BATF in 1964 designated AR-15 a civilian rifle

If I hadn't made my points, you wouldn't be scratching the scabs on your stumps every few weeks.

If you were confident that your citation says what you assert, you wouldn't hesitate to quote it.
I am unaware of what you are talking about. Go ahead and make your point. Instead of wasting server space. Just explain to all of us why you think the SP1 and semi automatics that are loosely based on it were designed for combat.

Balls in your court.

I am unaware of what you are talking about. Go ahead and make your point. Instead of wasting server space. Just explain to all of us why you think the SP1 and semi automatics that are loosely based on it were designed for combat.

Balls in your court.
Stop lying.

You're fully aware, as we've gone through this on a monthly basis for years.

Every time you are boxed in, you start mewling about "making a case".....my case is what got you started digging.

Stop lying.

Every time you are boxed in, you start mewling about "making a case".....my case is what got you started digging.
I have never spoken to anyone named the5thhorseman befor March of this year.

Don't be afraid. Go ahead and make your argument. You also have others across two threads waiting to see this magical argument.

I have never spoken to anyone named the5thhorseman befor March of this year.

Don't be afraid. Go ahead and make your argument. You also have others across two threads waiting to see this magical argument.
So why notify The5thHorseman?

Stop yapping about wasting bandwidth.

So why notify The5thHorseman?

Stop yapping about wasting bandwidth.
PS.

Your words:

And her proposition is patently ridiculous. See Uvalde.

My "idea"?

Ban the sale of weaponry designed for combat. Put a bounty on every AR-15 in private hands.

Mandatory 20 yrs hard labor in the Arctic if caught in possession.

So……the AR-15 was designated a civilian rifle one year before the M16 was issued in Vietnam….

U.S.A. – -(Ammoland.com)- “This responds to your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request … concerning the following: 1. All classification letters (or if classification letters were named in some other way, those records) regarding Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle, Serial No. GX4968 which was approved in approximately 1963; and 2. All classification letters … for AR-15 platform rifles predating the submission to the ATF for the Colt AR15 SP1 Sporter Rifle,” Adam C. Siple, Chief Information and Privacy Governance Division, notified attorney Stephen Stamboulieh in a Nov. 22 response (see below). “In response to your request, we have processed a total of 2 pages of responsive material.

——————-
Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,” one critic of the article contended. “The M16 wasn’t issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasn’t standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didn’t officially replace the M14 until 1969.

BATF certified that the modified weapon submitted by Colt did not meet BATF's definition of "machine gun"

So……the AR-15 was designated a civilian rifle one year before the M16 was issued in Vietnam….

U.S.A. – -(Ammoland.com)- “This responds to your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request … concerning the following: 1. All classification letters (or if classification letters were named in some other way, those records) regarding Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle, Serial No. GX4968 which was approved in approximately 1963; and 2. All classification letters … for AR-15 platform rifles predating the submission to the ATF for the Colt AR15 SP1 Sporter Rifle,” Adam C. Siple, Chief Information and Privacy Governance Division, notified attorney Stephen Stamboulieh in a Nov. 22 response (see below). “In response to your request, we have processed a total of 2 pages of responsive material.

——————-
Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,” one critic of the article contended. “The M16 wasn’t issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasn’t standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didn’t officially replace the M14 until 1969.

It's because it IS a civilian rifle. It's based on the M-16 which is a military rifle. The AR is semi-auto while the M-16 is full auto. The control freaks in the ATF know this. But pressure from the Marxist Party (Demwits) have then re-naming anything that's black and scary looking.

Stop lying.

You’ve only been a member for six months. If you posted before that, you must have gotten banned and are illegally posting.

Forum List

Back