Biden’s gas price jumps to $3.51/gal. Up .20 in just the last week.

Biden’s gas price jumps to $3.51/gal. Up .20 in just the last week.​

As a reminder, it was $2.36 when Biden took office. The funny thing is that this regime doesn’t get how this affects working folks, not to mention the sky high prices at the grocery store.

The lowest price of gas during Reagan's presidency, adjusted for inflation, was $4.15 per gallon (LINK, scroll down to table). So we are paying a much smaller share of our income for gas than people paid during the Reagan years.

If we're going to attack Biden--and there is much to attack him over--let's use valid, factual attacks.

Won't effect me in the least. I don't go out much. I get my groceries delivered, but usually get pizza anyway. Corona is still going around. some people are still wearing masks, and count me in that group. But really, I am a bit of a homebody and always have my phone, ipad, or laptop at the ready. I am eating right now lol.

So, I will just mix up a drink and have door dash bring me some goodies. You guys can hand wring over some stupid shit. :clap2: :rofl:

I thought everyone had left their basement. Guess not.

The lowest price of gas during Reagan's presidency, adjusted for inflation, was $4.15 per gallon (LINK, scroll down to table). So we are paying a much smaller share of our income for gas than people paid during the Reagan years.

If we're going to attack Biden--and there is much to attack him over--let's use valid, factual attacks.
Garbage. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. That chart is complete bunk. Nonsense.

Real data here....

Units are in dollars per gallon divided by CPI.

Garbage. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. That chart is complete bunk. Nonsense.
No, it is not garbage.

Real data here....

Units are in dollars per gallon divided by CPI.

I guess you didn't notice that the graph on your link is based on "All Urban Consumers" and "U.S. City Average."

The fact remains that the lowest average price for a gallon of gas during any year of Reagan's presidency was $4.15 when adjusted for inflation.

This is basic math. You take the price of a gallon of gas for a given period and then adjust it for inflation. Here are the gross prices per month per year:

Pick any of those prices for any month during Reagan's presidency and then use any inflation calculator to see how much that equals in 2024 dollars.

Teabaggers are always blaming the government for what corporations are doing.

Joe Barton: the Republican who apologised to BP​

1711100813112.png
The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com › richard-adams-blog › jun

Jun 17, 2010 — Richard Adams: Texas Republican Joe Barton provokes anger and ridicule over his apology to BP for its treatment by the US government.

And they have been doing it ever since.

Without fanfare, oil companies just received a tax break on ...​

1711101106454.png
The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › news › 2018/01/05

Jan 5, 2018 — The tax, which lapsed on the final day of 2017, generated hundreds of millions of dollars annually for federal oil-spill response efforts.

Congressional Republicans allowed a tax on oil companies that generated hundreds of millions of dollars annually for federal oil-spill response efforts to expire this week — a move that amounts to another corporate break in the wake of lawmakers’ sweeping tax overhaul late last month.

The tax on companies selling oil in the United States generated an average of $500 million in federal revenue per year, according to the Government Accountability Office. The money, collected through a 9 cents-per-barrel tax on domestic crude oil and imported crude oil and petroleum products, constituted the main source of revenue for the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund.

Forum List

Back