Being Gay -- Born That Way or Choice.

BobPlumb

VIP Member
Jul 16, 2013
I read "Dear Abby" in my local news paper today. A teenager wrote about her parents being divorced. The father has come out of the closet and is now living with his gay partner. The teenager has a younger sister, so her father is the father of two.

I am also acquainted with a woman who is the mother of 4 by her ex husband who has come out as being gay.

Many gays claim that they are gay because they were born that way. others say that being gay is strictly a choice. I personally believe that it is both.

I have trouble believing that the "gay" fathers did not enjoy having sex when they were making babies with the opposite sex. It makes more sense that these men are actually bisexual and have now developed a preference for the same sex.

Lubricated with enough alcohol, most people will do anybody.

Just sayin'.

Most? I don't think so. I've had girlfriends put the make on me when I was drunk and all I did was giggle and push them away. One was trying to get with me first so she could then set up a threesome with her husband. :eusa_hand:

But to me, sex with another woman is not sex...it would be something else...something creepy. I would have to be raped, i would never do it willingly. Rather do myself than have some woman touching me!

I guess I just described "hetereosexual," didn't I?

Last edited:
BobPlumb does bring up an interesting point about bisexuals who then develop a preference. What's up with bisexuals, anyway? Are they the same kind of people like the one who raped a female horse at a state fairgrounds in my state? They'll just do it with anything and anybody?

Poor horse.

Just sayin'.

Most? I don't think so. I've had girlfriends put the make on me when I was drunk and all I did was giggle and push them away. One was trying to get with me first so she could then set up a threesome with her husband. :eusa_hand:

But to me, sex with another woman is not sex...it would be something else...something creepy. I would have to be raped, i would never do it willingly. Rather do myself than have some woman touching me!

So what do you think about men that were able to mate and have children before "coming out"? How could they do that without being pleasured by having heterosexual sex?

Just sayin'.

So what do you think about men that were able to mate and have children before "coming out"? How could they do that without being pleasured by having heterosexual sex?

Well, I don't know about men, but women have sex all the time that isn't particularly pleasurable. Duty sex. LOL

There are bisexual people who enjoy both homosexual and heterosexual experiences. You brought that up yourself. And I think it is a good explanation of why a person might be married and have children and then later come out as gay. They were bisexual and then decided they had a strong preference for members of their own sex. So, in that case, they made a choice.

Another explanation is gay people who try to suppress their natural desires and fit in. They don't want to disappoint their families, etc. So they get married, have their "duty sex," have children. And then at some point in life decide they can't take it any more, can't hide anymore...and they come out.

I think those are the two logical explanations, BobPlumb. Don't you?

Last edited:
Oh...and I do realize it is easier for women to play along and have "duty sex" than for men. It's pretty obvious if men aren't turned on and sex can be impossible for them in that case.

But in a man in their sexual prime, perhaps their need for release allows them to accomplish sex even though it isn't their preferred partner. Perhaps these homosexual men fantasize that their wife is a man and that enables them to, er...get it up and therefore have sex and conceive children.

Last edited:
Your sexual orientation is your own business but it's very likely that people who overtly act like the opposite sex have acquired the trait somewhere along the line.

Don't you think the gay rights are violated?

I've come across an interesting opinion.
bigbadchopper.blogspot.com/2013/08/no-future-for-gays.html

OMG the wingnuts are right, they're destroying big towns now small towns, the horror of it all. :lol:

'The Colbert Report' visits gay-tolerant small town in Kentucky - latimes.com

What causes heterosexuality we should wonder? Is there a cure? Consider all the bad marriages, divorces, cruelty and violence both mental and physical involved, think of the children, some scarred for life, some dead. Could children be raised in a better environment, say an environment out of a futuristic sci-fi story. Would that solve it or are solutions beyond the question?

When we talk of 'cure' we need to assume we are fixing something, I personally don't think heterosexuality can be cured. We are just going to have live with it, flaws and all.

"If skin-colour were a choice, would racism be justified? Would it then be completely reasonable to say that only if you are a particular colour are you allowed to marry or join organisations or visit a loved-one in hospital? If skin-colour were a choice, would it be reasonable to say that some skin-colours were sinful or evil or immoral, and others not?"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/50615-know-what-really-causes-homosexuality.html

"Despite how straightforward and commonplace it may appear today, the heterosexual/homosexual juxtaposition was actually less to the fore in pre-modern times and, in effect, was not universally observed. Equally, heterosexual love - however natural it may appear today - was seen in those earlier societies not so much as a rejection of homosexuality but rather as an alternative to nonsexual male-to-male relationships and, for that matter, the love of God advocated respectively by chivalric and religious practices and codes of conduct. There is today a clear need to rethink our attitude to heterosexuality...." 'The Invention of Heterosexual Culture' Louis-Georges Tin
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Invention-Heterosexual-Culture-Louis-Georges-Tin/dp/0262017709/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8]The Invention of Heterosexual Culture: Louis-Georges Tin: 9780262017701: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

"Abraham had two wives, Sarah and her handmaiden Hagar. King Solomon had 700 wives, plus 300 concubines and slaves. Jacob, the patriarch who gives Israel its name, had two wives and two concubines. In a humanist vein, Exodus 21:10 warns that when men take additional wives, they must still provide for their previous one. (Exodus 21:16 adds that if a man seduces a virgin and has sex with her, he has to marry her, too.)" Traditional Marriage: One Man, Many Women, Some Girls, Some Slaves | Sexuality/Gender | Religion Dispatches

Sexual perversion is homosexual acts applies both discriminately and indiscriminately. This involves anal, oral, and urinal sexual preoccupation with either sex. And adultery and fornication are their accomplices.

Sexual perversion is homosexual acts applies both discriminately and indiscriminately. This involves anal, oral, and urinal sexual preoccupation with either sex. And adultery and fornication are their accomplices.

You must only ever have sex in the missionary position.

Forum List

Back