Sarah Palin, Victim, Martyr, Stalinist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ravi, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,774
    Sarah Palin attorney warns press on 'defamatory material' - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

I haven't stopped laughing at Republicans since McCain suspended his campaign to "fix" the bank bailout bill.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    So is this your opinion that anyone should be able to slander and defame someone at will?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    [​IMG]

4. mightypeon

mightypeon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    On behalf of this boards communists, I have to hotly protest against such attempts to link the terms "Communism" and "Sarah Palin". While we communists do, as a matter of fact, have relativly few troubles with taking in Georgian Bankrobbers (Josef Stalin), North Korean nutcases (Kim Il Something) or random hollywood dropouts (Jane Fonda), we will never sink far enough to accept someone like Sarah Palin.

Cheers,

Mightypeon

5. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Yep. There's a scandal coming. This is all pre emptive positioning.

6. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    I think that Palin was more of a novelty than anything else. Few people thought that McCain would ask Palin to run. Also there was that attitude: “Neato, we could have a female governor from Alaska as president.” I think that the poll numbers bounced up a tiny bit as a result for the Republican team for a while due to Palin. Yet, the numbers settled back down after the novelty wore off and Palin was put under the preverbal microscope. People learned about her support/opposition to the “bridge to nowhere” and about the allegations of her abuse of power concerning her relatives. They eventually saw her as just another politician.

With regard to media attention, I’m not sure what percentage of the time the media went looking for her and what percentage of the time, after the excitement of the election was over, she went looking for a camera. A little while after the election, she seemed to migrate to the talk-show circuit and whine about how the alleged pro-liberal biased media picked on her unfairly. She struck me as something of a cry-baby. Her comments during her resignation speech give support to this notion. She said that, “We know we can affect [sic] positive change outside government at this moment in time on another scale and actually make a difference." She felt that politics had become a "superficial, wasteful bloodsport”.

I’d like to know what more change can be made outside of government than can be made inside of government? I think that when she stepped out from behind that frozen tundra and into the national spotlight, she was shocked by what she had gotten herself into. She did a fair job of fighting for the Whitehouse to the bitter end but I think that on the inside she was thinking, “Oh, God. I can’t wait until this is over so that I can go back home for a while and then cry about how I was treated, and then get out of the political kitchen all together.”

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  7. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    This whole thing is being pulled around in every direction, as to what it means. I think it is political, to the point that there is a big scandal coming down and leaving office is better than being removed. "I quit" looks just a smidge better than "I was impeached" on a resume.

It's a page from the Nixon handbook.

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,683
    she's a patriotic proud American unlike the asshole you voted for.

9. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    She is (or was) a typical American politician.

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,683
    of course it is,, and they get to decide "who deserves it.: that's what makes them vile.13 year olds deserve it. and little children with Down's Syndrome.