Biblical Marriage Explained

Fat Bastardo

Jun 19, 2015

A lot of you Christians think you know the Bible but the fact is most of you have never even actually read it. The Above video explains the kinds of marriage of which your god approves. Watch and learn!

Look, another lefty troll thread trying to pass itself off as a "Religion and Ethics" thread.

11229695_870572989681469_542352983188190596_n.jpg

• Banned
Look, another lefty troll thread trying to pass itself off as a "Religion and Ethics" thread.

Your god is a loathsome god and you Christers don't even know that is in the Bible because you haven't read it.

Lot got drunk and impregnated his virgin daughters. God's words not mine.

Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. Genesis 19:32-36

Abraham married his half sister, Sarah. (Sarah and Abraham had the same father, Terah.) But God didn't mind. He blessed their union, her "a mother of nations." And yet indeed, she [Sarah] is my [Abraham's] sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife. Genesis 20:12

And I will bless her [Sarah], and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her. Genesis 17:16

Moses and Aaron were the products of an incestuous marriage. (Their father, Amram, married his sister, Jochebed.)And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses. Exodus 6:20

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. --Numbers 31:15-18

God's Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.

Rape Then Marriage of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Once again God approves of forcible rape.

The only thing worse than Bible God are the people who worship him.

• Banned
a lib in religion threads is always a good time. Such easy targets.

Try winning this moron. I piss on you and your evil god.
img1367.png

Your God Assists Rape and Plunder (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

img1367.png

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

hey heathen; theres this thing- its called FREE WILL. Google it.

• Banned

img1367.png

hey heathen; theres this thing- its called FREE WILL. Google it.

Apparently you have never actually read the Bible because the Bible says that there is no free will. Your charlatans preacher tell you that there is free will to keep you coming back to church but they don't tell you what is really in the Bible but I will.

What the Bible says about Free Will
God determines who is going to heaven ...

"And as many as were ordained to eternal life believed." -- Acts 13:48

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate.... Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified." -- Romans 8:29-30

"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." -- 2 Timothy 1:9

"He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will." -- Ephesians 1:4-5

"God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation." -- 2 Thessalonians 2:13

and who is going to hell.

"God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned." -- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

"For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation." -- Jude 4

There's nothing you can do about it.

"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth. .... For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction." -- Romans 9:11-22

God screwed you peasant. Jesus lied and God is an asshole.

Should we be looking for targets to crush or our lost brethren to reconcile with God?

Seems to me if we are trying to debate and discuss to "win" arguments we are doing it to gratify our own pride and not for God's glory.

If our eye is single to God's glory than we will act and speak with a desire to bless others and reconcile them with us and with God.

Should we be looking for targets to crush or our lost brethren to reconcile with God?

Seems to me if we are trying to debate and discuss to "win" arguments we are doing it to gratify our own pride and not for God's glory.

If our eye is single to God's glory than we will act and speak with a desire to bless others and reconcile them with us and with God.

Not me... I'm just presenting what the Bible says. I can't help it if the god of the Bible is pure evil and hates women.

If there is no free will then why do the scriptures tell us to "chose this day whom you will serve?"

If you want to screw us why bother talking to us at all?

You are angry at God and the world. I can understand that. We go through and suffer a lot that can make us angry if we are without hope. But I have felt of God's love for me. And I know for myself that He loves you as well. And His love is completely unconditional. If you let Him, He will heal your pain. He will soften your heart and anger.

Tell me, if you could would you want to feel the love He has for you?

Not me... I'm just presenting what the Bible says. I can't help it if the god of the Bible is pure evil and hates women.

I don't think you know the God of the Bible. Because I know for a fact that He loves you literally more than life itself.

I don't think you know the God of the Bible. Because I know for a fact that He loves you literally more than life itself.

God love people more than life itself? He sure has a funny way of showing it. God can do anything. OK God... DIE!

for the record-----as to marriage----the ANCIENT GREEKS had the same idea as that described in the bible as did the ancient hindus as did the ancient Vikings -----in fact as did the native americans.

There is a difference between presenting out-of-context passages to legitimize personal hatred of God, and of truly understanding the lessons each author is presenting. Taken individually, out of context, puts it all out of balance. Taken in context, and along side balancing passages, the true picture emerges.

Misuse of any text (Biblical or not) is not that interesting; it is all too common. More interesting is what is reflected in that misuse--in your case a deep and lasting hatred of God. Would you be willing to share with us the root cause of this hatred? Or, were you born hating God?

I wouldn't go that far.

Your god is a loathsome god and you Christers don't even know that is in the Bible because you haven't read it.

Lot got drunk and impregnated his virgin daughters. God's words not mine.

Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. Genesis 19:32-36

Abraham married his half sister, Sarah. (Sarah and Abraham had the same father, Terah.) But God didn't mind. He blessed their union, her "a mother of nations." And yet indeed, she [Sarah] is my [Abraham's] sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife. Genesis 20:12

And I will bless her [Sarah], and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her. Genesis 17:16

Moses and Aaron were the products of an incestuous marriage. (Their father, Amram, married his sister, Jochebed.)And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses. Exodus 6:20

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. --Numbers 31:15-18

God's Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.

Rape Then Marriage of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Once again God approves of forcible rape.

The only thing worse than Bible God are the people who worship him.
And Lot's family was the one G-d saw fit to save.

Considering God can come back from the dead as many times as God wants, that is not really saying much.

There is a difference between presenting out-of-context passages to legitimize personal hatred of God, and of truly understanding the lessons each author is presenting. Taken individually, out of context, puts it all out of balance. Taken in context, and along side balancing passages, the true picture emerges.

Misuse of any text (Biblical or not) is not that interesting; it is all too common. More interesting is what is reflected in that misuse--in your case a deep and lasting hatred of God. Would you be willing to share with us the root cause of this hatred? Or, were you born hating God?

So far, he presented the laws found in the Bible.

I thought the law concerning rape was very straightforward. What "translation" do you use for it?

Forum List

Back