Sarah Palin, Victim, Martyr, Stalinist

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
In an extraordinary four-page letter, Alaska-based attorney Thomas Van Flein warns of severe consequences should speculation that until now has largely been confined to blogs about whether Palin embezzled funds in the construction of a Wasilla, Alaska, sports arena find its way into print.
Sarah Palin attorney warns press on 'defamatory material' - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

I haven't stopped laughing at Republicans since McCain suspended his campaign to "fix" the bank bailout bill.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So is this your opinion that anyone should be able to slander and defame someone at will?

In an extraordinary four-page letter, Alaska-based attorney Thomas Van Flein warns of severe consequences should speculation that until now has largely been confined to blogs about whether Palin embezzled funds in the construction of a Wasilla, Alaska, sports arena find its way into print.
Sarah Palin attorney warns press on 'defamatory material' - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

I haven't stopped laughing at Republicans since McCain suspended his campaign to "fix" the bank bailout bill.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
the-court-finds-you-gay.jpg

On behalf of this boards communists, I have to hotly protest against such attempts to link the terms "Communism" and "Sarah Palin". While we communists do, as a matter of fact, have relativly few troubles with taking in Georgian Bankrobbers (Josef Stalin), North Korean nutcases (Kim Il Something) or random hollywood dropouts (Jane Fonda), we will never sink far enough to accept someone like Sarah Palin.

Cheers,

Mightypeon

I think that Palin was more of a novelty than anything else. Few people thought that McCain would ask Palin to run. Also there was that attitude: “Neato, we could have a female governor from Alaska as president.” I think that the poll numbers bounced up a tiny bit as a result for the Republican team for a while due to Palin. Yet, the numbers settled back down after the novelty wore off and Palin was put under the preverbal microscope. People learned about her support/opposition to the “bridge to nowhere” and about the allegations of her abuse of power concerning her relatives. They eventually saw her as just another politician.

With regard to media attention, I’m not sure what percentage of the time the media went looking for her and what percentage of the time, after the excitement of the election was over, she went looking for a camera. A little while after the election, she seemed to migrate to the talk-show circuit and whine about how the alleged pro-liberal biased media picked on her unfairly. She struck me as something of a cry-baby. Her comments during her resignation speech give support to this notion. She said that, “We know we can affect [sic] positive change outside government at this moment in time on another scale and actually make a difference." She felt that politics had become a "superficial, wasteful bloodsport”.

I’d like to know what more change can be made outside of government than can be made inside of government? I think that when she stepped out from behind that frozen tundra and into the national spotlight, she was shocked by what she had gotten herself into. She did a fair job of fighting for the Whitehouse to the bitter end but I think that on the inside she was thinking, “Oh, God. I can’t wait until this is over so that I can go back home for a while and then cry about how I was treated, and then get out of the political kitchen all together.”

Last edited:
This whole thing is being pulled around in every direction, as to what it means. I think it is political, to the point that there is a big scandal coming down and leaving office is better than being removed. "I quit" looks just a smidge better than "I was impeached" on a resume.

It's a page from the Nixon handbook.

she's a patriotic proud American unlike the asshole you voted for.

So is this your opinion that anyone should be able to slander and defame someone at will?

of course it is,, and they get to decide "who deserves it.: that's what makes them vile.13 year olds deserve it. and little children with Down's Syndrome.

If I owned a paper, I would publish this exact text:

Alaska-based attorney Thomas Van Flein warns of severe consequences should speculation that until now has largely been confined to blogs about whether Palin embezzled funds in the construction of a Wasilla, Alaska, sports arena find its way into print.

Scores of left-leaning blogs posted speculation in the wake of Palin’s surprise announcement Friday and among the most common theories was that she was on the verge of federal indictment over the 2002 construction of the sports arena

I would like to see them try to sue a paper for writing the above, since the paper would only be publishing the truth (i.e. attorney warns of consequences, and blogs are reporting speculations.)

Alaska-based attorney Thomas Van Flein warns of severe consequences should speculation that until now has largely been confined to blogs about whether Palin embezzled funds in the construction of a Wasilla, Alaska, sports arena find its way into print.

Scores of left-leaning blogs posted speculation in the wake of Palin’s surprise announcement Friday and among the most common theories was that she was on the verge of federal indictment over the 2002 construction of the sports arena

I would like to see them try to sue a paper for writing the above, since the paper would only be publishing the truth (i.e. attorney warns of consequences, and blogs are reporting speculations.)

That is pretty funny.

"We acknowledge that there is speculation about a crime. However, if anyone else acknowledges the same, we will sue."

That is pretty funny.

"We acknowledge that there is speculation about a crime. However, if anyone else acknowledges the same, we will sue."

Can they sue if it is reported that the attorney acknowledges that there is speculation about a crime?

That is pretty funny.

Can they sue if it is reported that the attorney acknowledges that there is speculation about a crime?

Great headline.

Palin Attorney Ackowledges Specualtion of Massive Fraud.

Typical American politicians don't go after their own corrupt party.
Typically many people do not go after corruption if it is to their own benefit. If you do you are a target.

And she has been a target. Not only of the left, which is a given, but also from her own party.
Yes she has been. Knowing how crappy politics is I feel like she had no clue what kind of whorl wind she was getting ready to reap. Alaska is basically small town as Idaho is. I got involved in Idaho in 1993 to get people out to vote in our little town. That year the town had close to two hundred voters show. The normal was fifty to sixty. I was arrested on false charges the night after the election. A dear friend of mine that was an assistant AG was furious as he could not get a warrant of any kind for a major drug dealer for tax evasion and a night warrant no less for a frivolous bullshit charge. I would have advised Sarah Palin to protect her family at all cost and wait until everyone was grown and on their own before stepping onto the national political scene. For one she is a woman, two she is obviously beautiful (that's a kicker that pisses off men and women alike), three I would bet her family is more important to her than any political position out there.

It disgust me to no end to see what the media has become. This country used to have true journalist not a bunch of gossiping bunch of irritants that have a hard on to take on anyone who has the guts to stand up and take a stand for the average family.

Forum List

Back