit the prominent papers Wednesday and Thursday, and could hit a dozen more newspapers, a week after the famed evangelist met with Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney at Graham's Montreat, North Carolina, home and less than a month after his son Franklin Graham issued a full-throated endorsement of Romney in a USA Today opinion piece.

7. "This ad is consistent with both the mission of the BGEA and Billy Graham's personal methodology to diligently and consistently remain politically neutral and nonpartisan throughout his public ministry," Ross said.

8. "Against the backdrop of moral decline and a cultural shift in our nation that reflects timely issues, Mr. Graham's quotation in the ad is an extension of his faithful preaching of a timeless message and strong stand on biblical values for more than six decades.""
Billy Graham buys election ads after Romney meeting – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

yes! We got a full page ad in our Sunday paper. Additionally, Rev. Graham has paid for billboards.

Speaking of the Moral Majority! :clap2:

thnx!

Mormons and Black Skin

Excellent reply PoliticalChic!! Here is something else, MIA LOVE, who is black and also Mormon is running as a Republican for the U.S. House of Representatives in Utah. So, these people who think the Mormon church is racist should get with Mia, too on that one.

All the lefties have is racism, big bird, binders of women, inflated job numbers, personal attacks and ZERO idea and ZERO solutions.
I'm so glad the guy in your avatar is dead. As I do with all America-destroyers.

Again, Mia Love being filled with self-loathing to the point where she marries a wussy looking white dude and joins a cult that considers her "cursed" due to her dark skin doesn't impress me.

I'm sorry she can't get the therapy she obviously needs.

FALSE.

Care to guess why not?

Actually, laughing at your juvenile attempts to impose your will is the real success.

Last edited:

I'm so glad the guy in your avatar is dead. As I do with all America-destroyers.

And the paragon of Leftist character checks in.

When I read you post, above,I meditated on what kind of past would produce a boor like you.
I don't believe I've ever cheered the death of another.....

So, does that make me a better person than you? Pretty much.....although, as far as your and my character...it ranks as only one of many items on the scales of life.

OK....here is your opportunity to re-think the post, and mitigate.
Take a moment....compose yourself, and see if you have the ability to scamper up the ladder toward humanity.

Nothing less than penitential prostration will do.

Care to guess why not?

Actually, laughing at your juvenile attempts to impose your will is the real success.
Throw yourself a FAIL party and call it a success!
multi.gif
multi.gif
multi.gif

I cheered the death of bin Laden. You didn't?

I cheered the death of Saddam - you didn't?

I cheered the death of Tim McVeigh - you didn't?

I cheered the death of John Allen Muhammad - you didn't?

I will also cheer Rush Limbaugh's death, whenever it should occur.

I cheer the death of anyone who is actively trying to destroy the United States, foreign or domestic.

I cheer the death of anyone who is actively trying to destroy the United States, foreign or domestic.

Rush huh? of course you hate people speaking the truth.

No.

I don't 'cheer' deaths.
De mortuis nil nisi bonum

I try to allow time to pass before posting negative material about individuals with whom I have political differences.....as difficult as it is at times.

And this:
"I will also cheer Rush Limbaugh's death, whenever it should occur."

Disgusting.

No.

I don't 'cheer' deaths.

I try to allow time to pass before posting negative material about individuals with whom I have political differences.....as difficult as it is at times.

And this:

Disgusting.
Of course you find it disgusting - you are on the side of those who seek to divide and destroy the United States.

You are a globalist who believes that if you can make a dime more by screwing Americans by investing overseas, you will jump at it.

No.

I don't 'cheer' deaths.

And this:

Disgusting.
Of course you find it disgusting - you are on the side of those who seek to divide and destroy the United States.

You are a globalist who believes that if you can make a dime more by screwing Americans by investing overseas, you will jump at it.

Wow....a post attempting to scurry away from your original disgusting post.

Good that you realize that it was an abomination.

As for " believes that if you can make a dime more by screwing Americans by investing overseas,"....

....my butler and chauffeur will be by to have a few words with you.

Forum List

Back