Bert Blyleven: Hall of Famer!

Be back in a bit ... LOVIN' the baseball talk!
I'll continue a bit later if I can - got stuff to do!

OH - still gonna be wanting those superior Alomar stats, when you get time!
stir.gif

Be back in a bit ... LOVIN' the baseball talk!
I'll continue a bit later if I can - got stuff to do!

OH - still gonna be wanting those superior Alomar stats, when you get time!
stir.gif

:)

AB/SO

Sandberg 7.37/1
Alomar 9.12/1

BB/SO

Sandberg 1.66/1
Alomar 1.11/1

SB%

Sandberg 76.3
Alomar 80.6%

OPS (despite Sandberg being the "power" hitter)

Sandberg .795
Alomar .814

How did they do when it really counted?

The following are listed as BA/OBP/OPS

Runners in scoring position:

Sandberg .288/366/.809
Alomar .314/.390/.853

2 Outs Runners in scoring position:

Sandberg .251/.350/.728
Alomar .279/.402/.815

Late and Close:

Sandberg .269/.337/.741
Alomar .279/.378/.797

Tie Game:

Sandberg .275/.340/.763
Alomar .300/.363/.785

Sandberg = great
Alomar = greater

I hate that you wasted so much time grabbing and posting offensive statistics for a debate over defensive skillz, Article 15.

It makes me sad.
cry65purple.gif

I hate that you wasted so much time grabbing and posting offensive statistics for a debate over defensive skillz, Article 15.

It makes me sad.
cry65purple.gif

My bad, dude. I thought my two posts saying that defensive stats were shady at best and me saying that I guess we are going to have to just disagree to Elvis killed the whole fielding thing and we had moved onto peripheral stats when you said I didn't want to count them for second basemen.

Thems some of their riphs, homey.

It makes me sad.
cry65purple.gif

My bad, dude. I thought my two posts saying that defensive stats were shady at best and me saying that I guess we are going to have to just disagree to Elvis killed the whole fielding thing and we had moved onto peripheral stats when you said I didn't want to count them for second basemen.

OK - then we agree: both were great players, with Ryno being the better defensive player.

shake.gif

04.gif

It makes me sad.
cry65purple.gif

OK - then we agree: both were great players, with Ryno being the better defensive player.

shake.gif

04.gif

And Alomar the superior player, sure thing man!

Forum List

Back