Bert Blyleven: Hall of Famer!

The sick thing is if Murphy got two more dingers he would have walked in, I think.

Just look at what he did in the early 80's ... back to back MVPs and all that jazz.

I know. I hated that fucker cause he always murdered the cubs. :lol:

I used to be a casual Braves fan as a tike back in the 80's when they sucked because all their games were on TBS.
That's how I progressed from being a Yankees fan to a Braves fan - moving from Jersey to Florida, and only being able to see Braves games.

I wonder how great Bob Horner would have turned out without the injuries.

I know. I hated that fucker cause he always murdered the cubs. :lol:

I used to be a casual Braves fan as a tike back in the 80's when they sucked because all their games were on TBS.
That's how I progressed from being a Yankees fan to a Braves fan - moving from Jersey to Florida, and only being able to see Braves games.

I wonder how great Bob Horner would have turned out without the injuries.

Wow, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. That dude put up damn good power numbers given the limited at bats he got in his "full" seasons.

See, I disagree with you both on Bonds - they will let him in, but he'll have to wait until longer than the 5 years. There will be a lot of media rehabilitation leading up to it.

This is the problem: there are less and less true HOF players, without hint of scandal. What are they going to do, stop electing people? I say yes!

Who gets in?

Sure things:
Jeter
Puhol
Pedro
Mariano
Chipper

But what about:
Belle?
Manny?
Alex?
Nomar?
Sosa?
Big Mac?

Who else?

mac and sosa are out. aroid and manny wlll prolly make it. Joey Belle prolly not.

See, I disagree with you both on Bonds - they will let him in, but he'll have to wait until longer than the 5 years. There will be a lot of media rehabilitation leading up to it.

This is the problem: there are less and less true HOF players, without hint of scandal. What are they going to do, stop electing people? I say yes!

Who gets in?

Sure things:
Jeter
Puhol
Pedro
Mariano
Chipper

But what about:
Belle?
Manny?
Alex?
Nomar?
Sosa?
Big Mac?

Who else?

Belle? No
Manny? No
Alex? No
Nomar? No
Sosa? No
Big Mac? No

Unless they open the flood gates in which case I would let in Manny, A-Fraud, and Big Mac.

Elvis, do you remember the knock down drag out fight Xeno and I got in over Pedro's HoF future?

Elvis, do you remember the knock down drag out fight Xeno and I got in over Pedro's HoF future?

no, but I am sure it would have been fun to watch. I'd have to put the fuckface in.

I was arguing first ballot, he was arguing that he wasn't getting in at all.

Come to think of it, he may have been trollin' me and laughing his ass off behind his computer.

Forum List

Back