Best Damn Country Song Ever Made?

Best damn country song ever written?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No!

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
o how funny....last night...my son's yankee friend called while we were all in the car...he kept trying to tell her where we were...she couldnt understand him....at which one of the people in the car...yells...."go back to your own country"...of course we all find that highly amusing except for the little yankee girl who hanged up the phone lol

country music is a large area....depending on who you are drinking with..it can embrace a span that goes from bob wills....to kid rock....you have all the various types of country....the carter family blend of country and bluegrass.....to the pure nasal tones of hank williams...

to be honest...no lady should know the likes of david allan coe...he is basically a aryan loud mouth fuck who makes great damned music...

but if you want to dip the toe into the water....listen to pasty and hank...try some texas swing...since you like to two step...(yankees two stepping now there is a mental image i dont want)

rockytop is not fucking country....its bluegrass...come on people work with me here....bluegrass is not country.....i didnt know mud was a yankee too?

rockytop is not fucking country....its bluegrass...come on people work with me here....bluegrass is not country.....i didnt know mud was a yankee too?

Not much difference. And I didn't know that there was a "Fucken Country" class of music.

You have to be a bit more specific what your guildlines are before you start raising hell.

Do you have to play a Steel-guitar to qualify?

Is it about Crying, Dying, of Going Somewhere?

Does the song contain words or phrases about your Daddy being in prison or driving a truck?

To be honest Country isn't the same as what it was when I was a kid. Many of the country stars don't even wear Cowboy hats anymore. Some of them even have purple hair.

And being from Montana but having roots here in Tennessee I have enough country roots to qualify. After all Country Western Music is about the west not Georgia or SC. Hank Williams spent time in the hospital in my hometown after one of his wrecks.

Last edited:
has specific does one need to be to tell the difference in country and bluegrass?

and why dont you get this...you are a yankee.....you are not from the south....therefore there is only one other thing you can be..and that is a yankee...clear enough on that...

Some good songs posted here, but while there are best ballads, best dance tunes, best love songs, best tear jerkers, best drinking songs, best fight songs, etc., a true country fan can't really zero in on the best of the best.

If I had to pick one out of the pack, however, I think it would be Garth Brooks' "The Dance." After all this time, it still has power to move me.

has specific does one need to be to tell the difference in country and bluegrass?

and why dont you get this...you are a yankee.....you are not from the south....therefore there is only one other thing you can be..and that is a yankee...clear enough on that...

Do I sense a little bigotry here?

Being a Yankee doesn't mean I don't know about country music. Btw.....I'm related to Daniel Boone. Wonder if he was a Yankee.

Being from the South doesn't give you exclusive rights to any particular musical genre.

country music is a large area....depending on who you are drinking with..it can embrace a span that goes from bob wills....to kid rock....you have all the various types of country....the carter family blend of country and bluegrass.....to the pure nasal tones of hank williams...

to be honest...no lady should know the likes of david allan coe...he is basically a aryan loud mouth fuck who makes great damned music...

but if you want to dip the toe into the water....listen to pasty and hank...try some texas swing...since you like to two step...(yankees two stepping now there is a mental image i dont want)
Hey now! I can two-step just fine. A very nice Texan taught me. I picked it up right away (but of course, I kept making mistakes so I could guarantee more dancing with him).

*OK. This Yankee is back in her corner observing those with the knowledge.*
*pounds a shot and quietly ducks out of the thread*

Go get another round and join me in the Yankee's corner. It's getting lonely here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back