Biden: ‘We misread how bad the economy was’

keyword...SOME...not MOST. I'm sorry...I just have a hard time with you saying that Bush caused all the chaos on the world. Throughout history, the US has been a powerful force to be dealt with. Nobody is perfect. Mistakes will be made in EVERY administration. But for you to sit there and insist that relations have only been on edge between the US and the middle east is just plain blind and ignorant. The only reason there is tension over there because of Bush is that he actually took the initiative to do something about what was and continues to go on there. He didn't get alot of support from other countries, but something needed to happen and he along with congress made that decision to go. Have you ever stopped to wonder if we would have gone to Iraq without a 9/11? Do you think he would have just loaded up and gone to war? Keep in mind that even the democrats in congress approved his decision to go to Iraq. Remember the 80's? US hostage crisis? I don't think Bush caused that. Bill Clinton was in office when the USS Cole was attacked. Again...NOT Bush's fault. See? But the really important part of it all is that to be a super power, you have to do powerful things and you have to maintain a powerful image. We're not the ones who flew planes into buildings and crashed into fields. You can't let something like that go unanswered. However, I think that if something like that were to happen today, we would not react like a super power. We would look weak and defeated. God help us when that day comes. And I'm afraid it will.

For the first time in my adult life, I am truly scared for future of our country.

I don't think you should have gone into Iraq at all, and I think a US presence in the Gulf makes things worse, not better. If you guys weren't in the ME, I doubt 9-11 would have even happened. But we will never know.

I've always felt you did what you did in Iraq, not because they were any threat, it was a payback for 9-11 (even though Iraq had nothing to do with it). It was a big "don't fuck with us' and that's where you lose people. Because we're not sitting here going "go USA, it's payback time for 9-11", we're going "WTF? Why are you going after Iraq". IOW, if you chose your enemies and they were deserving of getting their butts kicked, you would get a tonne of support. Going after the wrong people, is going after the wrong people. Now, you may be able to pull the wool over some gun-loving Christian right-winger with a 6th grade education, but those of us who are more worldly in our approach, saw it for what it was - having a go at the wrong person for something they didn't do. Nothing more than school yard bullying, and nobody likes a bully.

The way Obama is cramming his agenda in the first 9 months down our throats, by the time 12 months rolls around, it will be too late Grump.

What will be too late?
What would you have done instead?
On all these "Obama fucks the economy" threads, I've seen no viable alternative.Most seem to object to him nationalising some of the financial institutions (like he wanted to?), but nobody is offering up anything else that would have worked. And there has STILL nobody knows if it has worked or not because there hasn't been enough time to tell...

Could be you've been walking through this thread with blinders on -- the same way you went to the voting booth.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ad-how-bad-the-economy-was-4.html#post1321333

O'Reilly clip on the news: California is bankrupt. The U.S. could be also. Obama ia tlaking about ANOTHER huge stimulus package. [tape of Biden here] Even Pelosi can figure this out!

LMAO

Here is an editorial cartoon 75 years old! Seem familiar? Most all of us know what happened and how long it took to get things straightened out. Most of those in DC weren't even born then!
Look at this cartoon from 1934 and look especially carefully at the plan of action. Remember the adage, "Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it".

political+cartoon.jpg

Could have been drawn yesterday. What has changed? Just the names!

You have missed the point on this one Grump. The point being that a lot of jobs could have been created if you left it to the employers. But, the mandates are that they have to be union wages.....leaving a lot fewer jobs being created, and left with a higher unemployment rate.....

Actually, if that were the case, then we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now given that what you're suggesting is a return to the same failed policies that got us here. Don't you think that would be counterproductive?

You have missed the point on this one Grump. The point being that a lot of jobs could have been created if you left it to the employers. But, the mandates are that they have to be union wages.....leaving a lot fewer jobs being created, and left with a higher unemployment rate.....

Actually, if that were the case, then we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now given that what you're suggesting is a return to the same failed policies that got us here. Don't you think that would be counterproductive?

Well Meister seems to be saying that union wages are responsible for some of the unemployment and you seem to be saying that getting rid of union wages was part of the problem, but that's not even close to the truth. I'm not sure I've got the full scope of what you're trying to get across.

Umm.... Given that Obama has opted for sequels of "failed policies" on the foreign front AND the domestic front, what, exactly, is your problem with this one in particular?

Actually it is the case. Calif being a fine example of where a union boss is in charge of how stim money is allocated. Unions quickened the demise of the auto industry and is currently driving Boeings out of the state.

You should do a little investigation before taking an indefensible position.

No shit sherlock.

The rest of his comments are also amusing, I really liked the one about ignoring North Korea in the hopes they will go away.

Another fun was he wants to send the Army back to iraq as needed.

Biden: ‘We misread how bad the economy was’ - White House- msnbc.com

The old saying about people getting the gov they deserve seems to be in overdrive now.

I didn't read the link yet, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he's laying the foundations for something like this...

"We misread how bad the economy was.......soooooo, you remember all that shit we promised you at the election? Well, guess what? It's going to take longer and cost more. Oh, and in the meantime we're going to revise the targets. Sorry about that but this is difficult stuff, the current administration have been left an almost impossible task by the last one, and we know that all right-minded Americans will understand".

Fucking politicians. And fucking idiot voters that actually believe them, year after year after year.

You should take your own advice when talking about California? Isn't that the state where the people recalled a Dem governor and put a Repub in his place?

Here is the breakdown of the Ca. state Assembly, and Senate, Grump. Arnie ran as a republican, because that would have been the only way to get his foot in the door. No one would have voted in another democrat. Arnie is a RINO, and more democrat than anything else....he did mary Maria Shriver...a Kennedy. But, no republican is going to get anything done with the make up of the politicians in the state.
When Arnie took over there was a 5 billion dollar deficit, now it's at a staggering 24 billion and rising. That just isn't Arnie, that's the far left dems, and the state unions ruining this once great state.

Ca. Senate:........Democrate........Republican........Independant

Ca. Assembly.....49.....................29....................1

Last edited:

You should take your own advice when talking about California? Isn't that the state where the people recalled a Dem governor and put a Repub in his place?

Here is the breakdown of the Ca. state Assembly, and Senate, Grump. Arnie ran as a republican, because that would have been the only way to get his foot in the door. No one would have voted in another democrat. Arnie is a RINO, and more democrat than anything else....he did mary Maria Shriver...a Kennedy. But, no republican is going to get anything done with the make up of the politicians in the state.
When Arnie took over there was a 5 billion dollar deficit, now it's at a staggering 24 billion and rising. That just isn't Arnie, that's the far left dems, and the state unions ruining this once great state.

Ca. Senate:........Democrate........Republican........Independant

Ca. Assembly.....49.....................29....................1

And what has arnold done since his time in office?

John McCain 2006 – Warning On Current Housing Crisis

I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.

I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation.

The Democrats Killed this measure in Committee preventing a full Senate Vote.

Barack Obama voted against this reform.

John McCain 2006 – Warning On Current Housing Crisis « Mcauleysworld’s Weblog

Some people saw it coming...

When's the second stimulus coming? :evil:

John McCain 2006 – Warning On Current Housing Crisis

I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.

I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation.

The Democrats Killed this measure in Committee preventing a full Senate Vote.

Barack Obama voted against this reform.

John McCain 2006 – Warning On Current Housing Crisis « Mcauleysworld’s Weblog

Some people saw it coming...

When's the second stimulus coming? :evil:

Though the video is partisan and should be taken with a grain of salt, there are some points in it that are worth knowing.

Of course Obama voted against it...

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/usvG-s_Ssb0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/usvG-s_Ssb0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

this shows you to be a partisan moron
those bailouts were voted on by the dem controled congress
one that INCLUDED Obama's vote

And the name of that Republican stimulus package was...umm..."Repubpump." No that wasn't it. What was the name of the Repub TARP..."CTBB,"- Cash to Bush Buddies. What was the name for the Repub plan to help main street? Hmmm...guess they didn't have any ideas. Did the Repubs do anything? Did Repubs vote for anything? Republicans really are the "do nothing" party no wonder they are dead. Dead as the dinos!

raptor800.jpg

make up your freakin mind...if they are the DO NOTHING party, then how do you explain the terrible mess you claim they got us into? Are you now going to cast blame on the republican party because the democrats voted the stimulus through??? Amazing​

Casting blame on the dead party is easy. They did nothing to protect the safegards in our financial markets. Then they offered no plan to correct the situation, again doing nothing. Nobody knows what the stimulus plan is going to do precisely, but at least Democrats met with experts, and came up with a reasonable plan.

Republicans had no plan, and did nothing. Now the Repubs sit in their offices taking pot shots at the guy who tried to do something! It is time for some hangings, Republicans are UnAmerican.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back