Biden’s economy hit with one-two punch of bad data.

I think most Americans disagree with your view that concerns over food price increases are a hyperbolic issue.

I'm pretty sure this is a left wing polling site...and they are pushing assigning blame on manufacturers...

"Eighty-eight percent of voters are at least “somewhat concerned” about inflation, including 58% of voters who are “very concerned,” according to a new survey from Data for Progress. This includes a majority of Independents (60%) and Republicans (68%) and a plurality of Democrats (47%) who say they are very concerned. "

<snip>

"When voters who express any level of concern about inflation are then asked why they are concerned, majorities across party lines point to “the cost of food and groceries.” Fifty-seven percent of voters select the cost of groceries, followed by the cost of rent or home prices (19%) and the cost of utilities and home energy prices (12%). Notably, voters under the age of 45 choose the cost of rent or home prices at more than double the rate (29%) of voters who are 45 and older (14%)."

I said you’re hyperbolic. Don’t try to make it sound like I’m saying any concern is hyperbolic. Thats not what I said and it’s pretty dishonest.

Inflation is better. That’s a fact.

No one seriously thinks that we are going to see deflation no matter who is elected. Do you disagree?

Trump inherited a good economy from Obama.
The day to day economy as far as inflation and unemployment was good under Obama, there’s no doubt. The problem is that Obama achieved it by printing and spending a huge amount of money. Nothing to do with freeing up the economy to be productive as trump did.

Biden inherited a good economy but it was still weighed down by the previous spending. Then when he signed off on that incredibly loaded, so-called inflation, reduction act, he sent us right into the toilet.

I said you’re hyperbolic. Don’t try to make it sound like I’m saying any concern is hyperbolic. Thats not what I said and it’s pretty dishonest.

Inflation is better. That’s a fact.

No one seriously thinks that we are going to see deflation no matter who is elected. Do you disagree?

1) You don't agree that most Americans are eating more chicken and less beef and that Tyson Foods is reaping increased market share and profits from that shift in consumer purchasing?

Because that was my original point.

2) "Better" is a relative term. Inflation is still on the rise... It's slowed, but the damage is already done.

3)I made that mistake too. Apparently the correct term is negative inflation...or so I'm told. Deflation means something else.

4) Something's gotta give. The majority of the next generation can't afford to live. A house where I live has literally almost doubled in price in the last four years.

That's not hyperbole.

I'm looking to move my elderly parents closer to me and houses that sold for 167k four years ago are listed at 299k today.

Food prices are just the most obvious tip of the inflation iceberg and the economy is the Titanic.

The day to day economy as far as inflation and unemployment was good under Obama, there’s no doubt. The problem is that Obama achieved it by printing and spending a huge amount of money. Nothing to do with freeing up the economy to be productive as trump did.

Biden inherited a good economy but it was still weighed down by the previous spending. Then when he signed off on that incredibly loaded, so-called inflation, reduction act, he sent us right into the toilet.
Well then it must be a golden toilet, because the economy is kicking ass. Jobs are up, unemployment is down an the stock market is at record levels. Inflation is still a problem, but it is trending down.

Trump exploded the deficit with his tax cuts for the rich.

Well then it must be a golden toilet, because the economy is kicking ass. Jobs are up, unemployment is down an the stock market is at record levels. Inflation is still a problem, but it is trending down.

Trump exploded the deficit with his tax cuts for the rich.
You are good at parroting the talking points, but unfortunately, very few people are believing them anymore. Have you seen the poll numbers?

Spoken like a man that is payday rich.

You know how you stay well off?

You are frugal with your money.

One day when you move out of Mommy's basement you might understand.

Enjoy your 7 years of new car payments. And 30 year mortgage while I bought my house with cash and haven't made a car payment in my life because I was frugal.
Barking up the wrong tree. No car payments. All 4 I paid cash. I’m not against debt, just don’t need it.

Still, people are eating out a record amount. Shopping a record amount, etc. That’s not people being broke.

Exactly. Owning a home is a big part of the American dream. Under Biden’s economy that is not possible for many American. Bidenomics is racking up votes for Trump.
Home ownership is higher under Biden than Trump. More people own homes now and a higher percent own homes. What now Seymour?

Barking up the wrong tree. No car payments. All 4 I paid cash. I’m not against debt, just don’t need it.

Still, people are eating out a record amount. Shopping a record amount, etc. That’s not people being broke.
I'm not against debt if you need it.

I'm not against buying designer clothes and the newest flagship Iphone if you can afford it.

But if you're buying Jordans and folding Samsung phones on credit while you're making two new car payments and a have a second mortgage... I'm certainly going to question your life choices.

We rarely eat out. Once a week, maybe.

Home ownership is higher under Biden than Trump. More people own homes now and a higher percent own homes. What now Seymour?
I'd like to see a link to that, please.

Home ownership was higher under Bush too... And he loved to tout it...right up until the housing market collapse and the subprime mortgage banking crisis.

1) You don't agree that most Americans are eating more chicken and less beef and that Tyson Foods is reaping increased market share and profits from that shift in consumer purchasing?

Because that was my original point.

2) "Better" is a relative term. Inflation is still on the rise... It's slowed, but the damage is already done.

3)I made that mistake too. Apparently the correct term is negative inflation...or so I'm told. Deflation means something else.

4) Something's gotta give. The majority of the next generation can't afford to live. A house where I live has literally almost doubled in price in the last four years.

That's not hyperbole.

I'm looking to move my elderly parents closer to me and houses that sold for 167k four years ago are listed at 299k today.

Food prices are just the most obvious tip of the inflation iceberg and the economy is the Titanic.
People buying less beef is different than saying “no one can afford beef”. I don’t have data on any of these small details but if people switch from beef to chicken (the horror), then beef prices start to go down as demand falls. I don’t have any information on the balance sheet of Tyson foodo.

It depends on what you mean by ”inflation is still on the rise”. The rate of inflation is not on the rise. It’s fallen from 6-7% to 3%. Prices are still on the rise. They ALWAYS are and when prices start to go down (negative inflation or deflation or whatever), it’s usually very bad for the economy. What really matters is if wages increase to match. They are catching up and narrowing the gap.

If you want to talk about the housing market, we should probably start talking about something very different, which is investment real estate.

If you want to talk about the housing market, we should probably start talking about something very different, which is investment real estate.
I don't think we need to... From that remark I think we're pretty simpatico on where the blame for that lies...Blackrock et al.

People buying less beef is different than saying “no one can afford beef”. I don’t have data on any of these small details but if people switch from beef to chicken (the horror), then beef prices start to go down as demand falls. I don’t have any information on the balance sheet of Tyson foodo
A distinction without a difference.

Can't afford beef meaning when they go to the store they may want beef, but can't afford it and buy chicken or pork instead.

A distinction without a difference.

Can't afford beef meaning when they go to the store they may want beef, but can't afford it and buy chicken or pork instead.
If you can’t afford something, you don’t buy it at all. Not “you buy it less”.

It depends on what you mean by ”inflation is still on the rise”. The rate of inflation is not on the rise. It’s fallen from 6-7% to 3%. Prices are still on the rise. They ALWAYS are and when prices start to go down (negative inflation or deflation or whatever), it’s usually very bad for the economy. What really matters is if wages increase to match. They are catching up and narrowing the gap

For us maybe. Those of us with skills.

Those of us not living paycheck to paycheck.

This is a recent article...but it's been this way for a long time. I remember this headline when Bush was president.

Forum List

Back