Bernie Sanders : This Grotesque Level of Income and Wealth Inequality is Wrong

Translation: I can't prove there's anything wrong with it, or even find any evidence that the rich people somehow stole from the poor people. But if I keep telling the same lie over and over, my mentor says that people will believe it and it will become The Truth. And enough people might get fooled into voting for me, that I'll win anyway.

is that what you got from that?

i'd suggest you might want to actually learn something.

we know that income inequality is a problem. we know that workers wages have stagnated over the past three decades. we know that is bad for society.

where normal people might disagree, is how do we approach that and solve that problem.

of course, then there are low information, rightwingnuts who don't live in a fact-based reality so say stupid things like that there is no problem at all.

Our country is far from a shithole and Republicans plan on keeping it that way. The people that are trying to turn it into a shithole are the Democrats with their open border ideas and nearly ushering terrorists right into the country like Europe.

You're delusional - your country was born from immigration.

Controlled immigration. Not what we have today where we are accepting every reject from every country with the only requirement is the ability to swim the Rio Grande.

Why is anyone entitled to a "livable wage"? To you, how much is a "livable" wage and why is a person entitled to that if they have no value as an employee?

Is our water and air not cleaner than it has been in sixty or seventy years?

I don't care much for McDonalds either although they are nice for a change. MY choice is Whataburger. Their jalapeno double with cheese and a large order of their onion rings instead of fries.

Minimum%20Wage_zpsfkyatctu.jpg

Okay, don't give them a livable wage. Let the govt subsidise them. No skin off my nose.

That's why we need to quit subsidizing them.

"If you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't."
Rush Limbaugh

what the government should stop subsiding are corporations.

but thanks for quoting the oxycontin junkie

Rush Limbaugh

Then give them a livable wage. Not talking about those who don't want to work. I'm talking about those on a very low wage who need govt assistance just to get by.

They don't need government assistance, they just take it because it's offered to them. Again, the quote above.

What these programs do is influence people not to work. I don't know anybody who is killing themselves to get by and needing government assistance because they have no other choice.

I have all the respect in the world for anybody who is really trying, but again, I don't know any of these people.

The people I see are scamming the system constantly. I see it at work, in my neighborhood, at my grocery store, everywhere.

Translation: I can't prove there's anything wrong with it, or even find any evidence that the rich people somehow stole from the poor people. But if I keep telling the same lie over and over, my mentor says that people will believe it and it will become The Truth. And enough people might get fooled into voting for me, that I'll win anyway.

is that what you got from that?

i'd suggest you might want to actually learn something.

we know that income inequality is a problem. we know that workers wages have stagnated over the past three decades. we know that is bad for society.

where normal people might disagree, is how do we approach that and solve that problem.

of course, then there are low information, rightwingnuts who don't live in a fact-based reality so say stupid things like that there is no problem at all.

No, "we" don't know that wage inequality is a problem. Stagnant wages are a problem. Wage inequality is just another BS left wing talking point.

Just throwing this out there, how about expanding the EITC and cutting back on welfare?

Why is anyone entitled to a "livable wage"? To you, how much is a "livable" wage and why is a person entitled to that if they have no value as an employee?

Is our water and air not cleaner than it has been in sixty or seventy years?

I don't care much for McDonalds either although they are nice for a change. MY choice is Whataburger. Their jalapeno double with cheese and a large order of their onion rings instead of fries.

Minimum%20Wage_zpsfkyatctu.jpg

Okay, don't give them a livable wage. Let the govt subsidise them. No skin off my nose.

Rush Limbaugh

what the government should stop subsiding are corporations.

but thanks for quoting the oxycontin junkie

The government doesn't subsidize many in the private industry. Liberals polluted the word subsidy for for tax breaks.

Subsidy is when you give something to somebody they never had before. Government doesn't give companies money--they just take less from them.

And that is relative today, why?

Why should your ancestors get a free shot? On a more serious note, don't you get sick of being so generic? You act like all your immigrants cross from the Rio Grande. Illegals do. But they're not immigrants. They're illegals. Stop being so obvious.

Because at the time there were no regulations. As we progressed, we put in regulations to stop any potential problems from happening.

All countries make laws and change laws. You can't say that because some law was (or was not) in place during a certain period, we should never be allowed to change or create new laws. We create new laws all the time in this country. That's what our Congress and Senate does.

And that is relative today, why?

Why should your ancestors get a free shot? On a more serious note, don't you get sick of being so generic? You act like all your immigrants cross from the Rio Grande. Illegals do. But they're not immigrants. They're illegals. Stop being so obvious.

So who ever said to shut down immigration? Not me. But that seems to be the argued alternative to closing our southern border. What is happening at our southern border is not immigration it is invasion.

Because at the time there were no regulations. As we progressed, we put in regulations to stop any potential problems from happening.

All countries make laws and change laws. You can't say that because some law was (or was not) in place during a certain period, we should never be allowed to change or create new laws. We create new laws all the time in this country. That's what our Congress and Senate does.

I was being slightly facetious, thus the 'on a more serious note' comment...

Forum List

Back