Biden will not meet with McCarthy

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Joe Biden appeared to indicate Monday that will not meet with Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy as a potential government shutdown looms, according to a White House pool report.

Congress has until Saturday to pass a continuing resolution (C.R.) or approve 12 appropriations bills in order to avoid a government shutdown, though infighting within the Republican party continues to allow such a threat to continue. Following a meeting with a board of Historically Black Colleges and Universities advisors, Biden was asked by a reporter if he had met with McCarthy, mouthing “I haven’t” in response, according to a White House pool report.

Comment:
The Democrats would love a government shut down.
We have seen this before.

Joe Biden appeared to indicate Monday that will not meet with Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy as a potential government shutdown looms, according to a White House pool report.

Congress has until Saturday to pass a continuing resolution (C.R.) or approve 12 appropriations bills in order to avoid a government shutdown, though infighting within the Republican party continues to allow such a threat to continue. Following a meeting with a board of Historically Black Colleges and Universities advisors, Biden was asked by a reporter if he had met with McCarthy, mouthing “I haven’t” in response, according to a White House pool report.

Comment:

The ball is in the Repubs court, their leader is telling them to shut it down. No possible way anyone can blame this one on the Dems.

I think Biden should meet with McCarthy, but I don't really see the point since McCarthy really isn't the one that is calling the shots.

Of course the ball is in the Repubs court, you really expect Dems to take responsibility for anything?

Is the leader of the Dems telling his party to shut down the Govt?

Is it the Dems that cannot even agree on the rules for debating a bill to fund the DOD, let alone actually talk about said bill?

I think Biden should meet with McCarthy, but I don't really see the point since McCarthy really isn't the one that is calling the shots.

Why would he meet with McCarthy now when there is not a single bill that the House has passed to even talk about?

Was it Biden or McCarthy that gave the House members a 4 day weekend?

The ball is in the Repubs court, their leader is telling them to shut it down. No possible way anyone can blame this one on the Dems.
1695737686596.png

Comment:
Why should he?

And I love how the party threatening the government shut down is trying to (again) blame it on the other party. It's not gonna work (again). :heehee:

Comment:
Act like badly behaved children.

Blame everyone else.

the RNC platform

It is not unreasonable to try to make Dimwingers live up to their oath of office.

Forum List

Back