Bill Maher's Islamophobic Career-Ender

Bill Maher Afraid Mohammeds, Islam Taking Over Western World | Mediaite

What a shame; I had just renewed my subscription to HBO -- and primarily to watch his show. Well, I am cancelling today and telling my cable provider why that is.

WTF is wrong with people lately, that hatred, ignorance and fear are considered socially acceptable? Have they all gone insane?

427968_128.jpg

So wait, let me get this right..... By the way I am not defending HIM, he is an ass, someone espouses an opinion on a religion that they don't like and you get upset? I am betting money if he had said that about Catholics you would not have minded at all.

Islam IS dangerous. It is 700 years out of time with the modern world. It teaches its followers that murder and mayhem are ACCEPTABLE tools to be used for the furtherance of the Religion. It teaches that ONLY Islam is acceptable and all other religions are not only false but must be eradicated. It teaches its followers that women are PROPERTY. No rights, no freedom, no choice.

And this is EXACTLY what we need to be working against. The slow take over of our world by Islam. Britain HAS authorized Sharia law.

Last time I checked THE US IS A FREE COUNTRY. Where people are allowed to have differing opinions with out being called hateful. Go ahead provide the context of how he was hateful? All he said was he fears the religion. He did not say he hated anything. He did not display ignorance, YOU are the ignorant one. And we are ALL ALLOWED to fear what ever we want. It is called FREEDOM.

No one is currently fomenting hatred of American Catholics, RGS. If they did, I would condemn it too....all bigotry is wrong. It always is wrong.

Yes, we are allowed to fear, even to have irrational fears. Myself, I fear the rising tide of anti-Muslim hatred in this country and I speak out against it.

I will never watch Maher's show again and I am telling my cable company that I am cancelling HBO because of what he said. I am voting against hate with my tv remote, my mouth and my dollars.

I have all the same rights Maher has, don't I?

Yes, you do have the same rights. I just wish you would stop abusing your right to remain stupid.

I agree with Bill Maher regarding this matter. I think Britain has its head in the sand. I think Mr Maher has a right to voice his concerns about the invasions of a foreign, militant religion to Britain.

We don't feel the impact of this in the United States because our main immigrant 'problem' is from Mexico, which is largely Catholic. But, Europe is feeling a different sort of demographic pressure. And, with the low birthrate of native Europeans, and the higher birthrate of the Muslim newcomers, there is a very real danger of eventual cultural annihilation.

wow a retard fest indeed, Bill is against ALL PAGAN RELIGIONS

There is only one faith known as Paganism, topspin. Wiccans are Paganism-Lite. But yes, Maher has built a career on lampooning the major religions, and I am so fucking sad that he has devolved into a bigot.

He was already a bigot by your definition. No devolvement was necessary. It was a lot funner when he wasn't bigoted against you home team, wasn't it ?
( I'm sure HBO will really miss you)

People should do themselves a favor and rent Religulous. Maher is pretty much against all religions and believes that they will be the downfall of civilization..if not humanity itself.

There is only one faith known as Paganism, topspin. Wiccans are Paganism-Lite. But yes, Maher has built a career on lampooning the major religions, and I am so fucking sad that he has devolved into a bigot.

So it was ok when he only slammed Christians and Jews.... but now he's crossed that invisible line by criticizing Muslims?

Hmmmm. That seems a very bigoted view to me. How funny. An actual bigot calling a non bigot, a bigot. :lol:

He's a comedian and a satirist. He can say whatever he wants...and that pic of him you posted is offensive.

He is most certainly entitled to say whatever he wants. So am I. I spoke my POV about his Islamophobia and I stand by it. As for the photo, well, if he doesn't wish for me to think of him as a Nazi, he should never have said a fucking thing about "racial purity" in the UK.

Photo stays, but hey, no one is obligated to agree with me, Ravi.
The picture is bigoted against Jews.

As to the OP, what Maher, his panelists and apparently you don't understand is that a journalist is held to ethical standards while a comedian/satirist is not.

Maher is not a journalist, he may say whatever he wishes on his show and he is not violating HBO's ethical standards.

I chose science all religions are pagans to me and most educated folk.:clap2:

There is zero risk Islam will ever become the most popular religion in the Western World.
That is something that you do NOT know is true, and judging by the advances islam is making in taking over other countries, and the tentacles it already has in America, I'd say you're more wrong than right.

"Tentacles"? Are you serious? There are 300 Million Americans, Pale. Even the biggest estimate place the number of American Muslims at 7 Million. That's 2%! When did you think Islam was going to become the predominate faith here, exactly?

The violence you allude to is cultural and political to the Middle East and Africa, and not a feature of the faith.

Absolutely untrue Maddie. The violence is world wide. You forget 9/11 already? And it is directly related to islam, period, end of story, and no amount of you ignoring it or denying it will change that fact.

I have not forgotten 9/11, Pale. I am heavily in favor of any rational weapon against terrorists, from extra-judicial killings to racial profiling to tracking any Middle Eastern here on a visa, etc. BUT -- I will never, ever hate on 1.2 Billion people living all over Planet Earth merely because they share a religious belief with a gang of mass murderers.

This is precisely the sort of ignorant hate that I abhore, Pale. You are a smart guy and I expected better than this of you.

No... you mean you expect me to agree with you. I get it. Well disagreeing with you is neither ignorant or bigoted Maddie. You should lay off the dramatics and just stick to debating.

I do hope to persuade you to my POV, Pale, but insulting you was inappropriate. I apologize for that.

I am not an ardent supporter of Islam, Pale -- I am a dedicated opponent of bigotry.

That's not the way it appears. Looks more like you simply demonize anyone who disagrees with your way of thinking... oh wait... THAT is BIGOTRY. Well how about that... :eusa_eh:

If you mean my protesting Maher's hate speech, well, if that makes me a bigot I dun think you and I use the word to mean the same thing. I hate on only one group -- bigots. No one has to join them, or if they do, they can leave.

I think Islamophobia is wrong and speak against it. As MLK said, "the time is always right, to do the right thing."

USA-Peace-Sign-Flag-3%27-x-5%27-(2434).jpg

Last edited:
If you bought HBO just for him you know he can say and do worse. He dressed up for Halloween as Steve Irwin with a stingray in his chest not long after he died.

People just thought he was so disgusting for that but his fans are loyal, he won't lose his job.

If you bought HBO just for him you know he can say and do worse. He dressed up for Halloween as Steve Irwin with a stingray in his chest not long after he died.

People just thought he was so disgusting for that but his fans are loyal, he won't lose his job.

I had not seen his show since I re-upped, Sarah. I have been so damned busy, I even forgot to TIVO it, and now I am glad.

Maher can sit in my entertainment trash heap alongside Woody Allen and Mel Gibson. And I NEVER forgive an entertainer.

Of course he won't. Nor should he.... nor should Juan Williams for his remark. Seems to me that one cannot speak a word against Islam without being labeled a bigot. We are seriously dumbing down as a nation.

In the movie I mentioned he skewers Islam far worse then he does on that tv show. That would probably be the only portion people on the right would even tolerate about that film.

But it's funny as heck.

Religulous (2008) - IMDb

I do hope to persuade you to my POV, Pale,

Well get that idea out of your head Maddie, cause that ain't gonna happen. When I see a threat, and I do see islam as a threat, then that's the way I call it. Fuck political correctness or worrying about insulting islam.

Last edited:

In the movie I mentioned he skewers Islam far worse then he does on that tv show. That would probably be the only portion people on the right would even tolerate about that film.

But it's funny as heck.

Religulous (2008) - IMDb
Hmmm. I'm on the right and I thought his interview with the priest outside the Vatican was funny as hell as well as his piece with the snake handlers.

Of course he won't. Nor should he.... nor should Juan Williams for his remark. Seems to me that one cannot speak a word against Islam without being labeled a bigot. We are seriously dumbing down as a nation.

No... it's called LIBERALS TRYING TO SILENCE ANY OPINIONS DIFFERING FROM THEIRS.

I do hope to persuade you to my POV, Pale,

Well get that idea out of your head Maddie, cause that ain't gonna happen. When I see a threat, and I do see islam as a threat, then that's the way I call it. Fuck political correctness or worrying about insulting islam.

And I support your right to speak your mind without being labeled a bigot. I may not agree with you about Islam but I understand why you feel that way. Personally, I don't label someone a bigot unless they actually one. On this, Jon Stewart summed it up brilliantly.

That's pretty bad. My kids loved that guy.

Bill Maher doesn't want to be ruled by any religion, not just Islam. He is certainly not a bigot, if anything he is consistent. If he wanted us to be ruled by the bible, I might say you had a point somewhat but he's never said anything close to that.

Forum List

Back