Bill Maher steps in it again

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I've got a question.
Why do people freak out when someone points out that you see a lot of 7 Eleven's ran by Indian/Americans, or nail salons ran by Asian/Americans ?
Are we supposed to pretend this isn't true ? Yeah it's a stereotype, but big fucking deal, if it's true it should be fine to make the point.

Bill Maher's Racist Tweet Sends Twitter Into A Frenzy

Bill Maher

✔@billmaher

This N Korean thing is getting tense! I mean, I think it is, I'm on vaca. The ladies at my nail salon are freaking out, that's what I know!

12:50 PM - 7 Jul 2017

It had barely been a month since television host Bill Maher made his last racist statement. He broke his streak Friday when he took to Twitter to offer his offensive commentary on North Korea and their weapons program becoming a dangerous reality.

“This [North] Korean thing is getting tense! I mean, I think it is, I'm on vaca. The ladies at my nail salon are freaking out, that's what I know,” he tweeted. The post, a reference to the disproportionate number of North Asian women workers in nail salons, quickly garnered more than 1,600 reactions after being posted for less than 30 minutes.

All I can tell ya is Maher has never said anything I found offensive, including the last time. Context is everything. But this is Reality America now, and hysteria has become an american value and past time ; all outrage, all the time, with no sense of proportionality. Carlin, Bruce, et.al.; all about pushing boundaries and stupid sensibilities that hide the lies of american society.

I'll keep watching, all the handwringing notwithstanding, and I'll make my own determinations on a case by case basis. I'm happy for folks who have so little else to be concerned with that this stuff rises to their I-must-hissyfit threshold.

If it was someone on the right saying that, the CNN Fake news channel should be headlining it for 5 days while calling for his head.

The PC zealots freakin' hate Maher at this point, which is pretty funny.
What the hell is racist about that tweet?
By current regressive standards, "racist" means "anything that comes within 500 miles of race that I can pretend is racist so that I can scream at you, put you on the defensive, punish you, and/or intimidate you in the future, because I'm lying when I say I believe in freedom of expression in America".

Something like that.

I've got a question.
Why do people freak out when someone points out that you see a lot of 7 Eleven's ran by Indian/Americans, or nail salons ran by Asian/Americans ?
Are we supposed to pretend this isn't true ? Yeah it's a stereotype, but big fucking deal, if it's true it should be fine to make the point.

Bill Maher
https://twitter.com/billmaher
✔@billmaher
This N Korean thing is getting tense! I mean, I think it is, I'm on vaca. The ladies at my nail salon are freaking out, that's what I know!

It had barely been a month since television host Bill Maher made his last racist statement. He broke his streak Friday when he took to Twitter to offer his offensive commentary on North Korea and their weapons program becoming a dangerous reality.

“This [North] Korean thing is getting tense! I mean, I think it is, I'm on vaca. The ladies at my nail salon are freaking out, that's what I know,” he tweeted. The post, a reference to the disproportionate number of North Asian women workers in nail salons, quickly garnered more than 1,600 reactions after being posted for less than 30 minutes.

It's like the left are in a frenzy to out publicly humiliate themselves more than the last leftist.

It never bothers me when I see someone of another nationality behind the counter. At least they are out there working a job at all. Such a thing can't even be said about some who are American because they are too lazy to get off their butt.

God bless you and those who aren't too lazy to work always!!!

Holly

The first thing to go when you become a liberal is your sense of humor.

All I can tell ya is Maher has never said anything I found offensive, including the last time. Context is everything. But this is Reality America now, and hysteria has become an american value and past time ; all outrage, all the time, with no sense of proportionality. Carlin, Bruce, et.al.; all about pushing boundaries and stupid sensibilities that hide the lies of american society.

I'll keep watching, all the handwringing notwithstanding, and I'll make my own determinations on a case by case basis. I'm happy for folks who have so little else to be concerned with that this stuff rises to their I-must-hissyfit threshold.
Do you think Trumps Poland speech was racist?

I've got a question.

Bill Maher
https://twitter.com/billmaher
✔@billmaher

Meh...Maher lives in a world of his own design. He can be both funny and stupid in one sentence.

As an individual, he choses to do these things.

It could be a false assumption that all those who don't like the joke is based on its Korean aspect. I didn't care for the joke because the thought of a guy going into a nail place seems queer to me.

You have no room to speak. You constantly defend the party responsible for this fascism. Anything construed as not white-male-Christian-American is off limits for any candid empirical observation. Democrat fascist divide-and-conquer

The LWNJ's have lost all sense of balance. Stating the obvious is now "racist"?

:rofl:

That being said, Bill Maher is still a hideous looking jackass.

Listen, everyone knows that nail salons are mostly filled with asian women, but you cant ever say that because, saying that is, um... bad? Yeah, i think the lesson here is that its bad to point things out. I mean, ive noticed that most children like sweets, but i would never actually say that in public because, well, pointing things out is bad.

By making the statement of an obvious fact an object of controversy, the foreignloving traitors in the media divert attention away from the far more important underlying fact that the traitors in our transnationalist government buy these stores for the foreign economic invaders

I'm more shocked that any man would have what he considered "his" nail salon...

Forum List

Back