Be a Part of the Solution

Who do you think makes up the government? But it seems that once people become part of some big machine, they forget who they are really there to serve and take on a group mentality agenda looking to serve the machine instead.
And some people read a few hysterical articles on the internet and think they know everything happening in the real world.

Kids are clay and need to be molded properly.
By parents maybe but not by the education system. And I disagree that teachers should tell the children about what they MUST believe about anything. Mine certainly didn't and I got an education that prepared me to compete with anybody. It is fine to tell the student what the correct answer will be if it comes up on a test--example: what is the most popular theory of the origins of the universe? The answer of course would be the 'big bang theory.' But it also allows a child to be educated about the big bang theory without destroying his/her religious faith or use a fertile mind to consider other possibilities.

A closed mind is a wasted mind. Education should open minds, not close them.

Divide the student body by IQs. That way each class is populated by students that are close to equal on I.Q levels which would help the teacher develop a teaching plan that benefits the whole class.

Highly paid part time workers with $400k administrators. Yet....in many places the results are close to zero.

The budget is there but apparently does not reach students? Like all GOVT programs......it is broken. Money stolen.

I applaud you and your caring ways. They need more like you in many locations.

No they're not. They are saplings that need to be nourished and allowed to grow in their own direction.
What if there are no jobs in the direction they are growing. Happens all the time at the college level. The government and the business world can only create so many jobs to accommodate these degrees.

What if there are no jobs in the direction they are growing. Happens all the time at the college level. The government and the business world can only create so many jobs to accommodate these degrees.
Your education and what you ultimately do is not a 1:1 equation. You never know where your road will lead. Armed with a solid overall education, a person can go in any number of directions.

By parents maybe but not by the education system. And I disagree that teachers should tell the children about what they MUST believe about anything. Mine certainly didn't and I got an education that prepared me to compete with anybody. It is fine to tell the student what the correct answer will be if it comes up on a test--example: what is the most popular theory of the origins of the universe? The answer of course would be the 'big bang theory.' But it also allows a child to be educated about the big bang theory without destroying his/her religious faith or use a fertile mind to consider other possibilities.

A closed mind is a wasted mind. Education should open minds, not close them.
If you are you advocating for self-education what are we paying teachers for? Just let the kids loose in the library or the internet. Heck, they don't even have to attend school. No testing required either as they are free to reach their own conclusions about everything.

Your education and what you ultimately do is not a 1:1 equation. You never know where your road will lead. Armed with a solid overall education, a person can go in any number of directions.
To be clear we're talking about unstructured self-education, not traditional formal education.

If you are you advocating for self-education what are we paying teachers for? Just let the kids loose in the library or the internet. Heck, they don't even have to attend school. No testing required either as they are free to reach their own conclusions about everything.
I am not advocating for self education though adults are certainly capable of self educating themselves.

What I am advocating for is educating children as opposed to indoctrinating them. Teaching kids by rote indoctrinates, it does not educate.

Divide the student body by IQs. That way each class is populated by students that are close to equal on I.Q levels which would help the teacher develop a teaching plan that benefits the whole class.
Yep.

There is nothing worse than restricting the development of the bright kids because the teachers are teaching down to the level of the idiots.

Yep.

There is nothing worse than restricting the development of the bright kids because the teachers are teaching down to the level of the idiots.
From the third grade to the twelfth my teachers always sat me down to the same guy and he had a 149 IQ.
Also, another suggestion would be to go to all block classes I noticed my grades went up in those types of classes I guess it gave me more time to relax and focus on the subject at hand.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back