Bill Maher's Islamophobic Career-Ender

Discussion in 'Media' started by Madeline, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624

Bill Maher Afraid Mohammeds, Islam Taking Over Western World | Mediaite

What a shame; I had just renewed my subscription to HBO -- and primarily to watch his show. Well, I am cancelling today and telling my cable provider why that is.

WTF is wrong with people lately, that hatred, ignorance and fear are considered socially acceptable? Have they all gone insane?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    What's so wrong about not wanting islam to take over the western world when it's a known fact that 99% of all the cold blooded killing and murdering of innocent people is done in the name of said religion?

Why are you such an ardent supporter of the bloodiest religion on earth?

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    So wait, let me get this right..... By the way I am not defending HIM, he is an ass, someone espouses an opinion on a religion that they don't like and you get upset? I am betting money if he had said that about Catholics you would not have minded at all.

Islam IS dangerous. It is 700 years out of time with the modern world. It teaches its followers that murder and mayhem are ACCEPTABLE tools to be used for the furtherance of the Religion. It teaches that ONLY Islam is acceptable and all other religions are not only false but must be eradicated. It teaches its followers that women are PROPERTY. No rights, no freedom, no choice.

And this is EXACTLY what we need to be working against. The slow take over of our world by Islam. Britain HAS authorized Sharia law.

Last time I checked THE US IS A FREE COUNTRY. Where people are allowed to have differing opinions with out being called hateful. Go ahead provide the context of how he was hateful? All he said was he fears the religion. He did not say he hated anything. He did not display ignorance, YOU are the ignorant one. And we are ALL ALLOWED to fear what ever we want. It is called FREEDOM.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Maher is well known for his disdain of organized religion. I suppose it's only funny to some when he shows disdain for judeo-christain religions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    I have an idea Maddie, since you appear to have such love and affection for islam, why don't you find the nearest mosque to you, go on down there, walk in and tell them you want to convert to islam, and then demand they treat you equal, because I know you're all about equal rights... right? See how that works out for you.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  6. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    There is zero risk Islam will ever become the most popular religion in the Western World. The violence you allude to is cultural and political to the Middle East and Africa, and not a feature of the faith. This is precisely the sort of ignorant hate that I abhore, Pale. You are a smart guy and I expected better than this of you.

But then, I expected better from Bill Maher, who I will never, ever watch again. Some things are unforgivable, and his comments are one of them.

I am not an ardent supporter of Islam, Pale -- I am a dedicated opponent of bigotry.

7. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Pale, the only organized religion that holds any appeal for me is Judaism, and I am stalled in my conversion because I am unsure if I can commit to keeping kosher, etc. I don't have to be black to object to Jim Crow laws and apartheid....and I don't have to be Muslim to object to hatred of Islam.

Bigotry is wrong, it's evil, it's unjust and I will speak out against it until the day I die, regardless of whose ox is getting gored.

[​IMG]

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Those who claim to oppose bigotry should learn to recognize real bigotry instead of accusing someone of bigotry when what they actually mean is 'I disagree with you'.

I agree with Jon Stewart on this issue.

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,785
    He's a comedian and a satirist. He can say whatever he wants...and that pic of him you posted is offensive.

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I agree, the pic is offensive. Would you agree with me that, if the pic was of, say Beck or O'Reilly, it would also be offensive?