Bill Maher's Islamophobic Career-Ender

If you bought HBO just for him you know he can say and do worse. He dressed up for Halloween as Steve Irwin with a stingray in his chest not long after he died.

People just thought he was so disgusting for that but his fans are loyal, he won't lose his job.

Of course he won't. Nor should he.... nor should Juan Williams for his remark. Seems to me that one cannot speak a word against Islam without being labeled a bigot. We are seriously dumbing down as a nation.

No... it's called LIBERALS TRYING TO SILENCE ANY OPINIONS DIFFERING FROM THEIRS.

Yea, that is also very true. The 'dumbing down' are those who cannot see that there are people on the left who actually do want to silence differing opinions. They blindly follow along, whining about anyone who disagrees, without analyzing what they are whining about.

I do hope to persuade you to my POV, Pale,

Well get that idea out of your head Maddie, cause that ain't gonna happen. When I see a threat, and I do see islam as a threat, then that's the way I call it. Fuck political correctness or worrying about insulting islam.

And I support your right to speak your mind without being labeled a bigot. I may not agree with you about Islam but I understand why you feel that way. Personally, I don't label someone a bigot unless they actually one. On this, Jon Stewart summed it up brilliantly.

And I understand what you're saying. I don't call those who don't see islam as a threat a bigot, because they have the right to feel as they do. So if someone called me a bigot simply for stating my opinion, that in itself makes THEM the bigot, not me... and that's pretty much what I see going on here.

If you bought HBO just for him you know he can say and do worse. He dressed up for Halloween as Steve Irwin with a stingray in his chest not long after he died.

People just thought he was so disgusting for that but his fans are loyal, he won't lose his job.

I had not seen his show since I re-upped, Sarah. I have been so damned busy, I even forgot to TIVO it, and now I am glad.

Maher can sit in my entertainment trash heap alongside Woody Allen and Mel Gibson. And I NEVER forgive an entertainer.

Hmm..I generally separate the people from their work. I can't stand Mel Gibson's politics but he's a great actor. Same goes for Bruce Willis. As for Woody Allen, I saw Annie Hall last evening for like the millionth time..he is extremely talented.

You place limits on what you expose yourself too..if you limit people to one dimension. I don't have a problem with people's personal racism and or bigotry. It's when they act on it..that it is a problem.

In the movie I mentioned he skewers Islam far worse then he does on that tv show. That would probably be the only portion people on the right would even tolerate about that film.

But it's funny as heck.

Religulous (2008) - IMDb

The irreverence is part of his charm.. :lol:

Of course he won't. Nor should he.... nor should Juan Williams for his remark. Seems to me that one cannot speak a word against Islam without being labeled a bigot. We are seriously dumbing down as a nation.

No... it's called LIBERALS TRYING TO SILENCE ANY OPINIONS DIFFERING FROM THEIRS.

Yea, that is also very true. The 'dumbing down' are those who cannot see that there are people on the left who actually do want to silence differing opinions. They blindly follow along, whining about anyone who disagrees, without analyzing what they are whining about.

And there's a lot of that going around. In any case, I would agree it takes a certain amount of stupidity to fall into that category. Political correctness taken to the point of absurdity without question.

I agree with Bill Maher regarding this matter. I think Britain has its head in the sand. I think Mr Maher has a right to voice his concerns about the invasions of a foreign, militant religion to Britain.

We don't feel the impact of this in the United States because our main immigrant 'problem' is from Mexico, which is largely Catholic. But, Europe is feeling a different sort of demographic pressure. And, with the low birthrate of native Europeans, and the higher birthrate of the Muslim newcomers, there is a very real danger of eventual cultural annihilation.

What the conflict in Europe is, IMO, is the culure clash between people from the Middle East and people who grew up in Europe. These Europeans nations that failed to control immigration are reaping the whirlwind, no doubt, and so will the US if we don't close our borders.

However, when a man who grew up in a Third World nation with a 14th century zeigest is rude to a woman raised in a First World nation with strong feminist views, how is that conflict "religious"? I doubt Muslim UK women who grew up in the UK fare any better than non-Muslim UK women when it comes to street confrontations, etc.

I am not at all concerned that the US will alter its immigration policies and invite all of Yemen or Iran to come live here.

I am not afraid enough to hate, and I never will be.

What's so wrong about not wanting islam to take over the western world when it's a known fact that 99% of all the cold blooded killing and murdering of innocent people is done in the name of said religion?

Why are you such an ardent supporter of the bloodiest religion on earth?

Well .. well. You have finally said something I can agree with. Yes religions are bloody..maybe the muslims are the bloodiest..maybe not. But "bloodiest" is a welcome admission that religions are bloody.

I had not seen his show since I re-upped, Sarah. I have been so damned busy, I even forgot to TIVO it, and now I am glad.

Maher can sit in my entertainment trash heap alongside Woody Allen and Mel Gibson. And I NEVER forgive an entertainer.

mighty tolerant of you--what do you have against entertainers ?

I agree with Bill Maher regarding this matter. I think Britain has its head in the sand. I think Mr Maher has a right to voice his concerns about the invasions of a foreign, militant religion to Britain.

We don't feel the impact of this in the United States because our main immigrant 'problem' is from Mexico, which is largely Catholic. But, Europe is feeling a different sort of demographic pressure. And, with the low birthrate of native Europeans, and the higher birthrate of the Muslim newcomers, there is a very real danger of eventual cultural annihilation.

What the conflict in Europe is, IMO, is the culure clash between people from the Middle East and people who grew up in Europe. These Europeans nations that failed to control immigration are reaping the whirlwind, no doubt, and so will the US if we don't close our borders.

However, when a man who grew up in a Third World nation with a 14th century zeigest is rude to a woman raised in a First World nation with strong feminist views, how is that conflict "religious"? I doubt Muslim UK women who grew up in the UK fare any better than non-Muslim UK women when it comes to street confrontations, etc.

I am not at all concerned that the US will alter its immigration policies and invite all of Yemen or Iran to come live here.

It's possible to be against something without hating it. You need to learn the difference.

wow a retard fest indeed, Bill is against ALL PAGAN RELIGIONS

There is only one faith known as Paganism, topspin. Wiccans are Paganism-Lite. But yes, Maher has built a career on lampooning the major religions, and I am so fucking sad that he has devolved into a bigot.

He was already a bigot by your definition. No devolvement was necessary. It was a lot funner when he wasn't bigoted against you home team, wasn't it ?
( I'm sure HBO will really miss you)

I had not actually seen all that much of Maher's shows. I watched "Religilous" earlier this year and thought it was hilarious, and then my cable company offered me HBO for free for three months. I took it and saw mebbe 5 episodes of Maher's show. He never said anything that offended me during one of them, so if he's been a raving bigot for years, I missed it.

I dunno what you mean by "my home team"; Maher is obviously not a Republican but I am.

I dun care if HBO "misses me"; I am not spending money for a premium channel that hosts hate speech.

What's so wrong about not wanting islam to take over the western world when it's a known fact that 99% of all the cold blooded killing and murdering of innocent people is done in the name of said religion?

Why are you such an ardent supporter of the bloodiest religion on earth?

Well .. well. You have finally said something I can agree with. Yes religions are bloody..maybe the muslims are the bloodiest..maybe not. But "bloodiest" is a welcome admission that religions are bloody.

Man will always find reasons to kill each other. It has little to do with 'religion' - any religion. It's us... humans. I doubt very much whether God approves of killing in His name... unfortunately, very few people see Him wearing his T-shirt "Not in My Name".

And I understand what you're saying. I don't call those who don't see islam as a threat a bigot, because they have the right to feel as they do. So if someone called me a bigot simply for stating my opinion, that in itself makes THEM the bigot, not me... and that's pretty much what I see going on here.

Six years of "tolerance" from Pale Rider:

2004:

Well here we go again with the bullshit old faggot humpin' tale of pole smoking and bean packing being "natural". Even when they KNOW they have NO CHANCE IN HELL, which I might add is where queerness originates, of convincing ANYONE HERE of that stale old line of crap. Once again, the NORMAL people in society need to explain to these sick fuckers that the PENIS'S INTENDED USE is to be INSERTED INTO A WOMAN'S VAGINA, and for urination. A MAN inserting his penis into another mans anus is as UNNATURAL OF AN ACT as any other by a living creature. It's wrong, perverse, and goes DIRECTLY AGAINST ALL LAWS OF NATURE AND MORALITY.

You queers are the most disgusting group of human beings on earth. You need to take your promiscuous, deviant, perverse, disgusting behavior, and go back in the damn closet where fucking belong. You have no place in a society among decent people. You're sick and should be seeking psychiatric help, NOT trying to convince people that you sucking your boyfriends dick, and humping him up the ass is NATURAL. NO ONES BUYING IT SHIT FOR BRAINS!!!

You all make me sick to my stomach.

Emphasis at Size 5 bolded mine. The other bolding and caps is his.

"Kids" don't need to "come out", "go in", "take a left", or "shit their pants" for that matter. If they're experiencing homosexual desires or tendencies, what they TRUELY need are understanding parents that are ready, willing and able to get them the psychiatric help they so very badly are in need of. Faggotness is a mental illness, just as assuredly as having multiple personalities is.

What the faggots and liberals need to stop, is trying to convince a public that already KNOWS faggotness is PERVERSE and SICK. They're not convincing anyone. That's why they want to go after unsuspecting, IMPRESSIONABLE young children who DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER. Faggot's and the assholes that support this kind of brain washing indoctrination into queerness should be banned from spreading this shit.

2005:

First of all, lets get something straight, there is NOTHING "gay" about a faggot. Two men licking each others balls and fingering each other up the ass is SICK, not "gay". This "gay" name crap was nothing more than a nicey, nicey little attempt by homo's at trying to "make themselves sound nicer". Queers are sick, and should seek help, not try and spread their disease.

Second, Texas. Yes, "THANK GOD FOR TEXAS"! It was another display by the majority of people of their utter disgust of faggots, and their attack on traditional marriage. And yes, I say "disgust of faggots". Why? Because I'm not afraid to say it. I could give a rats ass about P.C. when it comes to queers. They and their supporters can retort to me with every stinking one of their cute little names they brand "normal" people with. So fucking what. "I'm NORMAL", and I am the "MAJORITY", and I'm a voice of the majority that's not afraid to call a fag a fag. Homosexuality is a FILTHY, FILTHY sickness, and this cutsie, tootsie "gay" crap is just that. BULL SHIT! Call a queer a queer. Drop the "gay" crap. Fags aren't "nice" to you or I when we voice our opinion, the "normal" opinion. Hell no. They throw the best barrage of caustic, vile, shrill, invective name calling and character assisnation at you that they can muster. It borders on lunacy. It's a shout down. They expect you to shut the fuck up and cower. That has been their modus operandi, and to an extent, it has worked, on many. Not me. To hell with faggots, because hell is where they're headed.

Queers should take the civil union that's been offered to them and just GO AWAY. Get back in the damn closet where people don't have to be subjected to their SICK, SICK, SICK lifestyle choice.

2006:

Yeah I could go into the sordid details of what homo's do to each other, but I want to keep my dinner down, and I don't want to make anyone else here sick. Your queer actions are repugnant kagom. There is NOTHING natural or BEAUTIFUL about it. I certainly wouldn't call having shit on my cock from fucking another man up the ass BEAUTIFUL, and you're a sick pervert for saying it is.

Go find a faggot chat room to push this sick perverted shit in. You're making me sick.

If you're a faggot, you're sick in the head. All normal people know that. You HAVE to be sick in the head if you're a man, and think you want to stick your johnson up another man's poop shoot. That's sick. There's NOTHING ANYONE can say to make that OK.

So what do the butt pokers do? Everytime they get a small victory, they try and keep the momentum going. So they figure most people "tolerate" them, so now they're going to tell us all "how" to tolerate them, just exactly what that means. Not to "us", but to "them", and it's by their rules that they want us to play.

Well I'm not playing. Not for one fucking second. There's no force on EARTH that could make me TOLERATE, or CONDONE, or TELL A CHILD that homosexuality is ANYTHING but SICK!!!

I only have one opinion of faggots. GET BACK IN THE FUCKING CLOSET YOU BUNCH OF SICK, VILE, PERVERTED, SLAM BUTT MOUNTAIN, MOTHER FUCKERS!

2008:

And not a one of you faggot pedophile defenders read ONE WORD of ANYTHING I posted... just as I knew you wouldn't. Just as you're drunk as hell on the obamalama kool aide. The truth can smack you ignorant fuckers right square in the face like a cast iron skillet, and you'll still deny it to the death.

I knew you would. You liberals are ALL alike, and INCREDIBLY predictable.

2009:

Terry, the liberal homo supporters won't be happy with ANYTHING you say unless it's EXACTLY what they want to hear, and that's in lock step with their sick faggot agenda. Fuck 'em. If they don't want to hear anti homo feedback, they can go somewhere else and whine about it.

And there's a reason why "normal" people don't want to hear your whiny, homo, shit about not having the same rights as heteros because you do.

You're sick, and we don't want your faggot agenda shoved in our faces. The more you do it, the more we get sick of you and want you to get back in the fucking closet.

Take a civil union and shut the fuck up, and find a different board to cry on about your perverted self pity.

I don't know what a thread about some whiny queer wanting to marry is doing in politics anyway. It should be in religion/ethics with the rest of them.

A little more than a month ago:

MY GOD man... get the BALL SACK out of your HOMO PIE HOLE and join the NORMAL people. Your FAGGOT TALK is pretty disgusting.

It's possible to be against something without hating it. You need to learn the difference.

I have; I hate bigotry and yet I can abide (some) bigots as long as they refrain from hate speech in front of me. That's as fucking tolerant as I will ever be.

I do hope to persuade you to my POV, Pale,

Well get that idea out of your head Maddie, cause that ain't gonna happen. When I see a threat, and I do see islam as a threat, then that's the way I call it. Fuck political correctness or worrying about insulting islam.

I dun give two shits about political correctness, Pale. I simply want to target the forces of good against the forces of evil, not the forces of evil and all 1.2 Billion people who resemble them in some religious way.

I have; I hate bigotry and yet I can abide (some) bigots as long as they refrain from hate speech in front of me. That's as fucking tolerant as I will ever be.
For the lesser posters who fail to see/hear/read the same things you see/hear/read, outline what exactly is hate speech in what Maher said.

I do know your posting that pic of Maher is demonstrative of your hate.

I am in no position to "shut anyone up"; they get to speak, just as I do. But neither am I under any obligation to remain silent.

I get to speak out in condemnation of hate, and I do. That is my right and my priviledge, as an American.

freedomofspeech.jpg

Bill Maher doesn't want to be ruled by any religion, not just Islam. He is certainly not a bigot, if anything he is consistent. If he wanted us to be ruled by the bible, I might say you had a point somewhat but he's never said anything close to that.

Did you read his comments closely, Modbert? He's discussing "racial purity" in the UK, for God's sake. It's recycled Nazism, and I won't abide it.

Bill Maher doesn't want to be ruled by any religion, not just Islam. He is certainly not a bigot, if anything he is consistent. If he wanted us to be ruled by the bible, I might say you had a point somewhat but he's never said anything close to that.

Did you read his comments closely, Modbert? He's discussing "racial purity" in the UK, for God's sake. It's recycled Nazism, and I won't abide it.
Where does Maher discuss racial purity?

And I support your right to speak your mind without being labeled a bigot. I may not agree with you about Islam but I understand why you feel that way. Personally, I don't label someone a bigot unless they actually one. On this, Jon Stewart summed it up brilliantly.

I don't see you as a bigot, Pale. I think you sincerely just want to protect America and if you knew a better way, you'd follow it. We may disagree, but I don't think you are boiled in bigotry.

Mr. Fitnah certainly is, but not you.

ZOMG! Godwinned!

Forum List

Back