Berkeley's students are an embarrassment to progressivism

How many people here truly believe in freedom of speech and expression, and are thankful to live in a country with those values at its very core?

:desk:

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?

There's a difference between freedom of speech and freedom of hucksters to sell snake oil.

It was a debate class..And she wasn't selling anything..
Can you prove she was?

What is it with retards? You dispute their nonsense, you post the PROOF that what they said was nonsense, they read your PROOF,

and then 5 minutes later come back demanding you prove it.

What does that even mean.

We're debating here ..

How many people here truly believe in freedom of speech and expression, and are thankful to live in a country with those values at its very core?

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?

There's a difference between freedom of speech and freedom of hucksters to sell snake oil.

Can you prove she was?

What is it with retards? You dispute their nonsense, you post the PROOF that what they said was nonsense, they read your PROOF,

We're debating here ..

There is no 'debate' on how or why Coulter was to be at Berkeley. You lied about it and continue to lie about it and are now playing the typical Mac1958 and other RWnuts game of ignoring the proof you lied.

The rightwing is right when they say those Berkeley student protestors are snowflakes. It's amazing to me how college students rarely have any self-awareness to how hypocritical and nauseating they come across a lot of the time. I do stress, however, that these college students don't represent the leftwing - they are just wannabe lefties.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- "The Friends of Voltaire"
No, they are the real lefties and you are the wannbe lefty.

People like you used to be called salon communists, people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. I abhor what they are doing and what they stand for, but they are willing to put it all on the line for what they believe in, while salon lefties like you refuse to put any skin in the game. This is why real progressives have so much contempt for people like you.

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?

Can you prove she was?

We're debating here ..

There is no 'debate' on how or why Coulter was to be at Berkeley. You lied about it and continue to lie about it and are now playing the typical Mac1958 and other RWnuts game of ignoring the proof you lied.
USMB's King of the Straw Man, accusing others of lying.

Great stuff, you're really knocking it out of the park here, coward.

I love the irrational illogic of the RW'ers here: Berkeley students have no right to protest Ann Coulter's performance because Coulter has the right of FREE SPEECH!!! LOL
And this is how USMB's King of the Straw Man always collapses.

No one said "Berkeley students have no right to protest Ann Coulter's performance".

He's a liar and a coward.

No one said that? So now suddenly you've decided that the students have every right to protest and therefore those attacking them should fuck off?

whoa, a major flip flop.

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?
Again, no one is silencing coulter. Unfortunately for us, there are numerous appropriate forums for her to spew her BS. Fortunatley for us, if one of our universities rejects her BS, they don't HAVE to host her. Period.

I love the irrational illogic of the RW'ers here: Berkeley students have no right to protest Ann Coulter's performance because Coulter has the right of FREE SPEECH!!! LOL

No one said "Berkeley students have no right to protest Ann Coulter's performance".

No one said that? So now suddenly you've decided that the students have every right to protest and therefore those attacking them should fuck off?

whoa, a major flip flop.
No one said that. You lied. As always.

I love the irrational illogic of the RW'ers here:

Berkeley students have no right to protest Ann Coulter's performance because Coulter has the right of FREE SPEECH!!!

LOL

What don't you get they invited her..

Just as you said the 1 percent of the students at Berkeley went ape shit..

Don't mean the other 99 percent wanted to hear her

Can you prove she was?

We're debating here ..

USMB's King of the Straw Man, accusing others of lying.

Great stuff, you're really knocking it out of the park here, coward.

He said Coulter was invited by a debate class to participate in a debate and that she wasn't being paid anything.

Since you're now agreeing with him, that makes you as retarded and dishonest as he is.

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?
Again, no one is silencing coulter. Unfortunately for us, there are numerous appropriate forums for her to spew her BS. Fortunatley for us, if one of our universities rejects her BS, they don't HAVE to host her. Period.
So what is your answer to my question?

whoa, a major flip flop.

So do the students have the right to protest or not?

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?

The kids invited her

Not to complicated even for you..

whoa, a major flip flop.

Of course they do.

See, I'm happy to answer questions. Cowards like you avoid them.

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?
Of course I value freedom of speech. This crusade is a poor example. Berkely does not have to host anyone their community doesn't want to see. Period. If there are a few wackos that like that kind of entertainment, they can watch Coulter elsewhere. Period.

whoa, a major flip flop.

One percent of the Ninja warriors I assume

But not the 99 percent who wanted knowledge

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?

The kids invited her

and the vast majority were rightfully offended that their educational institution would consider such a speaker. Vast majority prevails evidently.

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?
Of course I value freedom of speech. This crusade is a poor example. Berkely does not have to host anyone their community doesn't want to see. Period. If there are a few wackos that like that kind of entertainment, they can watch Coulter elsewhere. Period.

Again they invited her

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?

The kids invited her

and the vast majority were rightfully offended that their educational institution would consider such a speaker. Vast majority prevails evidently.

You're going to not know which way is up when she goes there next week. That's how clueless you are.

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?

Again they invited her
and they changed their minds. What's the big deal?

Me!

NYcarbineer ?
Aries ?
What if there are people in their community who want to see her?

Have they taken a poll and found that 100% of their community want her silenced?

Forum List

Back