Bernie Supporters... Please explain!

I must admit, the more I listen to Mr. Sanders the more I feel the burn! Problem is, I have fiscally conservative viewpoints and while I love his ideas, I'm very worried about our economy. Realistically speaking, I do not see how he is going to be able to rally enough support in congress to get his ideas into play and even if he does I don't understand how we can afford them.

I've looked at his tax plans and how he proposes to pay for his healthcare and education proposals, however, a key component that is missing is the ever growing debt and deficit in our country. I do not object to heavier taxes on the upper 1%, corporations, and wall street speculators... I'd hope we can find a balance that doesn't discourage their business growth, but also agree that the division of wealth and power is way out of hand. I'd just like to see a plan to tackle our debt. At this time, I have a very hard time supporting these revolutionary government programs, even for these great and worthy causes, when we don't have the money for it.

To put it in real terms, Our country is like a household with multiple loans and maxed out credit cards that can't even keep up on payments to these entities... In this situation it doesn't make sense to add on to the house, redo the landscaping, or purchase a new car... all of which, are nice investments that have their perks, but any normal household would save and earn to work their way out of the crushing debt... why isn't our government doing the same and why aren't voters expressing major concern about this??

From the candidates, where is a plan to pay our bills, improve our spending efficiency, and move towards a surplus?

This is my struggle and I'm curious if it is a shared concern amongst Bernie supporters or not. If not, then why?

First of all, a country is not analogous to a household. I'll let those with degrees in economics elaborate on that.

Secondly, if you want to understand the candidates' economic policies, you'd be better off checking their websites than listening to a bunch of message board "experts" dissing a candidate because they don't get it.
wenn2670528.jpg

Your new BFF?

I must admit, the more I listen to Mr. Sanders the more I feel the burn! Problem is, I have fiscally conservative viewpoints and while I love his ideas, I'm very worried about our economy. Realistically speaking, I do not see how he is going to be able to rally enough support in congress to get his ideas into play and even if he does I don't understand how we can afford them.

I've looked at his tax plans and how he proposes to pay for his healthcare and education proposals, however, a key component that is missing is the ever growing debt and deficit in our country. I do not object to heavier taxes on the upper 1%, corporations, and wall street speculators... I'd hope we can find a balance that doesn't discourage their business growth, but also agree that the division of wealth and power is way out of hand. I'd just like to see a plan to tackle our debt. At this time, I have a very hard time supporting these revolutionary government programs, even for these great and worthy causes, when we don't have the money for it.

To put it in real terms, Our country is like a household with multiple loans and maxed out credit cards that can't even keep up on payments to these entities... In this situation it doesn't make sense to add on to the house, redo the landscaping, or purchase a new car... all of which, are nice investments that have their perks, but any normal household would save and earn to work their way out of the crushing debt... why isn't our government doing the same and why aren't voters expressing major concern about this??

From the candidates, where is a plan to pay our bills, improve our spending efficiency, and move towards a surplus?

This is my struggle and I'm curious if it is a shared concern amongst Bernie supporters or not. If not, then why?

First of all, a country is not analogous to a household. I'll let those with degrees in economics elaborate on that.

Secondly, if you want to understand the candidates' economic policies, you'd be better off checking their websites than listening to a bunch of message board "experts" dissing a candidate because they don't get it.
wenn2670528.jpg

Your new BFF?

1961509.jpg

wenn2670528.jpg

Your new BFF?

1961509.jpg

Not interested in the topic? Why post in the thread?

I don't know if I would ever vote for Bernie, I like a lot of his views on getting dirty money out of politics because I think that's important. I wish there was an Independent candidate that could adapt this and that from each candidate, a mash-up of the best ideas from everyone involved, but that's a pipe dream.

wenn2670528.jpg

Your new BFF?

1961509.jpg

Not interested in the topic? Why post in the thread?

algore_cooling_0.jpg

look, berns ideas are horrific, utterly terrible, and are just bad ideas.

however, since they are so bad, if he's elected and passes 1/2 of it, the damage to the country will be so quick that no media spin can cover it, then hopefully, Americans will march on DC and kill every politician and their lawyers. Once that is done, maybe decent people will take over for a while and we can pay off the debt and get some real freedom

look, berns ideas are horrific, utterly terrible, and are just bad ideas.

however, since they are so bad, if he's elected and passes 1/2 of it, the damage to the country will be so quick that no media spin can cover it, then hopefully, Americans will march on DC and kill every politician and their lawyers. Once that is done, maybe decent people will take over for a while and we can pay off the debt and get some real freedom
tumblr_nv1bj3YguW1r54qfqo1_500.png

Forum List

Back