Bernie Sanders : This Grotesque Level of Income and Wealth Inequality is Wrong

Nice analysis, I agree with it in part and under the right conditions. Fact is there are many jobs/positions out there that are not dependent on productivity. Not everybody is in a sales or production position. If a business owner fails to bring in business and the workers do not have the ability to produce because of lack of resources should they suffer? This is a risk that the business owner takes and in many cases the owner may have a swallow a few months of compensation to make salary because workers need job security. The reward is make up for on the other side should the business be productive and the owner can fill the tanks with the profits.

I am very much for businesses that have a profit sharing model, much like you laid out. It is just so variable depending on the type of business and duties of the workers.

You think American business is a welfare agency. It isn't.

Furthermore, American businesses already do take it in the shorts for quite long periods of time when profits go negative. That's because it's normally cheaper to retain trained employees than train new ones when the business cycle is on the upswing.
American business a welfare agency??? No

You seem to believe businesses are obligated to provide their employees with some minimum standard of living. That's the function of a welfare agency, not a business.
Yes if a business is to operate in this country it needs to meet certain standards.
Says who? You? The mob? Who put you or the mob you in charge of determining the obligations of business? How did you acquire such authority over anyone?

That how we maintain a higher standard of living then other countries and protect the general welfare... This is very different than a welfare agency.

The minimum wage has nothing to do with maintaining a high standard of living. That is accomplished by keeping out of the way of the productive members of society, not by throwing obstacles in their path. It has nothing to do with the so-called "general welfare." You theory of society makes businesses into welfare agencies. You just admitted it by claiming your arbitrary rules are supposedly to promote the general welfare.
Regulations have been imposed on American businesses since before you or I were born. I didn't decide anything but to educate myself to understand the what and why's. This was done through our democratic process, not the mob, and for good reason, to protect citizens from harm which could be caused by business owners. This isn't a new thing.

And who said anything about the minimum wage? Just because a business is held to standards that promote the general welfare... Like safety and fair practice standards, has nothing to do with what a welfare agency does. Stupid bloated, over-exaggerated example. No need to be a drama queen.

Last edited:
You think American business is a welfare agency. It isn't.

Furthermore, American businesses already do take it in the shorts for quite long periods of time when profits go negative. That's because it's normally cheaper to retain trained employees than train new ones when the business cycle is on the upswing.

You seem to believe businesses are obligated to provide their employees with some minimum standard of living. That's the function of a welfare agency, not a business.
Yes if a business is to operate in this country it needs to meet certain standards. That how we maintain a higher standard of living then other countries and protect the general welfare... This is very different than a welfare agency.

What you're talking about is business having some sort of social obligation. They don't have that requirement. A business is started to create products and services at a cost acceptable to the customers they sell to. That's their only obligation.

Social obligations belong to charities and government unfortunately--but not businesses.

Actually, businesses are started to make a profit for their owners. That's their only obligation.
What gives you that idea? There are many more responsibilities that come with being a business owner that simply making money.

Yes if a business is to operate in this country it needs to meet certain standards. That how we maintain a higher standard of living then other countries and protect the general welfare... This is very different than a welfare agency.

What you're talking about is business having some sort of social obligation. They don't have that requirement. A business is started to create products and services at a cost acceptable to the customers they sell to. That's their only obligation.

Social obligations belong to charities and government unfortunately--but not businesses.
can you give me an example of "what i'm talking about"?

Certainly, when you wrote this:

Yes if a business is to operate in this country it needs to meet certain standards. That how we maintain a higher standard of living then other countries and protect the general welfare

To me, what you wrote is that business has these unfounded social obligations. If that's not what you meant, then what "certain standards" are you referring to?
Fair practice, safety standards, workers rights etc... Do you not know these things?

Actually, businesses are started to make a profit for their owners. That's their only obligation.
What gives you that idea? There are many more responsibilities that come with being a business owner that simply making money.

Again, says who? You keeping making these claims that lack any visible means of support.

can you give me an example of "what i'm talking about"?

Certainly, when you wrote this:

Yes if a business is to operate in this country it needs to meet certain standards. That how we maintain a higher standard of living then other countries and protect the general welfare

To me, what you wrote is that business has these unfounded social obligations. If that's not what you meant, then what "certain standards" are you referring to?
Fair practice, safety standards, workers rights etc... Do you not know these things?

Okay, but don't we already have that?

Again, says who? You keeping making these claims that lack any visible means of support.
What do you mean says who? Says the United States of America, Say the laws that have been passed by our elected officials...

Yes, thats the point... You stated that businesses don't have social obligations.

What do you mean says who? Says the United States of America, Say the laws that have been passed by our elected officials...

Who gave them authority to tell a business what it's obligated to do?

We did... The voters... majority rules dude. It's how our country operates. Deal with it or rally up enough votes to overturn the things you don't like. Don't pretend we live in some alternate reality though

We did... The voters... majority rules dude. It's how our country operates. Deal with it or rally up enough votes to overturn the things you don't like. Don't pretend we live in some alternate reality though

In other words, the mob did. The majority has no legitimate authority to tell a business what to do. I realize you're perfectly content to let the mob do whatever it wants and to avoid thinking, but some of us know better. We actually consider what the proper role of the government is. "Whatever it wants" isn't an answer we consider to be acceptable.

In other words, the mob did. The majority has no legitimate authority to tell a business what to do. I realize you're perfectly content to let the mob do whatever it wants and to avoid thinking, but some of us know better. We actually consider what the proper role of the government is. "Whatever it wants" isn't an answer we consider to be acceptable.
So basically your argument is that your mob is right and the laws that have been passed by the elected officials aka our government is wrong?? Are you seeing the flaw here?

So basically your argument is that your mob is right and the laws that have been passed by the elected officials aka our government is wrong?? Are you seeing the flaw here?

"My mob?" I don't have a mob. I do claim the government is wrong. Who are you to say it is not? Where is the "flaw?"

"My mob?" I don't have a mob. I do claim the government is wrong. Who are you to say it is not? Where is the "flaw?"
You ask who gave me the authority to tell a business what to do... I answer The Government, the voice of the people that voted them to lead... You call it a mob

You state: "...some of us know better. We actually consider what the proper role of the government is. "Whatever it wants" isn't an answer we consider to be acceptable."

THATS YOUR MOB

Now I ask you... Who gave YOU the authority to say a business can do whatever they want as the operate in the USA? On what authority can you say that?

You ask who gave me the authority to tell a business what to do... I answer The Government, the voice of the people that voted them to lead... You call it a mob

Well, at least you admit it. Of course, the mob has no legitimate authority at all. No matter whether you call it the majority of "the voice of the people" it still amounts to the same thing: a bigger gang imposing its will on the rest of the people. It's the morality of "might makes right," and nothing more.

You state: "...some of us know better. We actually consider what the proper role of the government is. "Whatever it wants" isn't an answer we consider to be acceptable."

THATS YOUR MOB

Now I ask you... Who gave YOU the authority to say a business can do whatever they want as the operate in the USA? On what authority can you say that?

It's "my mob?" I don't even know what the means. You're the one who cites the mob as the ultimate authority on moral issues. Why does anyone need "authority" to do what they want when they aren't aggressing against anyone else? You obviously believe that anything not expressly permitted is denied, that we need permission from some "authority" each time we sell something we have produced or we take a crap. Why should anyone need permission to do anything that isn't intruding on the person or property of others?

Too bad the "1%" doesn't impose "Christian values" on itself. No further effort would be needed.

Yes, thats the point... You stated that businesses don't have social obligations.

I don't believe safety on the job is a social obligation. But telling companies how much they must pay workers or what kind of benefits they are to provide is a social obligation.

Income isn't distributed.

It's earned or not earned through various types of behaviors.

Productive versus irresponsible behavior accounts for a large portion of the inequality the leftists are railing against.

--------

• Inheritance is not a behavior
  • The glass ceiling closes doors, no matter how productive she may be
  • Insider trading is a behavior, an illegal one
  • The old boys network and nepotism open doors even for the irresponsible
  • Foreign bank accounts to escape taxes are not only illegal, they are morally culpable
  • Money is distributed, over and under the table

Bernie Sanders : This Grotesque Level of Income and Wealth Inequality is Wrong

I don't understand, people want more money why don't they go out work for it... Instead of wanting to take it from someone else. That's why socialism is an infectious disease of envious fools. Lol

Well, at least you admit it. Of course, the mob has no legitimate authority at all. No matter whether you call it the majority of "the voice of the people" it still amounts to the same thing: a bigger gang imposing its will on the rest of the people. It's the morality of "might makes right," and nothing more.

THATS YOUR MOB

It's "my mob?" I don't even know what the means. You're the one who cites the mob as the ultimate authority on moral issues. Why does anyone need "authority" to do what they want when they aren't aggressing against anyone else? You obviously believe that anything not expressly permitted is denied, that we need permission from some "authority" each time we sell something we have produced or we take a crap. Why should anyone need permission to do anything that isn't intruding on the person or property of others?
For some reason you think we live in a completely free country. We are all slaves to the man in one way or another. That goes for just about everyone in this world. Some live in a survival of the fittest type of environment and others live in civilized societies. The price that comes for civilization and protection is loss of freedom through the rule of law.

You say my majority is a mob that has no right to tell others what to do... I explained why they do.
But I ask you... What gives you the right to say that we have no obligation to follow the rule of law in a country that protects us and that provides an infrastructure of propsperity, opportunity and a fair, equal, inclusive environment for all?

Forum List

Back