Benjamin Netanyahu talks back.

amiam*

Dec 5, 2008
N42 07.187' W87 49.820'
Israel bucks U.S. demands
Says it won't halt plans for apartments in E. Jerusalem

Staff writer Jeffrey Fleishman reported from Cairo; Batsheva Sobelman is a special correspondent. | Tribune Newspapers
July 20, 2009

JERUSALEM - -- Calling Israel's sovereignty over Jerusalem indisputable, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday rejected U.S. demands to stop plans to build 20 Jewish-owned apartments in the eastern part of the city that Palestinians regard as key to their future state.
The complete article can ba found at:
Israel bucks U.S. demands -- chicagotribune.com

If the United States is to make any progress in the middle east we must enforce the following so the Zealots of both sides can't haggle:

UN General Assembly resolution 303 reiterated the UN commitment to internationalization of Jerusalem, and designated it a "corpus separatum" - separate body. Under the original partition plan of 1947 (GA resolution 181), Jerusalem was to have been administered under UN sovereignty as an international city.

Perhaps the UN resolutions that the United States wants to enforce are those that please the Zionists only. I hope I am wrong!:eusa_whistle:

Staff writer Jeffrey Fleishman reported from Cairo; Batsheva Sobelman is a special correspondent. | Tribune Newspapers
July 20, 2009

JERUSALEM - -- Calling Israel's sovereignty over Jerusalem indisputable, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday rejected U.S. demands to stop plans to build 20 Jewish-owned apartments in the eastern part of the city that Palestinians regard as key to their future state.

If the United States is to make any progress in the middle east we must enforce the following so the Zealots of both sides can't haggle:

UN General Assembly resolution 303 reiterated the UN commitment to internationalization of Jerusalem, and designated it a "corpus separatum" - separate body. Under the original partition plan of 1947 (GA resolution 181), Jerusalem was to have been administered under UN sovereignty as an international city.

Perhaps the UN resolutions that the United States wants to enforce are those that please the Zionists only. I hope I am wrong!:eusa_whistle:

The UNGA has jurisdiction only over internal matters of the UN. When GA 181 was passed, the area west of the Jordan River was still a UN protectorate and that's why 181 had force, but 181 also dissolved UN jurisdiction over the area so any UNGA resolution since then is no more than a statement of opinion. The SC has jurisdiction only over matters between member states unless there is concern over egregious actions such as genocide, which is why the Arabs cry, GENOCIDE!!!, every time a Palestinian skins his knee.

So much for the UN, which has played a critical role in perpetuating this conflict and the suffering it has caused on both sides for generations.

Obama's position on settlement construction makes no sense. He announced that he wanted a freeze on settlement construction now and a final status agreement within two years, but according to Abbas, Obama doesn't want peace talks to resume until the construction freeze is implemented. A final status agreement would settle all issues concerning where Israel could build, so whatever Israel might build now would have little or no effect on a final status agreement, including borders, that would be completed in two years.

Now America is seen by many in the ME as the only country that can bring about a Palestinian state because of its perceived influence over Israel, but in Israel, Obama's positions are seen as being blatantly pro Palestinian and as a result, a recent poll showed only 6% of Israelis trusted Obama to be fair and even handed in mediating peace talks, and more Israelis support continuing the construction in the settlements even if it means a break with the US than oppose it. No previous US president, not even Carter or Eisenhower, has inspired so much distrust among Israelis, and it is safe to say no other US president has had so little influence on Israeli policy or opinion and thus, so little influence over the outcome of this dispute.

Obama to Israel: Stop building in Jerusalem!

Israel to Obama: You give Oklahoma back to the Indians and SoCal back to the Mexicans and then we'll talk. Until then, shut your fucking piehole cause you're really not helping.

ahh.. so, manifest destiny is OK when JEWS do it. gotcha.

Pull US foreign aid to Israel.

Long over due.

I agree.

This is a decade out of date but I doubt the reality has changed that much: WRMEA: U.S. Aid to Israel

Israel is not a third world country.

No, not much has changed. Israel is one of the wealthiest nations in the world. Why we continue to send them billions in aid is a mystery. They won't be our friends if we don't give them money?

Long over due.

I agree.

This is a decade out of date but I doubt the reality has changed that much: WRMEA: U.S. Aid to Israel

No, not much has changed. Israel is one of the wealthiest nations in the world. Why we continue to send them billions in aid is a mystery. They won't be our friends if we don't give them money?

no, it would clearly be joo hating antisemitism.

Long over due.

I agree.

Current US aid to Israel consists almost entirely of a little less than $2.5 billion in credits to buy military hardware from US companies, creating tens of thousands of US jobs and much needed tax revenues to state and local governments. It is important to remember that not one penny of this money ever leaves the US economy but only circulates through it creating jobs and tax revenues. Israeli companies already manufacture and export much of what Israel buys from US companies because of the credits, and what Israeli companies don't already manufacture, they would soon learn to if US policy created a market for it. It is debatable whether Israel would be hurt more by losing a few billion in military credits or the US would be by losing tens of thousands of jobs.

Moreover, it is naive to imagine that the threat of withdrawing the military credits would persuade Israel to alter its positions on issues it sees as vital to its interests. In fact, a withdrawal of US support or even the perception of it would most likely persuade the Israelis to take more hardline positions and to respond more aggressively to perceived provocations lest anyone think them more vulnerable with US support. Consider what happened in 1967. When Egypt and Syria massed their forces on Israel's borders and threatened war, the Israeli leadership, uncertain of their ability to withstand attacks from the larger and better armed Arab forces, dispatched a delegation to Washington to ask for an American declaration that if Israel was attacked the US would support it, but LBJ, although sympathetic, was bogged down in Vietnam and anxious about a possible confrontation in the ME with the USSR, and told them that US generals had studied the situation and decided Israel could win this war alone, so there was no need for such a US declaration. Without this promise of US support, the Israeli leadership decided it could not afford to wait for the Arabs to strike first and launched the Six Day War that captured the West Bank, Gaza and the Golan Heights.

At first glance it might seen that LBJ's decision led to a bad result, but when you consider that Israel's victory in this war and in 1973 stopped the advance of Soviet power and influence in the ME cold, and US support for Israel and Egypt in the 1979 peace treaty locked the Soviets out, it becomes clear that Israel has done more to advance US influence and to protect US vital interests than any other ally we have ever had, and we can only wish the Europeans or the Koreans or the Vietnamese had been able to perform so well with so little US aid as Israel has.

Long over due.

I agree.

Current US aid to Israel consists almost entirely of a little less than $2.5 billion in credits to buy military hardware from US companies, creating tens of thousands of US jobs and much needed tax revenues to state and local governments. It is important to remember that not one penny of this money ever leaves the US economy but only circulates through it creating jobs and tax revenues. Israeli companies already manufacture and export much of what Israel buys from US companies because of the credits, and what Israeli companies don't already manufacture, they would soon learn to if US policy created a market for it. It is debatable whether Israel would be hurt more by losing a few billion in military credits or the US would be by losing tens of thousands of jobs.

According to this report (in 2008) - it sounds like a lot more then that.

Here's the summary portion: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf
Israel is the largest cumulative recipient of U.S. foreign assistance since World
War II. From 1976-2004, Israel was the largest annual recipient of U.S. foreign
assistance, having recently been supplanted by Iraq. Since 1985, the United States has
provided nearly $3 billion in grants annually to Israel.

Over the years, Israel has developed an advanced industrial economy which,
according to the World Bank, places it among the top 50 richest nations in terms of
per capita income (between Cyprus and Slovenia respectively). With Israel becoming
more economically self-sufficient, former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin
Netanyahu told a joint session of Congress in 1996 that Israel’s need for economic
aid would be reduced over time.

In 1998, Israel proposed gradually eliminating the $1.2 billion economic aid and increasing the $1.8 billion in military aid by $60 million per year over a 10-year period beginning in the year 2000. Subsequent appropriations for Israel included cuts of approximately $120 million in economic aid and increases of $60 million in military aid each fiscal year.

Strong congressional support for Israel has resulted in Israel’s receiving benefits
that may not be available to other countries. For example, Israel can use U.S. military
assistance both for research and development in the United States and for military
purchases from Israeli manufacturers. In addition, all U.S. foreign assistance
earmarked for Israel is delivered in the first 30 days of the fiscal year. Most other
recipients normally receive their aid in installments. Congress also appropriates funds
for joint U.S.-Israeli missile defense programs.

In August 2007, the Bush Administration announced that it would increase U.S.
military assistance to Israel by $6 billion over the next decade. The agreement calls
for incremental annual increases in FMF to Israel, reaching $3.1 billion a year in the
near future. The Administration has requested $2.4 billion in military assistance and
no economic aid for Israel in FY2008. H.R. 2764, the Consolidated Appropriations
Act, 2008 provides the full Administration request.

Moreover, it is naive to imagine that the threat of withdrawing the military credits would persuade Israel to alter its positions on issues it sees as vital to its interests. In fact, a withdrawal of US support or even the perception of it would most likely persuade the Israelis to take more hardline positions and to respond more aggressively to perceived provocations lest anyone think them more vulnerable with US support. Consider what happened in 1967. When Egypt and Syria massed their forces on Israel's borders and threatened war, the Israeli leadership, uncertain of their ability to withstand attacks from the larger and better armed Arab forces, dispatched a delegation to Washington to ask for an American declaration that if Israel was attacked the US would support it, but LBJ, although sympathetic, was bogged down in Vietnam and anxious about a possible confrontation in the ME with the USSR, and told them that US generals had studied the situation and decided Israel could win this war alone, so there was no need for such a US declaration. Without this promise of US support, the Israeli leadership decided it could not afford to wait for the Arabs to strike first and launched the Six Day War that captured the West Bank, Gaza and the Golan Heights.

At first glance it might seen that LBJ's decision led to a bad result, but when you consider that Israel's victory in this war and in 1973 stopped the advance of Soviet power and influence in the ME cold, and US support for Israel and Egypt in the 1979 peace treaty locked the Soviets out, it becomes clear that Israel has done more to advance US influence and to protect US vital interests than any other ally we have ever had, and we can only wish the Europeans or the Koreans or the Vietnamese had been able to perform so well with so little US aid as Israel has.

Interesting - I wasn't aware of that - thanks! However...while Israel has long supported the U.S.'s interests and vice versa I think that is no longer strictly the case - particularly in regards to the longstanding issue of settlements.

It's one thing to be supportive when you are the golden boy only child that gets all the attention and adulation and something else entirely when it becomes clear that the universe doesn't revolve around a single chosen clan and consideration gets spread around to others in the family of humanity.

Long over due.

I agree.

Long over due.

LOL, it must really be a thorn in your side that the JEWS are promised 10 more years of the same! Hopefully one might get to spit in your face as he take money from your pocket! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The argument that Israel uses it's aid money to buy from US suppliers is a bunch of baloney. To contend that robbing Peter to pay Paul is justification for this cash give away is absurd.

Further, it is the view of the US that Israel IS NOT economically self sufficient. I think that is complete poppy cock, but that's the way they see it. They aren't self sufficient in the same way the US is not self sufficient, we live far beyond our means and borrow to support it. Which makes this whole issue all the more clear. We are BROKE. We BORROW the money that we GIVE to Israel. Once we give it to them, they turn around and buy US T Bills with the money we gave them, collecting interest from us using the money we BORROWED to give to them. We get to pay interest on the same money twice.

These people are not our friends, friends.

Hey douche bag, you do realize that East Jerusalem has predominately a Jewish populated area pre-'48. After the war of independent the Jews fleed from EJ to the other side! So take your gay self and get an education!

Hey douche bag, you do realize that East Jerusalem has predominately a Jewish populated area pre-'48. After the war of independent the Jews fleed from EJ to the other side! So take your gay self and get an education!

Do you REALLY want to talk about population demographics in israel, jew? REALLY? I bet you don't. not REALLY.

Do you REALLY want to talk about population demographics in israel, jew? REALLY? I bet you don't. not REALLY.

Go fuck yourself bigot!

Long over due.

I agree.

Long over due.

LOL, it must really be a thorn in your side that the JEWS are promised 10 more years of the same! Hopefully one might get to spit in your face as he take money from your pocket! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't know how this could be demonstrated anymore clearly. This is type of person whom we are giving our money to. People who will take your money and spit in your face, given the chance.

Pulling this aid money is long over due.

Go fuck yourself bigot!

yea, I DIDN'T THINK YOU'D WANT TO TALK ABOUT DEMOGRAPHIC POPULATIONS, jew. Not when israel is as innocent in culling those who do and do not count as Nazi Germany.

pussy.

July 20, 2009

I have a better idea. Where do you live? We can divide THAT city and make it "international".

Forum List

Back