Be a Part of the Solution

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Alright big mouths! Here's your chance. Give me a practical, realistic idea about improving day-to-day classroom instruction and if it is serious and possible I'll try it out in September and let you know how it went. Remember, "practical" and "realistic."

Get rid of people who aren't teaching our kids the right way.... and the right subjects... My son had a biology teacher that told him we had only 10 years until we destroy the planet with global warming...
That was 20 years ago.....

Open discussion of a topic. It would keep the boredom down and allow all kids to participate and those kids who get lost in the shuffle can show their knowledge and boost their confidence. You be the moderator and keep it going.

Eradicate Drag Queen Reading Hour. Focus on useful curriculum that will help kids navigate real life. Balancing a checkbook. Filling out government paperwork. Learning how to file taxes. Auto shop. Wood shop. Home economics and budgeting. Reading. Mathematics. Proper English. You know ... the basics.

Alright big mouths! Here's your chance. Give me a practical, realistic idea about improving day-to-day classroom instruction and if it is serious and possible I'll try it out in September and let you know how it went. Remember, "practical" and "realistic."

Sure ya will.
You'll go against what your boss tells you to do and risk losing your job?
There's so much wrong with public education right now it's going to take some hard measures to fix it.
The problem is the educational system is ran by left wing fruit loops from top to bottom.
And the idea that you think you as an individual can change that is ludicris.
And it shows a huge amount of hubris on your part.

I found that I could get an A in any class if I stayed a day ahead on the homework.

That way I read about it BEFORE the teacher lectured about it.

This made my comprehension of the material so great I almost didn't have to study for tests. And all it required is I did twice the homework on the first day (following the syllabus) and the regular homework from then on...always staying a day ahead.

You could set up your class for students to read the material first and THEN you lecture on it the next day.

All your students will get A's and you'll look like a genius.

Dump the teacher's unions and the school boards. They're the ones who ruined the public education system.

Make the subject interesting and relevant, if possible.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back