Small Modular Reactors will be a big part of decarbonizing the planet

OK so you think it's impossible to have a nuclear reactor without producing weapons grade plutonium even though the facts are presented to you that we can have nuclear power without that

Molten salt breeder reactors produce plutonium ... {Cite} ... {Cite 2} ...

Do you know what a citation is? ... I asked for an up-and-running thorium reactor ... you give crickets ... so, if you have a thorium reactor running today that doesn't produce plutonium, then please say where ... but you're just a foolish strawman, I never said it was impossible ... if fact, they can be designed to produce Uranium-233 instead of Plutonium-232 ... both of which would immediately fiss ... that's what makes thorium reactor safer ... self-SCRAMing as it were ...

Molten salt reactors are the next generation and forward thinking countries are working on them but not us

The United States has had breeder reactors since the 1960's ... {Cite} ... do you know what a citation is? ...

Light water reactors are much cheaper to build ... and current shareholders will be long dead before the light water reactor waste becomes a problem ... so they let the next generation deal with it ... and we just passed that problem on to your generation ...

AOC's New Green Deal includes fully funding the Hanford and Oakridge clean-up ... I guess your generation is passing the problem off your your own kids ... House Republicans from Tennessee must like plutonium in their rivers ... just like House Democrats from Portland, Oregon ...

Molten salt breeder reactors produce plutonium ... {Cite} ... {Cite 2} ...

Do you know what a citation is? ... I asked for an up-and-running thorium reactor ... you give crickets ... so, if you have a thorium reactor running today that doesn't produce plutonium, then please say where ... but you're just a foolish strawman, I never said it was impossible ... if fact, they can be designed to produce Uranium-233 instead of Plutonium-232 ... both of which would immediately fiss ... that's what makes thorium reactor safer ... self-SCRAMing as it were ...

The United States has had breeder reactors since the 1960's ... {Cite} ... do you know what a citation is? ...

Light water reactors are much cheaper to build ... and current shareholders will be long dead before the light water reactor waste becomes a problem ... so they let the next generation deal with it ... and we just passed that problem on to your generation ...

AOC's New Green Deal includes fully funding the Hanford and Oakridge clean-up ... I guess your generation is passing the problem off your your own kids ... House Republicans from Tennessee must like plutonium in their rivers ... just like House Democrats from Portland, Oregon ...

You don't have to build a breeder reactor. You can build a burner reactor and use all the waste we have from LWRs for the next century

You need different fissile material if you're going to change any of that, and now we come to thorium (atomic number 90). Unlike uranium, thorium is abundant, and it's not nearly as dangerous. Enrichment is not necessary, and thus it's extremely difficult to create nuclear weapons with a thorium-based reactor. Most importantly, meltdowns aren't possible with thorium reactors because the reaction is not self-sustaining.

You don't have to build a breeder reactor. You can build a burner reactor and use all the waste we have from LWRs for the next century

You need different fissile material if you're going to change any of that, and now we come to thorium (atomic number 90). Unlike uranium, thorium is abundant, and it's not nearly as dangerous. Enrichment is not necessary, and thus it's extremely difficult to create nuclear weapons with a thorium-based reactor. Most importantly, meltdowns aren't possible with thorium reactors because the reaction is not self-sustaining.

Thank you for that citation ... but again ... what kind of ignorant strawman is this? ... I never mentioned thorium ...

Did you read my post? ... "that's what makes thorium reactor safer ... self-SCRAMing as it were ..." why are you picking this fight with me? ... issue your bonds and build your thorium reactor, it should make money, right? ... capitalism at it's finest ...

Is that the chromosome where logic and reason come from?

Some research shows this ... it's not really a popular idea in the male-dominated scientific media ... so not a lot of news about this ...

It's an evolutionary thing ... only the female needs to live past copulation ... in times of famine, it's best for the superfluous males to starve ... or be consumed by the predators ... either way, the female and young survives while the male gets eating by tigers or starves to death ...

Thus better for the species if males are stupid ... and that's old my friend, from before mammals split from birds ... always works best ...

Some research shows this ... it's not really a popular idea in the male-dominated scientific media ... so not a lot of news about this ...

It's an evolutionary thing ... only the female needs to live past copulation ... in times of famine, it's best for the superfluous males to starve ... or be consumed by the predators ... either way, the female and young survives while the male gets eating by tigers or starves to death ...

Thus better for the species if males are stupid ... and that's old my friend, from before mammals split from birds ... always works best ...
I understand all that, I'm just questioning your thinking that that must mean that women are logical and reasonable.

I understand all that, I'm just questioning your thinking that that must mean that women are logical and reasonable.

Logic and reason are the lesser skills, delegated to the male of the species ... to the female is given mercy, empathy and self-sacrifice, the skills needed to guaranty the next generation ... look how many mammal species males regularly eat their own young ...

Get a billy goat and keep him as a pet ... you'll want a recipe within a week ... whereas dairy goats have a very sweet nature, make fine pets ...

Logic and reason are the lesser skills, delegated to the male of the species ... to the female is given mercy, empathy and self-sacrifice, the skills needed to guaranty the next generation ... look how many mammal species males regularly eat their own young ...

Get a billy goat and keep him as a pet ... you'll want a recipe within a week ... whereas dairy goats have a very sweet nature, make fine pets ...
That's odd. Most engineering and science classes are dominated by males even today.

That's odd. Most engineering and science classes are dominated by males even today.

... and not pregnant girls ... shocker there ... humans use religion to steer away from evolutionary pathways ... why the gene pool is degrading so quickly ...

Bill Gates can afford 100,000 children across 10,000 wives ... but he doesn't ... that makes him an evolutionary failure ... [shakes head] ... humans and their egos ...

... and not pregnant girls ... shocker there ... humans use religion to steer away from evolutionary pathways ... why the gene pool is degrading so quickly ...

Bill Gates can afford 100,000 children across 10,000 wives ... but he doesn't ... that makes him an evolutionary failure ... [shakes head] ... humans and their egos ...
Not having 10,000 wives makes him a genius. Not having 10,000 girlfriends makes him a failure.

Not having 10,000 wives makes him a genius. Not having 10,000 girlfriends makes him a failure.

With evolution, the failure is not enough offspring ...

Here's an example of what I mean ... Saturday morning is a good time for me to do the "House-husband Hustle" and bring out the deadly cold-blooded killer ... my female cats dutifully run away and here's the damn tom batting at this monster's mouth ... like he's missing some genetic material ... must be a hundred teeth on the rotating mouth, transparent stomach ... a Bissell Powerlifter isn't something a house cat should be playing with ...

Another example ... girlfriends can just pack and move out ... with a wife, you have a contract ... only a genetically deficient male would want that ... I believe under Old Testament Law, only the husband can initiate a divorce ... but check with somebody who knows better than I ...

Many males simply abandon the female ... she's better off without him ...

With evolution, the failure is not enough offspring ...

Here's an example of what I mean ... Saturday morning is a good time for me to do the "House-husband Hustle" and bring out the deadly cold-blooded killer ... my female cats dutifully run away and here's the damn tom batting at this monster's mouth ... like he's missing some genetic material ... must be a hundred teeth on the rotating mouth, transparent stomach ... a Bissell Powerlifter isn't something a house cat should be playing with ...

Another example ... girlfriends can just pack and move out ... with a wife, you have a contract ... only a genetically deficient male would want that ... I believe under Old Testament Law, only the husband can initiate a divorce ... but check with somebody who knows better than I ...

Many males simply abandon the female ... she's better off without him ...

I would just add that fecundity does not always lead to reproductive success, the critical factor for achieving evolutionary ascendancy.

Forum List

Back