Senator Lindsey Graham explains why he needs an AR-15 civilian rifle...

You ban would increase violence... fact
Shootings increased in Chicago since CCW were allowed. St. Louis allows CCW & has the highest violent crime rate in the US.

That's a stretch

The people committing those violent crimes aren't the people with CCW permits. They are people who cannot get CCW permits.
10 Pro-Gun Myths, Shot Down
ownership-vs-deaths630.png
Here we go again with the gun deaths bullshit

over 2/3 of all gun deaths are suicides and suicide is not a crime

You idiot, suicidal idiots don't just shoot themselves! They often take many others out with them, like the Vegas shooter who shot 600 innocent citizens while committing suicide! My neighbor lost his sister's entire family when her husband shot & killed them all while committing suicide!

Hey Shitforbrains

2/3 of all those "gun deaths" in your chart are suicides where people have shot themselves

less than 1% are deaths occurring in mass shootings

Shootings increased in Chicago since CCW were allowed. St. Louis allows CCW & has the highest violent crime rate in the US.

That's a stretch

The people committing those violent crimes aren't the people with CCW permits. They are people who cannot get CCW permits.

You idiot, suicidal idiots don't just shoot themselves! They often take many others out with them, like the Vegas shooter who shot 600 innocent citizens while committing suicide! My neighbor lost his sister's entire family when her husband shot & killed them all while committing suicide!
Frivolous gun control laws will solve nothing... fact

That's a stretch

Hey Shitforbrains

2/3 of all those "gun deaths" in your chart are suicides where people have shot themselves

And suicides do not count, they take care of themselves. There’s nothing more cowardly than suicide and selfish... fact

That's a stretch

Hey Shitforbrains

And suicides do not count, they take care of themselves. There’s nothing more cowardly than suicide and selfish... fact

Suicide is a choice as every person has the absolute right to decide whether he lives or dies

Hey Shitforbrains

Suicide is a choice as every person has the absolute right to decide whether he lives or dies
That is why they are in no danger to anybody anymore… Like I said their selfishness takes care of itself...

Hey Shitforbrains

That is why they are in no danger to anybody anymore… Like I said their selfishness takes care of itself...

I don't judge the reasons people decide to commit suicide as it is none of my business.

Hey Shitforbrains

I don't judge the reasons people decide to commit suicide as it is none of my business.
It’s why I say suicides do not count, They are water under the bridge

So because you don't own a gun you will never have to defend yourself?

It's like opposite world. I've said people can protect themselves if they wish over and over.
You said you don't own a gun so the odds for needing to defend yourself are nonexistent.

No I didn't. I said the odds of me defending myself with a gun are nonexistent.

So because you don't have a gun you will never need to defend yourself?

Perhaps but that is not how I have chosen to live my life.

"Chosen" is the key word. I also choose to not carry a weapon, but realize others choose to do so.

What's your point? I said the very same thing.

I was emphasizing the value of choice, which some would take away.

It's like opposite world. I've said people can protect themselves if they wish over and over.
You said you don't own a gun so the odds for needing to defend yourself are nonexistent.

No I didn't. I said the odds of me defending myself with a gun are nonexistent.

So because you don't have a gun you will never need to defend yourself?

Perhaps but that is not how I have chosen to live my life.

"Chosen" is the key word. I also choose to not carry a weapon, but realize others choose to do so.

What's your point? I said the very same thing.

I was emphasizing the value of choice, which some would take away.

Trump says he would.

That's a stretch

Yep,
And the vast majority of violence using firearms is in progressive controlled urban areas, done by repeat offenders. With crazy strict gun control laws.

Rural America Has none of these problems, even though firearms outnumber people many, many times over.
So it’s never the firearm... We just have no criminal control in this country
You don’t read graphs very well

The states with the highest gun ownership have the highest gun deaths.....RED STATES

Hey Shitforbrains

Dead is dead

When people start killing themselves by falling down stairs, we can start looking at making stairs safer

That's a stretch

Yep,
And the vast majority of violence using firearms is in progressive controlled urban areas, done by repeat offenders. With crazy strict gun control laws.

Rural America Has none of these problems, even though firearms outnumber people many, many times over.

The states with the highest gun ownership have the highest gun deaths.....RED STATES
The vast majority of those are suicides

Suicide is not a crime it is a choice

So whenever you people add in suicides it is just a feeble attempt to pad the numbers

Murder rates are what determines the real level of gun violence not suicides

23 States have a murder rate lower than that of CA and many of those states have far looser gun laws than CA and in fact the state with the lowest murder rate has much looser gun laws than CA

So once again we see that the number of gun laws does has no bearing on the murder rate of any state

Dead is dead

When people start killing themselves by falling down stairs, we can start looking at making stairs safer

Suicide is a choice and indeed it is an absolute right.

BUt I think we can guess how you feel about people having rights

Dead is dead

You're trying to prevent suicides? I thought we were worried about murder.

That's a stretch

Yep,

In urban areas in red states controlled by progressives... Like Austin Texas... You need to be better educated on the subject

Dead is dead

Lol
Rehab/rehabilitation does not work… the proof is in the numbers

That's a stretch

It's not bullshit, the gun deaths REAL! When I was 6 years old, my 8 year old sister grabbed Dads gun & tried to shoot ME!!! Other extended family have shot or been by spouse. None have shot or driven off criminals.

That's a stretch

It's not bullshit, the gun deaths REAL! When I was 6 years old, my 8 year old sister grabbed Dads gun & tried to shoot ME!!! Other extended family have shot or been by spouse. None have shot or driven off criminals.
So you are using your personal experience to judge other people? Weak. Lol

That's a stretch

So you are using your personal experience to judge other people? Weak. Lol
Yes, I have more gun experience than most on this board & it matches the real numbers, not the myths you retards parrot.

It's not ONE person. It is 10,000 persons per year. 100,000 a decade. It is not ONE.

Actually over 1600 gun deaths are cops shooting criminals not murder

That drops the number of people murdered by a person with a gun to 8500

Most of those are criminals killing other criminals.

And again of all murders those committed with an AR 15 winds up being less than 1%
Cops shooting criminals is not including in homicide figures.
Yes, I have read that 65% to 80% of the homicides in some cities are gang related. We have no gangs in Maine, so 0% are gang related here. I'm sure that is the case in many areas. And just for the record, to me those people count, too. A lot of those gang members get "recruited" very young, under threat.
It's included in the gun deaths numbers you people use all the time

Maine has one of the lowest murder rates in the country and guess what Maine does not require a permit to buy a gun does not have an "assault weapon" ban, no magazine size restrictions etc

So how do you explain that Maine has a murder rate that is less than half that of CA , a state that has all the gun laws and restrictions that you don't have in Maine?

Gun laws in Maine - Wikipedia
The homicide rates I am using -- the 10,000+ p/year -- is only homicides and does not include law enforcement.

I'm perfectly aware of the gun laws in Maine. Did it ever occur to you that states impose gun laws and restrictions BECAUSE there is gun violence? What has that got to do with the price of eggs?

But your entire premise is that all these restrictions will lower the murder rate

So explain how Maine which has virtually none of the restrictions you want to impose has one of the lowest murder rates in the country.

Could is be as I have said all along?

Guns are not the decisive factor in what drives societal violence.

25% of all murder where guns are used takes place in just 4 urban areas, Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit and Washington DC.

All these places have stricter gun laws than Maine yet all these cities have murder rates far in excess of many entire states.

Why is that if as you say gun laws reduce the murder rate ?

How is telling people like me that we can't own this or that type of gun or this or that type of magazine going to lower the murder rate in the cities listed above?

Or could it be that what I have been saying all along that a myriad of societal ills such as segregation, poverty, unemployment, underemployment, poor education, the breakdown of the family, trade in illicit drugs, that plague our inner cities is the actual driving force behind the vast majority of the violence in this country and that violence in these very small very well known areas of the country is in fact so bad that it skews the numbers for the entire country
If it weren't for the alarming rise in mass shootings, your argument would be tempting. However, the violence is erupting in the public square, in the suburbs, in farm country. I agree that city based gang violence makes up a good portion of the homicide deaths in this country. I've heard it said that gang related gun deaths make up 65-80% of gun homicides. Is that in a specific city like Chicago, or is that nationwide? I would like some real fact based numbers on that. I'm not about to dismiss their deaths, either, btw, just because they're gang members, It is pretty obvious that we aren't doing a good enough job of controlling guns if these kids are still getting hold of them. Do you want to give up?

Forum List

Back