Biden will not meet with McCarthy

Why would he meet with McCarthy now when there is not a single bill that the House has passed to even talk about?

Was it Biden or McCarthy that gave the House members a 4 day weekend?
Wasn’t Tater. He’s been too busy being pasty white on a Delaware beach.

Why should he?

And I love how the party threatening the government shut down is trying to (again) blame it on the other party. It's not gonna work (again). :heehee:
They've long since ceased to be the party of personal responsibility.

It's the Dim way or the highway, just like it always is.
Stupid and wrong of course, as the democrats have made concessions.

But the gop has a crazy contingent that insists on federal charges against the orange pile of shit being dropped.

So basically the opposite of everything you said is true.

Stupid and wrong of course, as the democrats have made concessions.

But the gop has a crazy contingent that insists on federal charges against the orange pile of shit being dropped.

So basically the opposite of everything you said is true.
What concessions?

Joe Biden appeared to indicate Monday that will not meet with Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy as a potential government shutdown looms, according to a White House pool report.

Congress has until Saturday to pass a continuing resolution (C.R.) or approve 12 appropriations bills in order to avoid a government shutdown, though infighting within the Republican party continues to allow such a threat to continue. Following a meeting with a board of Historically Black Colleges and Universities advisors, Biden was asked by a reporter if he had met with McCarthy, mouthing “I haven’t” in response, according to a White House pool report.

Comment:
The Democrats would love a government shut down.
We have seen this before.
Why would he? Its a Repub vs even crazier Repub issue. Senate already passed a CR.

Joe Biden appeared to indicate Monday that will not meet with Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy as a potential government shutdown looms, according to a White House pool report.

Congress has until Saturday to pass a continuing resolution (C.R.) or approve 12 appropriations bills in order to avoid a government shutdown, though infighting within the Republican party continues to allow such a threat to continue. Following a meeting with a board of Historically Black Colleges and Universities advisors, Biden was asked by a reporter if he had met with McCarthy, mouthing “I haven’t” in response, according to a White House pool report.

Comment:
Democrats don't have the votes to save the GOP from its own stupidity.

Of course, the GOP could save itself but that would require setting aside their performative bullcrap and actually governing and governing is a skill the GOP no longer possesses.

I think Biden should meet with McCarthy, but I don't really see the point since McCarthy really isn't the one that is calling the shots.
You're talking about a group of "people???" who would vote against Jesus if their base demanded so.

What is there to discuss in a meeting with Biden?

Comment:

Republicans are the ones who want a shutdown. Why should anyone talk with McCarthy? Biden made a budget deal already. The question is whether Republicans will honor that deal.

Forum List

Back