Bert Blyleven: Hall of Famer!

I agree that neither should be in, although they were both great pitchers in their era. The HOF is being watered down. As much as I believe Andre Dawson to be a class act, his induction is also questionable. If Andre is there, then so should Fred McGriff and Dale Murphy.

Agreed as well.

I would put Murphy in before The Hawk or The Crime Dog.

didn't crime dog hit 400 HR?

I thought that was a free ticket to the hall..

Dave Kingman.

Not at all.

Check the peripherals of Alomar v Sandberg ... Alomar beats him there too.
You haven't brought any of these stats to the table. I've showed 3 important categories where Alomar falls short. Are you arguing that errors aren't important? And the huge disparity in range is indicative.

Btw - I do not ever remember Ryno being a jerk with fans or media.

which is irrelevant to the conversation. I suppose you want Cobb banned from the hall, too.
That was Art's contention, that Ryno was also a jerk. I'm just clarifying the record. :)

My comment about Spitter Alomar was in the paragragh about overall qualities of the two men, not as an inclusion to the discussion over fielding prowess.

There have been many assholes inducted into the HOF, and that's fine.

You haven't brought any of these stats to the table. I've showed 3 important categories where Alomar falls short. Are you arguing that errors aren't important? And the huge disparity in range is indicative.

Btw - I do not ever remember Ryno being a jerk with fans or media.

which is irrelevant to the conversation. I suppose you want Cobb banned from the hall, too.

Agreed.

And Pete Rose NEEDS to be in.
Gotta disagree. Willingly violating baseball's biggest taboo, for years and years, is a big 'fuck you' to the game.

I agree that neither should be in, although they were both great pitchers in their era. The HOF is being watered down. As much as I believe Andre Dawson to be a class act, his induction is also questionable. If Andre is there, then so should Fred McGriff and Dale Murphy.

Agreed as well.

Didn't he fall 2 short? Similar to Murphy.

And yeah - Kingman . . . Canseco... not in my eyes.

Agreed.

Gotta disagree. Willingly violating baseball's biggest taboo, for years and years, is a big 'fuck you' to the game.

Which he has apologized for over and over and over ...

The guy has been paying the price for more than 20 years now. Time to let it go.

Agreed as well.

canseco will be kept out because of steroids and his book. and crime dog hit 493 HR. i can't believe he's not in the hall with those numbers.

yeah. .236 BA will keep him out.

damn. just looked it up and mcgriff had 493 HR.

The sick thing is if Murphy got two more dingers he would have walked in, I think.

Just look at what he did in the early 80's ... back to back MVPs and all that jazz.

I know. I hated that fucker cause he always murdered the cubs. :lol:

I used to be a casual Braves fan as a tike back in the 80's when they sucked because all their games were on TBS.

The sick thing is if Murphy got two more dingers he would have walked in, I think.

Just look at what he did in the early 80's ... back to back MVPs and all that jazz.

I know. I hated that fucker cause he always murdered the cubs. :lol:

I used to be a casual Braves fan as a tike back in the 80's when they sucked because all their games were on TBS.

I remember that. does TBS still carry their games?

canseco will be kept out because of steroids and his book. and crime dog hit 493 HR. i can't believe he's not in the hall with those numbers.

Victim of the era he played in tho he shouldn't be.

Agreed.

but steroids isn't.
For a time, not illegal. After becoming illegal, not caught.

Life isn't fair, and steroids have not been the ONE taboo that was non-negotiable. Hell, in the 1960s, players were popping speed and other drugs like skittles.

Everyone in baseball knew about gambling - there's a large sign hanging in every single clubhouse warning about it. Pete thought it didn't apply to him. He was wrong.

Don't get me wrong - Fred was a great player and a great teammate. I just worry about the lowered bar for entrance to the HOF.

Of course, when Bonds is elected, that bar will be shit on. He is deserving, no doubt, but not for his home runs, which are fraudulent. But that's where the focus of his greatness will be, unfortunately.

Which he has apologized for over and over and over ...

The guy has been paying the price for more than 20 years now. Time to let it go.
Apologies are cheap. Don't cost a thing.

So you are against forgiveness in this case?

Can't say that I agree with that at all.

This is Pete freakin' Rose. Nobody in history has gotten as many hits as him and he played the game like he was going to die when it ended.

Forum List

Back