Ben Carson Calls Veterans Affairs Scandal A 'Gift From God'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Dr. Ben Carson views the scandal over delayed treatments at the Department of Veterans Affairs as a "gift from God" meant to draw attention to what he sees as an incompetent government that cannot manage its citizens' health care.

“I think what’s happening with the veterans is a gift from God to show us what happens when you take layers and layers of bureaucracy and place them between the patients and the health care provider,” the Fox News contributor said Saturday. “And if we can’t get it right, with the relatively small number of veterans, how in the world with are you going to do it with the entire population?”

Carson argued that the VA scandal is just the latest example of a failed government program, comparing it to Obamacare.

“We need seriousness here rather than just political speak," he said. "‘How can I look better? How can my party look better?’ And I’m saying this to both Democrats and Republicans: Stop, and think about the people.”

More Videos: Ben Carson Calls Veterans Affairs Scandal A 'Gift From God'

A "gift from God"? Man, that's some crazy logic. He previously said that "Obamacare was the worst thing since slavery". I see no connection between the VA and Obamacare. VA healthcare is administered by federal employees; whereas, Obamacare is administered by non-federal employees, i.e. the private sector.

Carson is a sociopath..pure and simple.

That may have helped him become a gifted surgeon because sociopaths lack empathy.

But he has absolutely no skills politically.

Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle also tried to make the same comparison.

"If [Obama] shines a light on that, if we actually have some illumination there, then you're going to see this is really what the rest of you all are going to get: one big fat VA system in the form of Obamacare," she alleged.

PolitiFact explained that while the government funds the VA, private health insurance companies continue to provide coverage under the Affordable Care Act.

The website rated Guilfoyle's claim "Pants on Fire," saying, "The VA is owned and operated by the federal government. Its staff are government employees. In contrast, Obamacare builds upon the existing private sector health industry."

More: PolitiFact Rates Fox News Host's Claim 'Pants On Fire'

Dr. Ben Carson views the scandal over delayed treatments at the Department of Veterans Affairs as a "gift from God" meant to draw attention to what he sees as an incompetent government that cannot manage its citizens' health care.

“I think what’s happening with the veterans is a gift from God to show us what happens when you take layers and layers of bureaucracy and place them between the patients and the health care provider,” the Fox News contributor said Saturday. “And if we can’t get it right, with the relatively small number of veterans, how in the world with are you going to do it with the entire population?”

Carson argued that the VA scandal is just the latest example of a failed government program, comparing it to Obamacare.

“We need seriousness here rather than just political speak," he said. "‘How can I look better? How can my party look better?’ And I’m saying this to both Democrats and Republicans: Stop, and think about the people.”

A "gift from God"? Man, that's some crazy logic. He previously said that "Obamacare was the worst thing since slavery". I see no connection between the VA and Obamacare. VA healthcare is administered by federal employees; whereas, Obamacare is administered by non-federal employees, i.e. the private sector.

Hey! It's Lakhota the Fake Indian!

Way to take Carson's comment out of context. Typical Liberal move.

Did you learn that from MSNBC or NBC?

Ironically, the most likely conservative remedy for the VA problems would be to give the veterans vouchers or something comparable that would enable them to purchase a private insurance policy in a competitive market,

you know, like an exchange...

lol aka Obamacare.

Last edited:
Someday the republicans will find a sane black man to represent them who's not in whiteface, but I doubt it.

Ironically, the most likely conservative remedy for the VA problems would be to give the veterans vouchers or something comparable that would enable them to purchase a private insurance policy in a competitive market,

you know, like an exchange...

lol aka Obamacare.
A clear example that leftist don't have a clue to the problem at the VA.

Please stop the nonsense.
Obama wanted to use the VA as a model for his then idea of socialized medicine( what turned into Obamacare) since he was elected.
The federal govt cannot get that right.
Obama 2008: VA will be ?leader of health care reform?
No, The VA Isn't A Preview Of Obamacare -- It's Much Worse - Forbes

Forum List

Back