Biden: ‘We misread how bad the economy was’

Is this the same Warren Buffet ......

The explosive rise of the U.S. budget deficit and debt burden will lead to serious inflation down the road, says billionaire and Obama supporter Warren Buffett.

The Congressional Budget Office predicts that government debt will peak around 54 percent of GDP in 2011.

But Buffett told CNBC Monday morning that the ratio could surpass 80 percent — unless there are significant spending cuts or tax increases
Moneynews - Buffett Sees Massive Inflation to Handle Staggering Debt

Oh yeah....the party of taxes, because it isn't a party that will cut back on spending, Grump

Jesus,, how much time do you need? We were told that it would make big changes immediately.

He's been in office six months and you want immediate results? hhhmm..the biggest problem righties have right now is credibility. Bush stuffed things up, and from the day Obama took office people were riding him. Sure, after 12 months, give him shit. But the DAY (it's right here on this board, go back and have a look) he took office they were callign him a failure. Pretty hard to take a rightie's's opinion on his performance seriously when they never gave him a chance in the first place.

The way Obama is cramming his agenda in the first 9 months down our throats, by the time 12 months rolls around, it will be too late Grump.

Damnit..you beat me to it. That's exactly right!!! I would add this thought though...why were we in such a hurry to get that 750 billion passed through? His own cabinet members are complaining that they can't get their hands on it!!! Why not? If it was so necessary to save us from immediate disaster, why is unemployment continuing to go up? All that money was supposed to stop that within a matter of weeks. The big O himself said so. How many 2nd chances do we have to give him? Everybody keeps screaming "give him a chance!" We can't afford it anymore!

The way Obama is cramming his agenda in the first 9 months down our throats, by the time 12 months rolls around, it will be too late Grump.

What will be too late?
What would you have done instead?
On all these "Obama fucks the economy" threads, I've seen no viable alternative.
Most seem to object to him nationalising some of the financial institutions (like he wanted to?), but nobody is offering up anything else that would have worked. And there has STILL nobody knows if it has worked or not because there hasn't been enough time to tell...

What I would have done? If Obama was sincere he would have the stimulus bill go to creating new jobs without the mandates on how the money is spent on creating them.....jobs that are in the reality, and not pie in the sky. I wouldn't have congered up a stimulus bill to pay back the unions...that would be the first thing, Grump.

What will be too late?
What would you have done instead?
On all these "Obama fucks the economy" threads, I've seen no viable alternative.
Most seem to object to him nationalising some of the financial institutions (like he wanted to?), but nobody is offering up anything else that would have worked. And there has STILL nobody knows if it has worked or not because there hasn't been enough time to tell...

You keep asking this question "what would you have done different?" So I will answer the question for you...(even though I know it won't satisfy you)

I wouldn't be in such a damned hurry! I would also live up to my promises of my ZERO tolerance on unnecessary spending. I would honor my promise to be transparent. I would not have bailed out failed private businesses. I would spend more time concentrating on apologizing to the people here in America who are still losing their jobs because we printed more money than we should and the economy tanked even further instead of running all over the world talking about how bad we are as a nation.

You asked...I answered. But it doesn't really matter, because I'm not the President. It doesn't matter what ANYBODY else would do. What matters is what is happening and who is making it happen. At the moment that is Barack Hussein Obama

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
What I would have done? If Obama was sincere he would have the stimulus bill go to creating new jobs without the mandates on how the money is spent on creating them.....jobs that are in the reality, and not pie in the sky. I wouldn't have congered up a stimulus bill to pay back the unions...that would be the first thing, Grump.

Those bills always come with mandates. How people could expect a turnaround in weeks amazes me....

You keep asking this question "what would you have done different?" So I will answer the question for you...(even though I know it won't satisfy you)

I wouldn't be in such a damned hurry! I would also live up to my promises of my ZERO tolerance on unnecessary spending. I would honor my promise to be transparent. I would not have bailed out failed private businesses. I would spend more time concentrating on apologizing to the people here in America who are still losing their jobs because we printed more money than we should and the economy tanked even further instead of running all over the world talking about how bad we are as a nation.

You asked...I answered. But it doesn't really matter, because I'm not the President. It doesn't matter what ANYBODY else would do. What matters is what is happening and who is making it happen. At the moment that is Barack Hussein Obama

If he hadn't bailed out those businesses - especially the banks - it would have been a whole lot worse.

I think he has been transparent.

See, you make interesting points then get all emotional about him dissing the US (which he hasn't ONCE).

Did Bush once apologise the two years the economy was tanking under his watch? Or did he fiddle while the US burned

Those bills always come with mandates. How people could expect a turnaround in weeks amazes me....

You have missed the point on this one Grump. The point being that a lot of jobs could have been created if you left it to the employers. But, the mandates are that they have to be union wages.....leaving a lot fewer jobs being created, and left with a higher unemployment rate.....

If he hadn't bailed out those businesses - especially the banks - it would have been a whole lot worse.

See, you make interesting points then get all emotional about him dissing the US (which he hasn't ONCE).

Did Bush once apologise the two years the economy was tanking under his watch? Or did he fiddle while the US burned

Are you talking about when the democrats controlled both the Senate, and the House? What could he have done? Any ideas?

The explosive rise of the U.S. budget deficit and debt burden will lead to serious inflation down the road, says billionaire and Obama supporter Warren Buffett.

The Congressional Budget Office predicts that government debt will peak around 54 percent of GDP in 2011.

But Buffett told CNBC Monday morning that the ratio could surpass 80 percent — unless there are significant spending cuts or tax increases

Oh yeah....the party of taxes, because it isn't a party that will cut back on spending, Grump

Yep...that's the same one. Remember, he's the expert

I only expected what Obama told me to expect

[ What is the Obama administration supposed to do that will cause financial institutions to start lending money, stimulate the economy, decrease unemployment, and keep inflation at a desirable level. .

For starters they can quit scaring business to death with their cap and tax plans. Who is going to try to grow their business right now with the possiblity of energy costs doubling in the near future?
And for my own personal rant, I see the future if Democrats continue to be in charge as one in which if I give someone a job, then the government is going to make me even further responsible for that person's future. I want to hire employees, not take someone to raise.

You really should read more...he has conceded alot that he disagreed with about how the US has operated in the past. It's no secret he wants everybody to like him and the only way to do that for some is to come in and say "we've handled things wrong in the past and I want you to know that I'm not gonna make the same mistakes." While that's not a word for word apology, it's pretty close. The point is, if you want to put on a strong united front, you don't admit weakness. Obama has been very vocal about our weaknesses. I'm not saying we don't have them. I'm just saying that sometimes it makes it harder to affect change by tearing down the entire structure.

Bush didn't apologize for anything because he wasn't looking for anyone to blame.

You really should read more...he has conceded alot that he disagreed with about how the US has operated in the past. It's no secret he wants everybody to like him and the only way to do that for some is to come in and say "we've handled things wrong in the past and I want you to know that I'm not gonna make the same mistakes." While that's not a word for word apology, it's pretty close. The point is, if you want to put on a strong united front, you don't admit weakness. Obama has been very vocal about our weaknesses. I'm not saying we don't have them. I'm just saying that sometimes it makes it harder to affect change by tearing down the entire structure.

Bush didn't apologize for anything because he wasn't looking for anyone to blame.

But some people perceive it as a weakness for NOT apologising for thinks that were wrong in the past. During Bush nobody feared or respected the US. You are getting the respect back.

How could Bush be looking for anybody to blame when he caused it? Are you saying he shouldn't apologise for his stuff ups, but Obama should apologise for Bush's stuff ups?

Yep...that's the same one. Remember, he's the expert

He's an expert, not THE expert. nobody would be stupid enough to call themselves that.

Olbie It was the Democrats rising to the defense of Fannie and Freddie and preventing the reforms that Bush & Company had been asking for as early as 2003 that produced the housing bubble in the first palce. And please not the stock market peaked in october 2007 just as the Dems first Budget went on line and has been pretty much all down hill ever since.

But some people perceive it as a weakness for NOT apologising for thinks that were wrong in the past. During Bush nobody feared or respected the US. You are getting the respect back.

How could Bush be looking for anybody to blame when he caused it? Are you saying he shouldn't apologise for his stuff ups, but Obama should apologise for Bush's stuff ups?

keyword...SOME...not MOST. I'm sorry...I just have a hard time with you saying that Bush caused all the chaos on the world. Throughout history, the US has been a powerful force to be dealt with. Nobody is perfect. Mistakes will be made in EVERY administration. But for you to sit there and insist that relations have only been on edge between the US and the middle east is just plain blind and ignorant. The only reason there is tension over there because of Bush is that he actually took the initiative to do something about what was and continues to go on there. He didn't get alot of support from other countries, but something needed to happen and he along with congress made that decision to go. Have you ever stopped to wonder if we would have gone to Iraq without a 9/11? Do you think he would have just loaded up and gone to war? Keep in mind that even the democrats in congress approved his decision to go to Iraq. Remember the 80's? US hostage crisis? I don't think Bush caused that. Bill Clinton was in office when the USS Cole was attacked. Again...NOT Bush's fault. See? But the really important part of it all is that to be a super power, you have to do powerful things and you have to maintain a powerful image. We're not the ones who flew planes into buildings and crashed into fields. You can't let something like that go unanswered. However, I think that if something like that were to happen today, we would not react like a super power. We would look weak and defeated. God help us when that day comes. And I'm afraid it will.

For the first time in my adult life, I am truly scared for future of our country.

Olbie It was the Democrats rising to the defense of Fannie and Freddie and preventing the reforms that Bush & Company had been asking for as early as 2003 that produced the housing bubble in the first palce. And please not the stock market peaked in october 2007 just as the Dems first Budget went on line and has been pretty much all down hill ever since.

What were the reforms Bush wanted? They had Congress and the presidency and they couldn't push their agenda through? Booolllshit...

I blame Raygun for taking the shackles off building societies back in '82....

The chief shackles on builders were never federal in the first place. And in case no one has ever told you grump in the US senate if you don't have sixty votes -and the most Bush ever had was 52 and four of them sell outs - the opposition can block anything they are willing to take the political heat for and there is damn little the majority party can do about it.

Forum List

Back